42 coaches online • Server time: 11:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2015 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow this has got out of hand.....

Pygmy linos are ma5 for a start, and no where near being a good lino in Stunty.

I don't really understand the Sprint on Jags tbh, and it's main use is to catch people out, because nobody is expecting it. A few times I've camped a Jag on what appeared to be just outside of TD range on turn 7, for him to be ignored as a scoring threat.

Personally I don't think they need the dodge buff, but I don't like the Sprint either. Dauntless would make them a bit of a big guy hunter, and a mecha killer.

However I would say, you do have to be careful when choosing games. Too much kill on a team just rips through them, but that's a combo problem rather than a roster problem.
ElanTheBard

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2015 - 10:15 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:

Best BG in Stunty is the Spawn. Then there is the Doom Wheel, Strig Lord, and mechas even though they aren't really BGs. Kris are not the best imo.

Yeah sorry, Chaos Spawn is better. But the others.. not really in my opinion.
I didn't count mechas as big guys, Doomwheel has secret weapon (it's 1 instead of 2) and I can't really see how it can be considered more decisive than 2 Kroxys.
Strig Lord is "slightly" better, but it's only 1.
Nurgle Beasts are good with tents, but still not decisive and complete as a Mov 6 Prehensile Tail guy (without forgetting bone head, far better than really stupid)

WhatBall wrote:

Eagle warriors are good, yes. Not the best, but good.

I didn't say the best, but very good.
How many MOV7 ST2 ball carriers are out there? Only skinks and eshin.

WhatBall wrote:

Best linemen? No way. Gnomes are better. Regenerating Nurgz are useful too. 6AV linos are garbage. End of story. AV7 makes a difference

It's not end of story, is your opinion vs mine.
Gnomes are Mov 4!!! I will gladly change that for 1 MOV more and shadowing spam! (and save 15K each, very good deal). Av6 linos are garbage, but that's the average in stunty, you can't really say it's a negative trait.

WhatBall wrote:

When has anyone won any tournament with Pygmies? And we are talking about dodge on 2 players in a league that is 90+% dodge.

First, there are not so many stunty tournaments.
Second, pigmies are not heavily used as other races (chaos halflings, slaves, nurglings, strigoyans, cheaters).
It's true that 2 dodges are not a massive boost, but still, I don't understand why to give a little improvement to a team that looks fluffy and well balanced already (team records say that).
I would understand this change only in a bigger plan, something will touch more rosters.

Anyway, this discussion made me want to try pigmies! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2015 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not even sure the linos are good or even average....I'd much rather have mutation access, that comes with some linos. All goblins are better too. Opinions aside, Pygmies definitely aren't the best lino.

Big guys they're good, but the problem is the amount of stuff flying around that takes out big guys like them. Bombs, saws, gadgets, widgets and whatnots.
SkavenLordVinshqueek

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2015 - 10:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Despite their movement of four, I would rate Gnomes as better linemen then the Pygmies. Having access to Strength skills and armour value eight makes them a lot more durable... They might not be fast, but they thrive on the long strolls, taking out a LOT in the progress. Something that Pygmy linemen do not. (At least not for me).

Jump to: