25 coaches online • Server time: 04:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Full_Ork

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2016 - 03:35 Reply with quote Back to top

New to the forum, sorry if this is the wrong spot. But I've seen it mentioned that khorne daemons have more than the two star players from the video game. My question is, where are the rules for that? I've seen hubris mentioned. Also, I saw in secrete league bloodless replaces frenzy for them, but the pdf has them like the video game.

Also, I've seen it mentioned that the apes have Zara as a star player, but the pdf doesn't list her, was that a past version of their rules?

Last edited by Full_Ork on %b %23, %2016 - %06:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2016 - 06:04 Reply with quote Back to top

what are khorne daemons?

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2016 - 06:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Mate,

FUMBBL does not run a Khorne demaon team on this site as they are not an official team in tabletop or in the current actual version of the rules (referred to as CRP).

The Simyin team is only run on this site in the league division as again they are not really an approved official team.

Try copying and pasting the below link into your web browser for the appropriate section of our help menu in the overhead menu's to see all of the races and their rosters (as well as some other info.

http://fumbbl.com/help:LRB6RaceStrategy

If you're interested join the Fringe
Full_Ork

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2016 - 06:12 Reply with quote Back to top

The BB1 video game team, there's a pdf on this site that counts them with Sinyin and Bretonnia as unofficial teams, but it sounds like they were updated, I'm just trying to figure out there most recent rules. Same with Sinyin.
almic85

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2016 - 06:35 Reply with quote Back to top

As per my first post this site, FUMBBL, is set up to run in line with the current rules for the tabletop game Bloodbowl.

The computer game Bloodbowl 1, produced by Cyanide, included a "Khorne Demons" team that is not part of the official bloodbowl rules. As such it is not something that is generally discussed on this site (and can and has lead to long flame wars in our forums and a bit of back and forth between the FUMBBL and Cyanide online gaming communities).

If you want details on the Khorne team roster used in the blood bowl 1 video game you are honestly better off asking on their forum linked below.

http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1665

As it is not an official team it is possible for Cyanide to decide to completely rewrite them or drop them completely in the new bloodbowl 2 game they are producing.

Bretonians fall into the same category as Khorne Daemons. There are no "Official" rules. I think Cyanide were looking at implementing a roster of their own design, but to the best of my knowledge it has not been officially approved by anyone involved in the official (tabletop) rules.

If you're interested join the Fringe
garyt1

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2016 - 07:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Also I don't think Simyins (apes) will ever be in Cyanide Bloodbowl, definitely weren't in BB1. But there is an unofficial races pdf on thenaf.net which is probably the link you have seen fullork.
The first link almic posted includes the simyins roster on fumbbl. Simyins were made by a fumbbl player.

Make some teams on fumbbl. Play and enjoy!

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2016 - 09:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Almic85's done a good job in explaining. I will also try to explain/repeat in the hope of clarification/adding more detail.

History

Khorne like Nurgle is a Chaos god set in the Warhammer/40K/BloodBowl universes. Unlike Nurgle they didn't have a top tier professional team in the 2nd Edition of BloodBowl. Much later on this was what was used as base for the Nurgle roster.

However; as Khaine's position as a god (Dark Elf god) became precarious the DE team "Khaine's Killers" were renamed "Khorne's Killers" and became the recoginised top tier team.

At the end of 3rd edition 4 new chaos rosters were added. These were called the 'Daemon' rosters. They weren't very balanced and probably not even tested. However they were fairly well replicated from Warhammer deamons quite authentically. There was one for each god. So Cyanide's claim of "Khorne playing BB for the first time!" isn't correct.

There was also a Bretonnian roster around 4th edition time. Neither had a roster before this time (although there was an Albion (UK area) Knight roster (Albion Wanderers) from 1st edition BloodBowl way back in 1987. Simyin are an entirely new creation, with an entirely new race not seen in BB or Warhammer.

Cyanide (in their wisdom) thought it would be a great idea to add Khorne as their edition to the Blood Bowl legacy.

Game
The game is called BloodBowl. The latest edition of the rules, which 'roughly' is what all sides (at the moment as nobody knows what GW's plans are) try to replicate.

Places to play BB

NAF
NAF are the organisation that organises tournaments and a lot more. They generally are the go to people for anything Table Top. That is to say playing the game in the format it was designed for....on a table.

FUMBBL
FUMBBL (here) uses an online client called FFB (FantasyFootball for legal reasons). FUMBBL try to follow CRP edition rules as closely as possible and the client allows.

BloodBowl Computer Game (retrospectively known as BB1)
Cyanide released a licensed version of BB on computers and consoles. It also tries to follow CRP, however had a few issues in doing so.

BB2
Cyanide replaced BB with BB2. BB2 is a new game for them, but it isn't a new game actually. It still follows the same game rules. HOWEVER (again in their wisdom) they have decided to change a few rules. They have added some aspects of CRP+ which were new rules that would probably/could possibly (touchy subject) have been tested if the Blood Bowl Rules Committee were not taken behind the barn and given a glass of water with a shotgun pill. Basically an old man in new clothes resold. They have also added a few changes of their own, probably trying to make it a more commercial computer game product. Also probably to justify a new product.

Legality of the new rosters
Here are mentioned 3 new rosters. All 3 actually come from different sources and are therefore viewed differently. None of which appear in any official rulebook (since Brets/Khorne 4th edition nearly 15-20 years ago and very very different to the rosters of today).

Khorne
Cyanide did various versions of BB1 and to keep it fresh they needed to add extra things. This was fine to the point of adding new rosters. However by the time 'Chaos Edition' came around there weren't too many of these left.

However 'outside' of CRP there are 3 'semi' official races all revamped from 2nd edition (Chaos Pact, Slann, Underworld). They were made official by the BBRC, but not by GW (due to figure/look issues). My guess Chaos edition would have added these races, however only 1 'Underworld' was approved by GW. So........that's probably why they went down the Khorne route. This wasn't a figure issue as GW had Fantasy Khorne figures.

Cyanide made the roster in house and frankly.......it showed that fundamentally they have a lot of shortcomings on the understanding of BloodBowl. So they then hooked up an experienced crew who then redid the roster.

The problem with the purists is that Khorne is the uber killing god. However we do already have a problem with Chaos been far too killy already. So.....the end product is a bit tame. Also the roster had a lot stipulations, meaning the design crew were extremely handcuffed in execution.

Legalitywise well.......it's not legal anywhere right now. It was legal in BB1 and there are some smaller NAF tournaments that also use it. It may become a NAF recognised roster in the future, the new president is a fan I believe. It will probably come back in BB2. It is not available in the official rules nor on FUMBBL.

Problems with the roster
I, like many were extremely disappointed with the portrayal of them. The daemons aren't how they should be and the naming policy is a bit naff (not 'the NAF' mentioned earlier).

Apes of Wrath/Simyin
This is a totally different concept. It's not available for Cyanide. It's the brainchild of 'Chance' aka Podcast fame and a few others. He worked with the community to make the roster. There was also a figure line done by Impact miniatures.

Due to Chance and Christer (FUMBBL's man MAN) working on a project together. As a thank you/part of the deal (who knows exactly exactly) Simyins were added to FUMBBL.

However they may only be played in the League division here. They cannot be played in the ranking 'competitive' divisions as they are not official.

Again, like Khorne some NAF tournaments do allow them, but they are not official.

Problems with the roster is that they don't really fit the fluff of Warhammer that well and lack a real background of note. This is compounded by them being a new race and community not professional produced. There's no real coordinated illustrations for example.

Again though, like Khorne they're a fun roster to use.

Bretonnians
Bretonnians come from yet another source. This source being a fellow called Plasmoid famed for CRP+ (mentioned earlier) and NTBB (Near Tier BloodBowl). Plasmoid is your marmite of the BloodBowl community. You love him or hate him, you may not be indifferent.

NTBB is a typical case of Plasmoid (as an example). Here he tries to bring the different rosters to more of an equal footing; which goes against the core idea of the game set out by it's founder Jervis Johnson. In this day and age you may find that 'brilliant' or 'blasphemous' depending on your stance.

For BB2. Cyanide found and approached Plasmoid and have used some pieces of his work. A good part of the extra rules CRP+ and his Bretonnian roster. So again this roster comes from a totally different source than the other 2. It means they can't really be viewed equally. They're all experimental rosters that are allowed on some sites.

Again some NAF tournaments allow you to play this roster. You can also play it on Play by eMail, which Plasmoid runs or help runs.

Problems with the roster.
Again it's a fun little roster that doesn't try to be too competitive/top tier. This seems to be the norm (which is ok/probably the right idea) make new rosters a little underpowered. Again though like Khorne the problem is the portrayal. Personally this roster particularly frustrates me with how skills and access are portrayed.

Secret League
Secret League was created on this site for this site by a fellow called Garion. Originally he, me and another fellow called Zakatan created some rosters for when FUMBBL goes fully custom and can use custom rosters.

This meant creating teams, rosters, icons, backgrounds, portraits, fluff and tactics for rosters that could be added to a custom league of the future.

Garion took it a stage further though and captained the brilliant Secret League pages.....a lot of work I can tell you.

Garion did use Plasmoid's (at the time) Bretonnian roster. So that's what you see there. However this was done before the Khorne roster of Cyanide and Garion is not a fan of that roster either. So he made (maybe I helped I cannot remember) his own roster.

Personally I use my own rosters different still. I like the frenzy aspect of the Cyanide roster, but the roster has to have a special neg trait and proper deamon stats.

I have to say the icons (done by cowhead) for Khorne are fantastic. Using them with the team hellhound World Cup pitch is an amazing experience!

Full_Ork wrote:
The BB1 video game team, there's a pdf on this site that counts them with Sinyin and Bretonnia as unofficial teams, but it sounds like they were updated, I'm just trying to figure out there most recent rules. Same with Sinyin.

Cyanide didn't produce any rules for BB1. They used (strangely) the unofficial 'Icepelt rules'. These are the rules that were done by the BBRC, but not okayed by GW. The only place you can currently use the Khorne roster is with the NAF at unofficial tournaments. So they must have a guide on what Star Players can be used. Probably, Talk Fantasy Football (legal issue again) would be able to tell you.

Simyin, I'd go with FUMBBL. Again though it's used on TT so Talk Fantasy Football would also give you the answers.

I think the PDF you mention probably is outdated. I really can't think of the PDF you mention. It certainly wouldn't carry any weight with Simyin as it's not a race used by Cyanide. My guess FUMBBL is correct in Star Player use for this roster. However you could clarify all of these over on TFF. The designers of rosters do all visit here, just not as regularly as on TFF.

Last edited by harvestmouse on %b %24, %2016 - %12:%Feb; edited 2 times in total
zakatan

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2016 - 10:22 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
stuff

Shocked Well THAT is an answer

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2016 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Without wishing to get too involved, let's not overstate how many NAF tournaments allow house ruled rosters, including Khorne. I've been to 110 in over 10 countries (not of a mind to count right now) and never come across one. Indeed, I can only think of one that ever allowed anything outside of the 24 in the UK, and that was run by someone 'off grid' and there weren't too many attendees.

Khorne (and friends) are far, far more talked about than seen in the NAF wild. 'A lot' is overstating their use an awful, erm, lot. Use is rare and sporadic.
Full_Ork

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2016 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you guys for clearing that up. This has all been very informative.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2016 - 11:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:

Khorne (and friends) are far, far more talked about than seen in the NAF wild. 'A lot' is overstating their use an awful, erm, lot. Use is rare and sporadic.

This is true. Reviewing my wording, it isn't correct. However I was looking at it from a 'where you can use this roster' rather than 'legality of the roster' view point.

I will change my wording, so note I HAVE changed my wording with the Khorne roster/NAF tournies, so that Goo's post still makes sense.

zakatan wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:
stuff

Shocked Well THAT is an answer

Yeah.....it's one of those things to understand the answers given, you need to understand some other key points.

It comes up from time to time, so I thought I'd fully clarify. Easier in the long run I think.
sann0638

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2016 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
the new president is a fan I believe.

Meh. Playing them on tabletop this evening, but they're hard work!

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2016 - 11:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
Without wishing to get too involved, let's not overstate how many NAF tournaments allow house ruled rosters, including Khorne. I've been to 110 in over 10 countries (not of a mind to count right now) and never come across one. Indeed, I can only think of one that ever allowed anything outside of the 24 in the UK, and that was run by someone 'off grid' and there weren't too many attendees.

In spain last year there was a torney with both rosters (Khorne in tier 2 and Bretonia in tier 3 http://www.bloodbowlforo.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=16094&p=357868&hilit=khorne#p357868)

ChainBowl!

I don't know if there is more tournaments with those rosters, but I remember this one.

"Vice is a miscalculation in the pursuit of happiness"
(J. Bentham)
 Jump to: