43 coaches online • Server time: 11:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
vailimo

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2016 - 11:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Rescuing the Forest Folk team published in Blood Bowl Compendium (Blood Bowl 3rd edition):

-----------------------------------------------------
0-4 Gnome 40,000 6 2 3 7 Dogde, stunty, ride* :A : GSP

0-4 Centaur 100,000 7 4 3 8 Surehoofs (like surefeets) :GS : AP

0-12 Satyr 60,000 6 3 3 7 Horns, regenerate :G :SPA

0-1 Treeman 110,000 2 6 1 10 Mighty Blow, Thick Skull, Loner, Stand Firm, Throw TeamMate, Take Root :S: GAP

Re-rolls: 50,000 Gp each.

*Ride skill: The Gnome must be adjacent to the Centaur to mount. It costs 3 movements and may use going for it. If failed the Gnome will be placed proned in his square. Roll for Armour and Injury as normal and the team will suffer a turnover. If moving onto a Centaur requires a dodge roll you must take it as though the Centaurs square was a normal empty square. But you still will fall proned in your own square. A Gnome may not make a block or be blocked and has no tackle zone while on a Centaur. He may not assist or foul either. He may blitz or foul only if he dismounts before striking. He may pass, catch or hand off as normal. You may also handoff between Centaur and Gnome if you wish.Treat this as a normal hand off, just remember who has the ball. Instead of the Gnome climbing onto the Centaur, the Centaur may lift the Gnome onto his back at the cost of 3 of the Centaurs movements plus a further point for every opposing tackle zone the Gnome is standing in. You may not lift a prone Gnome. The Gnome would not have to make a dodge roll in this case, he is simply being hosited out of danger. The Centaur may use going for it squares. A Centaur is unaffected by a Gnome on his back and takes any action normally. He still retains his tackle zone. The ball carrier must have his feet in the endzone for a TD to count. If the Gnome has the ball then he must dismount or handoff the ball to the Centaur. You can only dismount into an empty square at a cost of 3 movements. The Centaur can't lift the Gnome off. e Gnome will have to make any dodge rolls to leave the Centaurs square if the Centaur is in an opposng tackle zone. The Centaur can be blocked as normal (even with the Gnome on board). If the Centaur is knocked over the Gnome will be thrown off. Scatter the Gnome once from the Centaurs square. The Gnome will remain on his feet o a d6 of 4+. Any Gnome thrown into a prone or standing player must be pushed back. You may aim a ZAP spell at the riding Gnome but if it misses it will also miss the Centaur. A Fireball or similiar explosion must be aimed at the Centaur then the Gnome. The Gnome would be thrown off as a result of the Centaur falling over. All players must be set up on their own feet before the kickoff. You may not start a drive mounted.

Star players

Forest folk teams may hire treemen starplayers

Maat centaur lord MA: 7 ST: 5 AG: 3 AV: 9 Skills: Block, stand firm, break tackle, sprint, surehoofs. Cost. 180,000 Gp (The gp must be reviewed for the BB 6.0 rules)

---------------------------------------------------
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2016 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

They look like fun. But why not give the gnomes right stuff, so the treeman can throw them?

Would it be overpowered to replace them with Fey Pixies with hypnotic gaze? Might suit the forest fluff better?

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2016 - 12:40
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Is this an actual published team then, or your own creation? Or your own interpretation of a team from back when? I don't remember them from the compendium.

Either way, I think they sound fun but are probably undercosted, and the Ride skill seems overcomplicated. If you're playing on the traditional lore I'd consider the following:

0+ Gnome 40,000 5 2 3 7 Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty, Thick Skull A/GSP
0-4 Centaur 120,000 7 4 2 8 Surefeet GS/AP
0-4 Satyr 60,000 6 3 3 7 Horns, Hypnotic Gaze G/ASP
0-1 Treeman 110,000 2 6 1 10 Mighty Blow, Thick Skull, Loner, Stand Firm, Throw Team Mate, Take Root S/GAP

Re-rolls: 60,000
Apo: Yes

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2016 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

No, this is the list as it appeared in the first Compendium. It was made by Matt Brown of Games Workshop. He also did the Dark Elf playbook among other things. Stuff like this was 'alternative' things you could use in the game. You get the feeling they needed to fill pages and staff provided their ideas.

Gnomes of traditional GW lore actually would be pretty powerful. I play my own roster of Gnomes, they're kinda silly but do very well.

I have them as 6 3 3 7 Thick Skull, Stunty, 'illusion' S/GAP
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2016 - 15:30
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I had the compendium (if it's the one I'm thinking of, with the large scale player holding the BB Cup on the cover). Best BB book I ever owned. First ever iteration of the Big Guy rules and the ally rules. Plus other fun like custom team wizards and stadiums. The playable ref rules. We had a lot of fun with it Smile

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2016 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
I had the compendium (if it's the one I'm thinking of, with the large scale player holding the BB Cup on the cover)

That is indeed Compendium 1. Compendium 2 had Griff on the front and 3 had........a Wardancer or some Elves.......I think.
vailimo

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2016 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
Is this an actual published team then, or your own creation? Or your own interpretation of a team from back when? I don't remember them from the compendium.

It's an actual published team, from BB Compendium. As it was published there.The only change i made is to replace the treeman's "Big Guy" skill with the loner skill Smile.

The ride skill was included in the team list too.
Bakunin

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2018 - 02:28 Reply with quote Back to top

This is how i would do it: Image
 Jump to: