31 coaches online • Server time: 09:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
NerdBird

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2016 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I was wondering what the reason was for the ARR sprints and Black Box sprints being different?

The Box sprints must have a qualifying TV of more than 1400 TV, the ARR ones have no qualifying TV which allows new/newish teams a much greater advantage, no? Aren't we trying to promote racial diversity with teams OVER 30 games? I find these new teams coming up through very tough to crack for my 100 game old team that has gets blasted down into reality. The new teams have some money, they have some evenly distributed skills because they have not faced much attrition from over 30 game bash teams and if they flame out, they get retired. If we are just promoting racial diversity of teams under 30 games, doesn't this just prove there is a problem with BOX and throw the numbers out of whack when we look at the races compared to games being played? I am trying not to harp here, but I look at the games in the box and I see a lot of ARR teams playing...but upon investigation they are usually under 30 game teams. This, IMO, skews the numbers.

Teams like mrt1212's Coca Loca BBL, Kingvan's New Vamps on the blood, okostomi's Nuevo ricos and Timetis' Rain Wild are where the heart and soul of ARR should really be. Your new team completing a sprint in the box is pittance to those really grinding it out and proving we can survive against the bashers!

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2016 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

NerdBird wrote:
I was wondering what the reason was for the ARR sprints and Black Box sprints being different?

You can PM koadah. He has set the TV levels.
koadah

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2016 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I was only following orders. Wink

You could promote the Agile sprint.

We could do something else completely but that would take some work.

Something that required at least three teams of different races would probably be prefered. Don't know where the time would come from to do that though. Wink

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2016 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Because if you stop to think about it... how many halfling/gobbo sprints are you going to get if you set a minimum at 1400? Also, we're talking about the most beat up races in the box. Even teams with 15 games could be bashed below 1400 quite frequently because there is a ton of av 7 (or lower!) and stunty around.

Your point is valid, sure it would be nice to have a more progressive system but at the time we decided to encourage people to come join the group and play some games. Things like a conference/premiership (like HLP/HLC) could be setup or perhaps other options. However, koadah has already done (and continues to do) work for us and I didn't feel the TV cap was a pressing issue and also felt koadah didn't need any more work until we'd thought through it.

That is the background, moving forward - sure put some thought into a proposal and cdassak may listen to you. As ARR matures maybe changing the way some of that stuff works is a better idea. At the start we put rules in place with the idea of encouraging new teams to sign up. I would suspect that any change would get nixed if it makes it *harder* for flings and gobbos and ogres though, so keep that in mind.

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2016 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you're making a better case for High elves not being in ARR than you are for the TV range hehe

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2016 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

What about a specific '30+ sprint' category? (just an idea from a nitwit without 30+ B experience)
 Jump to: