57 coaches online • Server time: 22:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2016 - 10:21 Reply with quote Back to top

The answer to the "problem" you present is not to create more pass happy rosters, it is to create more pass happy teams, and I don't just mean elven teams. The Agility Monsters are a great example of a coach deciding he wants to throw the football rather than bash his way into the end-zone, and even Der Green Tide love nothing more than an incompetent gobbo trying to chuck a hail mary into the end-zone.

More diverse teams using the current rosters is the answer here.
kilinrax

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2016 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
1. The opposite of dark elves:)

From a fluff perspective Dark Elves are the opposite of all the other Elves Smile

You have created a sub-race that exists only with reference to others ... an inversion of a reflection ... a Waluigi of elven rosters.

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
2. I happen to like the skill and figure adding it and making linemen more expensive wouldn't hurt.

The problem with this, basically, is everyone wants their stuff not to suck. It's a natural urge. And this means your roster will, naturally, tend to exhibit 'power creep' over the existing ones. Which means that, outside of certain friendly training/testing scenarios, no-one will want to play against your roster.
So whatever practice you put into playing with your new roster won't help you, long term.
Endzone

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2016 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

There needs to be a fluff theme. What is it? Really you want a theme and then look to describe it with the stats and skills.

In terms of your pricing:

The linemen are 10K too cheap. Why do thy start with wrestle - are Light Elves into WWE or something?

The catchers are Woodelf catchers but without sprint an 10K more expensive - makes no sense. As a general rule make you positional worth it or you are just creating a min-max roster.

The thrower (passer?) is a high Elf Thrower without Safe Throw and with Accurate and costing 30K more - very strange 90K (or maybe 100K) would be more appropriate.

The blitzers are priced correctly, but why do the have frenzy - are they all completely psycho and if so why?

The skyrunner is a gutter runner with sidestep so 90K or 100K feels like a fair price.

Rerolls 140K (i.e. 70K for a stating team I guess). Why, all elves are 100K (i.e. 50K for stating teams)

Overall this roster would be a min-maxers dream (so no not so great) unless the pricing is addressed. 11 under priced lineman and away you go!

here is a possible theme and roster:

Something a bit different for 'Light Elves' would be that they are an order of paladins - very holy and all wear heavy armour. You could then have a unique lineman stat of 5349 (that is ST3 and AG4) You would then need to think carefully about balance as AV9 linemen would be great because they wouldn't suffer attrition like other elves. You could write loads of fluff about this 'order of elven Light'.

0-16 Lineman 5349 70K (heavy armour makes them slower)
0-2 Blitzer 6349 Wrestle, Frenzy 120K (the blizters are the greatly feared fanatical zealot warriors)
0-2 Thrower 5349 Pass, Nerves of Steel 90K (their faith and armour makes the throwers fearless - an NoS could lead to some interesting dump off build options for the slower running elf plays)
0-2 Catchers 7348 Catch, NoS 100K
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2016 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Endzone wrote:

The catchers are Woodelf catchers but without sprint an 10K more expensive - makes no sense. As a general rule make you positional worth it or you are just creating a min-max roster.

Well I understand why the BBRC changed WE catchers (from ma9 to ma8/sprint) for OTT reasons, but fluffwise it's horrid. If they're not going to change gutters, what is the point.

He has given them AV8, which negates a square of movement. But catchers with av8 is silly like Plasmoids human catcher rules isn't good fluffwise.

Endzone wrote:

Rerolls 140K (i.e. 70K for a stating team I guess). Why, all elves are 100K (i.e. 50K for stating teams)

This is totally wrong for Elves, however in the latest editions the BBRC seem to have ignored the rules of RR price.

2 things affected (I use past tense on this) the rules of Rerolls.

The first was how organised a team was. The most organised of teams were Dwarfs, that's why they had 80k rerolls. The least organised were the totally chaotic chaos and therefore 140k.

The other factor was pricing regeneration. Regen is worth more than the 50k apo so regen teams had higher price RRs.

A good and light elven team with 140k rerolls doesn't fit.

However to fix this roster it needs to be done stage by stage. I get the feeling that might not happen.
ix77

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2016 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL we really doing this ok i love elves but they are not meant to out bash bash teams they supposed to out wit and finesse them someone probably pointed this out to you but i understand the pain of elf vs Dwarfs ouch or worse a high rank Chaos team oooh but what your asking for is brawler elves closest i can think of is Dark elves i have str 4 which elf and str 4 high elf lino so give'em another chance maybe you can build a team to do it with wit and Guile Smile Good luck
mariogodzilla

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2016 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

He just switched his numbers around, its still st3 and ag4
ix77

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2016 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

kk i did not see that SORRY!!! Smile
Medon

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2016 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Light elves should have AV6!
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2016 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

New roster idea (with thanks to Uedder)