44 coaches online • Server time: 16:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2005 - 11:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all,

I want to create a private turney to introduce some friends to playing Bbowl online. We agreed on the basic format that each coach would submit two teams and we would then play a round robin style tourney. I have been fiddling about a little in the tournament creation link, but I can't quite figure out how to stop the schedule generator form scheduling matches between two teams from the same coach.

The obvious solution would be to divide the tourney into 2 groups, but I would really like to stick to the original idea. Any of those experienced in these matters have a tip for me?
Trekamp

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2005 - 11:49 Reply with quote Back to top

One option is to make it open round robin and set a schedule yourself. Otherwise you will have to divide it into 2 groups

-cheers

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2005 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

One big round robin where you manually forfeit games with both teams from same coach.
Cyco

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2005 - 11:56 Reply with quote Back to top

peikko wrote:
One big round robin where you manually forfeit games with both teams from same coach.

You said it first. I had the same idea. Razz

The hardest thing is to keep coaches interested and keep them playing. A common thing is that coaches who doesnt do so well, tend to dissapear or just drop-out.

But good luck with your league.
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2005 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks all for the quick replies.

Christer: Does such a forfiet give one of the teams points or can I set values for that myself?
Arcon

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2005 - 13:00 Reply with quote Back to top

mm, I am not Christer, but you can define the points a team gets for a forfeit yourself. Set that to zero.
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2005 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you Arcon. I'll get on with it then Smile
 Jump to: