35 coaches online • Server time: 12:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tribble_the_Unclean

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2003 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

There have been a few instances where I have wanted to pick up a saved game with a player on a different system, and it is impossible to do it since I do not have the saved game file laying around on that new system. This occurs whether I am hosting or connecting to a game, since both sides require a save-game file. And more recently, a game between Drakrull and myself was put on hiatus because his hard drive crashed with three turns left to go, leaving his savegame file irreplaceable.

Since one version of the savegame file exists, it would be nice if we could take this version and put it through a conversion utility to spit out a new savegame file that we can send to our opponents. I may be just thinking some stupid stuff here, but I've already ran into two instances where this would come in handy in the three weeks I've been a part of FUMBBL.
ecsjhart

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2003 - 12:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Or, alternatively, some way that saved games can be uploaded onto fumbbl.com. Maybe another button next to the report match one. If both players were to do this, the files could be compared and confirmed and then reloaded later...
 Jump to: