42 coaches online • Server time: 14:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2016 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Always foul turn 8 of a half in league unless I can score. Not doing so angers nuffle.

Though I sometimes forget.
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2016 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Redjiik wrote:
mister__joshua wrote:
JohnnyFeyev wrote:
Personal superstition, don't ever wish the other player good luck. Sure, say "have fun" or "GL", but never actually wish your opponent good luck. You don't mean it anyway. Sometimes, if I know the other person, I come right out and start the game with, "I hope you roll nothing but ones and skulls."

I do this also. It feels disingenuous to wish an opponent luck if you don't actually hope they have it. If I do and they have good luck then that is my fault Smile

I agree with this but I still say good luck. I don't want to say gratz when some one scores but everyone acts like your murdering babies if you don't. I mean you just scored, your winning. Why does the loser need to kiss the winners feet.

I do say it and mean it. First off I consider it gentlemanly, I might be trying to ground blitz your payers to pulp but I will do it in a gentlemanly way. Second in Blood Bowl good luck is oftern just not having bad luck and a game where the dice are stupidly one sided is not the most fun win or lose.
member1234

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2016 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
I see a lot of 'picking tails or the right hand coin' being luckier. I think I can clarify the reasoning behind this.

I too always pick tails, not because tails comes up anymore but because I've accidentally picked heads a dozen or so times and lost every time.....every time! New client, old client another client, it doesn't matter.

So I thought there must be a reason behind this. It occurred to me, that it's scientifically proven that a piece of toast with jam and butter on it, will almost always land jam side down.

(Getting back to the coin toss) So if you look closely at the coin, you'll notice the head side looks significantly more like a jam and buttered piece of toast than the tail's side.

Ergo there is scientific proof that 'accidentally' be that dropping toast or picking heads by mistake will result in the jam and butter side of the coin landing face down.

WhatBall wrote:
I always pick the right coin. No idea if it is heads or tails, I pick the right one.

But, I prefer if he other player calls the toss, I feel I get the choice more often.

When I roll a 1, if I don't move he mouse around in circles a few times it will not update the RNG and will just give me the one again.

You fools! The left is where it's at. I've been harvesting the remaining luck you leave behind on the left all these years!

• When getting diced or dicing someone, always be positive and laugh along, bad grapes will gift you more horrid dice.
  • Be sure to thank nuffle, and be genuinely happy, for your complete dicings and comment (remind nuffle) that you'll get it back in other games.
  • Per above, the worse your dice when already being diced, the more rewards you reap later. Wish for them to be as bad as possible.
  • Call out what you need "and her we go, 5++ 4++ GFI x2, 1D pow time". More likely to succeed. Never comment on what your opponent needs "ha, wouldn't it be funny if you managed this.....".
  • The better the player fouling/being fouled, the higher the chance the ref sees it.
  • The better the theme, pics,background, the better the team plays

Dominik

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2016 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

If you surrender a game before Turn 16 you will indeed lose the game, if you don't, magic can happen.
Redjiik

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2016 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
If you surrender a game before Turn 16 you will indeed lose the game, if you don't, magic can happen.

Unless it's turn 15 you have no way to score and your oppo is up by 2 or more.
paradocks

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2016 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Hope to win, but plan to lose
Seventyone

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2016 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

If in doubt the phrase "administration client on" followed by "oops sorry you weren't supposed to see that" will guarantee zero skulls for all blocks that turn. It's an Easter egg...
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2016 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

JohnnyFeyev wrote:
I DON'T ROLL ON SHABBOS!!! (sorry for the all cap- but Walter Sobchak wouldn't care what you think about it)

What's a shabbo? Confused

Always make sure your gold supporter is up to date before entering a tourney. (the client is programmed to give you more 6s in that case) Wink

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2016 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Never Apoth less than a perm. Nuffle will make sure you either get a perm or a death to a more valuable player in a later turn.

DLE College 7s
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2016 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Your inducements will occasionally pan out, but Nuffle will find a way to neutralize them.

Bloodweiser Babes are great for this reason. They assure you will not get any of your guys knocked out.

Bribes are a mixed bag. Either they fail, or (more likely) you won't roll any doubles on fouls, or (also possible) you'll get creamed and be unable to foul for most of the game.

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2016 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
Bloodweiser Babes are great for this reason. They assure you will not get any of your guys knocked out.

Terrible phrasing. Even allowing for that, babes are assurances of nothing. They just greatly increase the odds that you get your knocked out guys back after a tough drive. Especially useful if you get 2 goes at it (i.e. an unsuccessful first half defense).

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2016 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:

* GFIs into the endzone are prone to fail.

fail -> prone, not prone -> fail. Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2016 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

JellyBelly wrote:
JohnnyFeyev wrote:
I DON'T ROLL ON SHABBOS!!! (sorry for the all cap- but Walter Sobchak wouldn't care what you think about it)

What's a shabbo? Confused

I think it's a Jewish holiday. I don't know, it's from Big Lebowski.
PainState

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2016 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

If you find yourself thinking that I should not hit the YES on the do you wish to PILE ON prompt because you want to play the positional game, well, more than likely you just passed up on the Kill shot PileOn. You find this out because right after that you end your turn and your foe rolls a string of 5 rolls of 5/6 finishing with a 6.

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2016 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

It's the Jewish Sabbath. From sundown on Friday until approximately 1 hour after sundown on Saturday.

Jump to: