23 coaches online • Server time: 01:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How do you like your BloodBowl?
Just the way it is. I LOVE IT, leave it alone.
18%
 18%  [ 30 ]
I love it but it could use some minor tweaking.
60%
 60%  [ 97 ]
I like it but it needs some major changes.
13%
 13%  [ 22 ]
Needs a complete overhaul. Scrap the current ruleset and rewrite it.
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
I don't care as long as I can kill your pixels and shirtcopter as you ragequit.
6%
 6%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 160

JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2016 - 11:03 Reply with quote Back to top

There was a thread several years back where someone compared the injury probabilities of CPOMB/Claw+RSC/DP foul - I'll see if I can dig it up. Although, I'm skeptical that Claw+RSC was actually more damaging than CPOMB. If it was, it wasn't by much and, as you say, it was mitigated by the difficulty in getting hold of it.

LRB4 fouling (with +2 DP) was certainly more likely to cause damage (as a single action) than Claw+RSC though, as long as you had more than 2 assists on the foul (Claw was +2 on armour, RSC +2 on injury). Plus, for Claw+RSC, you had to roll the block dice to get the knockdown in the first place.

LRB4 was something of a foul-fest, however I'd prefer the tactical fouling of LRB4 that all teams have access to any day over the cheesy CPOMB spam we have atm. I stand by my position that fouling should be the most damaging action - otherwise, why would players risk getting sent off for it and coaches be willing to risk jeopardizing their field position by clustering players?

I'm not sure about the Khorne roster either - seems a bit silly and I'm not sure BB really needs all these different Chaos rosters. Might as well do ones for Tzeensch and Slaanesh as well! And Brettonians ... they just seem like a bit of a rubbish human roster.

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
plasmoid

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2016 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Harvestmouse said:
Quote:
Mentioned earlier was that using CRP+ rules (DP buff/PO nerf) has made the league that uses it foul heaven. I find that difficult to believe, however it's something that needs to be looked into.

I recently heard about this too, and was genuinely surprised.
AFAIK this is not the case with any other NTBB League...

From what I'm told, the general opinion in this particular League was that even with straight CRP rules, fouling was quite potent. So it was a foul heavy League before switching to NTBB. With that as the starting point, +1 to fouling is just icing.

Still - it is worth looking into.
I've suggested that they try an NTBB season without that +1 to fouling, to see if that makes any difference at all.

Cheers
Martin
 Jump to: