45 coaches online • Server time: 15:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2016 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW wrote:
Two reasons from me. I won 3 elf majors in lrb4 and none in crp.

Thanks for your input, Pete. It's great to hear from someone who has won majors with elves prior to CRP.

PeteW wrote:
1. Spiralling expenses and winnings. It used to be easy to make money if you won a lot of games as you would have a big fan factor. Now, elven teams find it tough to amass a large reserve to replace players. Even with journeymen, starting with 11 doesn't compare to having 14 on your roster.

Interesting point. I was sort of coming at it from the other direction, thinking that with journeymen, 11 players is better than 6/7. But, as you say, previously, it was easier for elven teams to build up a war chest before the tourney, so they could replace mngs and consistently field >11 players (and have a bench).

PeteW wrote:
2. Inducements. I hate inducements. The old handicap system was better, as it helped, but didn't lift an underdog to an overdog. In lrb4 you could save a big war chest and buy a wizzie every game. It is not realistic in crp.

Again, I think I was coming at it from the other direction - that in CRP, an elf team that is down 200-300k in TV is now better off than they were. BUT, considering the flipside of an elf team that is highly pimped (let's say at 2500TV), now all their opponents are getting wizard, chainsaw, bribes, master chef, etc. Previously, a highly pimped elf team could have 500k on their opponent; a bench of 4 players; natural one-turner; plus a wizard themselves, and all the opponent would get is a handful of questionably useful handicaps! Smile

So, perhaps part of it is that in CRP, we have more of a level playing field (35% wins seems fairly high)? Also, perhaps the 'optimum' build for elven teams to win a major has now changed? Perhaps they need to be leaner and more efficient?

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
 Jump to: