51 coaches online • Server time: 19:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Now what?
Dauntless
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Pro
24%
 24%  [ 9 ]
Tackle
29%
 29%  [ 11 ]
Wrestle
13%
 13%  [ 5 ]
Blood Pudding
29%
 29%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 37

w8lifter

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2016 - 00:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Up to you, but at 110 TV, he's too expensive for a Norse team. And that's another player that will eat MVPs that other players could get double skills on as well as 110 TV that can get sent off the pitch by the Ref.

Norse to have manage TV to be competitive, it's not really an option. If 31 SPP, a Norse lino doesn't have Guard or +AG/+ST, he has to be fired.
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2016 - 00:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Pro. He fits the mould.

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2016 - 01:06 Reply with quote Back to top

w8lifter wrote:
these are opinions about norse that everyone has heard a 1000 times before

this is not relevant, i'm keeping him, so the question is which skill.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2016 - 01:15 Reply with quote Back to top

w8lifter wrote:
Norse to have manage TV to be competitive, it's not really an option. If 31 SPP, a Norse lino doesn't have Guard or +AG/+ST, he has to be fired.

This is long term League. How much winning experience do you have using Norse in a big League again?

It's all about planning pushes, developing a core (hopefully he won't be part of), and cutting weight when necessary.

Playing Norse long term in a high TV League is a totally different game than Ranked or Box.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2016 - 01:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Pro or Shadowing
w8lifter

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2016 - 02:13 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:

This is long term League. How much winning experience do you have using Norse in a big League again?

It's all about planning pushes, developing a core (hopefully he won't be part of), and cutting weight when necessary.

Playing Norse long term in a high TV League is a totally different game than Ranked or Box.

More experience that you have in being polite.

Nowhere does it say what format this is but still long term League has the same challenges as Ranked as TV still needs to be managed as your hitters (Zerks/Ulfs) should be gaining the majority of SPP from Cas and Runners should be scoring, so having a 110 TV lino that can be sent off on a single foul is 40 TV too much. Yes, you will be facing fewer skill monsters but that 40 TV could be the difference between your opponent having a wizard or not.

But obvious someone has pissed in your wheaties, if it was me, I would apologize but at this point, I'd be lying.
w8lifter

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2016 - 02:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Duplicate post

Last edited by w8lifter on Feb 14, 2016 - 16:31; edited 2 times in total
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2016 - 02:50 Reply with quote Back to top

w8lifter wrote:
Nowhere does it say what format this is...

I clearly stated that retirement is not an option. On three different occasions. That's all you need to know.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2016 - 06:45 Reply with quote Back to top

w8lifter wrote:

Nowhere does it say what format this is

This is actually true and a fair point. I realised this after I posted (slaps BK2).

w8lifter wrote:
but still long term League has the same challenges as Ranked

No, this isn't the case. You cannot play a League team how you are playing your Ranked Norse and go on a title run.

w8lifter wrote:
having a 110 TV lino that can be sent off on a single foul is 40 TV too much.

Of course this is a problem. The player is unfortunate. However you need to move away from him being a DP and him being a full half player. If he gets sent off after the half is settled, then he gets sent off. Hopefully you then have a bench that he doesn't matter for the second.

And

Balle2000 wrote:
w8lifter wrote:
Nowhere does it say what format this is...

I clearly stated that retirement is not an option. On three different occasions. That's all you need to know.

Which is the main point I think you needed to be quiet.
Dach

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2016 - 07:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm with Jeffro, wrestle to bring more fouling target!

Not optimal on someone who already have block but oh well...
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2016 - 09:28 Reply with quote Back to top

3 normals on a norse lino would be bad even if one of them wasn't dirty player imo. If retirement isn't an option for players, then skilling dirty player becomes a much worse idea, really. Still if you insist on keeping him, I'd go for tackle for this guy.

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2016 - 09:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Pro. At some point you may think that fouling as an option, but not critical. If in such case this player and the other foulers are both marked, but you absolutely dont want to spend a team reroll on dodge, then you use pro on failed dodge. Or on the 1d block if you decides against fouling. Both actions should be at the end of your turn to profit.
w8lifter

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2016 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
w8lifter wrote:
these are opinions about norse that everyone has heard a 1000 times before

this is not relevant, i'm keeping him, so the question is which skill.

Don't misquote me, that's not what I wrote...
w8lifter

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2016 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="harvestmouse"]
w8lifter wrote:

No, this isn't the case. You cannot play a League team how you are playing your Ranked Norse and go on a title run.

Again politeness escapes you.

Am I missing something in the long term League rules? I see a team that has played more games than the typical Ranked team does so exactly HOW is playing a League team with the following stat line for games different than Ranked?

Games Played: 160 (79/32/49)

That's 160 games played.

Anything past about 20 games means that you must maximize each position's value to the team and having a 3 skill DP means that the player has either 1 skill that doesn't help them with their main job as a positional player or two skills that don't help them as a fouler.

I've explained the reasoning behind my suggestions and yet all you can do is respond to my posts with rudeness. How about stepping up and providing some logic as to why a long term league team with 160 games played is managed differently than a team in ranked?
mariogodzilla

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2016 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="w8lifter"]
harvestmouse wrote:
w8lifter wrote:

Again politeness escapes you.

Am I missing something in the long term League rules? I see a team that has played more games than the typical Ranked team does so exactly HOW is playing a League team with the following stat line for games different than Ranked?

Games Played: 160 (79/32/49)

That's 160 games played.

Anything past about 20 games means that you must maximize each position's value to the team and having a 3 skill DP means that the player has either 1 skill that doesn't help them with their main job as a positional player or two skills that don't help them as a fouler.

I've explained the reasoning behind my suggestions and yet all you can do is respond to my posts with rudeness. How about stepping up and providing some logic as to why a long term league team with 160 games played is managed differently than a team in ranked?

Well he has said since the beginning retiring isn't an option, so saying he should retire it was pointless.
 Jump to: