52 coaches online • Server time: 22:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2016 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Greetings.

If you send me a PM with what the skill is supposed to be, I can change it before the next game.

Well done NA, enjoy game three!
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2016 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi gang,

Round 3 is here! There has been a little site instability this evening, so please bear with the staff in Europe as they tidy up the remainder of round 2, I don't expect a long delay.

Next week's deadline is Monday night / Tuesday morning server, check your group page for exact timings.

As ever, call out early if there are issues.

Phil / Goo.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2016 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

..Having said that, the European page isn't letting me update currently, for some reason. For you, it's 22:00 server, Monday the 8th.
Olaf_the_Stout

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2016 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Bit of a draw-fest in the Oceania division so far. 7 draws from 16 games. Out of 18 team, only 2 teams have won both games. Means it is still really, really wide open.
Mike666

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2016 - 00:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Phil / Goo - Quick question please: Why were games that were unplayed by the deadline not forfeits? European Group 3 had matches that started after the next draw should have been up. Cheers.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2016 - 00:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi. If games have started by deadline, then we let them complete. As you may know, tonight there was some site instability. I couldn't get on myself for an hour across the deadline. It's likely the staff member with jurisdiction there also could not get on exactly on time. If the game was underway when he got on, all things considered I think we're happier with a game being played than not. If this hour or so affects your third game, PM me and we can discuss it further.
Mike666

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2016 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the answer. It affects all games in European group 3 as they hadn't started until 30 mins after deadline. No issue as I understand the pragmatism due to server instability - but in general if that happens I would expect to see zero tolerance.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2016 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

The approach very much is zero tolerance; we forfeit on the buzzer, unless a game is in progress. Site instability can throw us curve balls that we have to react to as they come along, but I assure you that our policy remains that games get called on the dot such that the whole group can move on. That said, there are occasional real life issues (our dedicated staff are human beings), and if these occur we try and make our communication as good as possible and consider all affected.

Anyway, that out of the way, I hope everybody is well underway getting their round three games organised!
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2016 - 08:39 Reply with quote Back to top

We're at Wednesday already, those games should be coming together nicely!
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2016 - 08:53 Reply with quote Back to top

TFI Friday!

The groups look like they're moving in the right direction. Make sure you're all complete by deadline!
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2016 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

At a tournament this weekend (hooray!), so I may be a hair slower than usual responding to PMs (boo).

Get those games in! 2 bumps in one day may be excessive, but it makes up for Saturday / Sunday. Wink
Cinghiale

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2016 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello,

unfortunately the game between Cinghiale and Bugrum hasn't been played for my fault (still at work) and he cannot arrange another match in time, therefore I concede the game to him.

Thanks
natsirtdm

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2016 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Can I ask what is going on in NA division? It appears both NAF Lizards and CD Dreddolo NAF WC 2016 conceded their first game? Then they were matched up in round 2, which did complete. Now they are matched again in round 3 and we are waiting on them?? Forgive me if I have misunderstood.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2016 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi there.

We have encountered unexpected behaviour regarding negative points and the Swiss system employed by the site. Rest assured the situation won't repeat in game 4, we've been talking about it all week.

Deadline fast approaching, expect round 4 comms very soon.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2016 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

OK! Everyone should already be in, or will very shortly be in as the R3 process completes, round 4. Three lovely new skills await, so get those games scheduled and enjoy yourselves! Smile

Shout if you need us.

Anyone in the Euro timezone reading this fancy 3 games of BB? We've a spot open if so. PM me if you'd like in.

Also... That blasted code continues to migrate across the group pages. Anyone with the knowledge to advise, hit my PM box. Smile
 Jump to: