40 coaches online • Server time: 14:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Brot

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2016 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys, the blood bowl bug has bitten me again and I am tinkering with my stuff again. I will make a new attempt at getting a tabletop 7s league going, but before I do so I wanted to finish a concept I always thought to be interesting. (My previously made new Special Play Cards were apparently not really that enthusiastically received by the tabletop scene.) The concept would be as such.

1. Custom Special Play Card Decks - Each team of the league has a custom 50k card deck, which is selected from the pool at the start of a league through a draft system.

2. Random Event Deck - Instead of a Kick-Off Table, I will create a Random Event Deck. All the standard effects will be present together with more exotic events from other variants and such. In addition, instead of an automatic event at the kick-off - every player rolls a D6 at the end of his turn and on a roll of a 6 a card is drawn and resolved.
Maybe people will stop stalling when there is always the potential of a rock coming their way Razz

Anyway, just wanted to throw that out there and see if anybody wants to theorize about what that would do to the game.

Cheers!
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2016 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

The biggest thing for getting 7s going is to replace the 'poached by the big league rule'. In LRB4 it was a niggle, in CRP it wasn't really replicated well.

However I think a custom kick off deck would certainly be better than using the regular rules. Best of luck!!!
Brot

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2016 - 02:04 Reply with quote Back to top

As far as I see it, no of the alternative 'player-removal' rules are optimal. Besides that, they are hated by pretty much every player (since they're basically aging).

I would try to solve the problem by implementing a rough spiralling expenses table that starts at a relatively low point. In addition to the bank rule, to avoid tough teams to stack cash endlessly.
 Jump to: