78 coaches online • Server time: 22:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2005 - 11:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all,

I want to create a private turney to introduce some friends to playing Bbowl online. We agreed on the basic format that each coach would submit two teams and we would then play a round robin style tourney. I have been fiddling about a little in the tournament creation link, but I can't quite figure out how to stop the schedule generator form scheduling matches between two teams from the same coach.

The obvious solution would be to divide the tourney into 2 groups, but I would really like to stick to the original idea. Any of those experienced in these matters have a tip for me?
Trekamp

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2005 - 11:49 Reply with quote Back to top

One option is to make it open round robin and set a schedule yourself. Otherwise you will have to divide it into 2 groups

-cheers

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2005 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

One big round robin where you manually forfeit games with both teams from same coach.
Cyco

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2005 - 11:56 Reply with quote Back to top

peikko wrote:
One big round robin where you manually forfeit games with both teams from same coach.

You said it first. I had the same idea. Razz

The hardest thing is to keep coaches interested and keep them playing. A common thing is that coaches who doesnt do so well, tend to dissapear or just drop-out.

But good luck with your league.
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2005 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks all for the quick replies.

Christer: Does such a forfiet give one of the teams points or can I set values for that myself?
Arcon

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2005 - 13:00 Reply with quote Back to top

mm, I am not Christer, but you can define the points a team gets for a forfeit yourself. Set that to zero.
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2005 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you Arcon. I'll get on with it then Smile
 Jump to: