16 coaches online • Server time: 06:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mdd31

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2016 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

thoralf wrote:

I think it's possible to imagine cases where disregarding the ball completely can't be considered a "play-style" anymore.

I am still new to fumbbl but I have never seen anyone completely disregard the ball 100%. Even if you were a Cpomb monster who only wanted to kill, you still need to hold onto the ball to prevent the other team from scoring in order to create more opportunities to get CAS.

But in the end I think people should be able to play however they want. Its a game, everyone needs to just chill out and let people enjoy it however they want to enjoy it as long as they are not hacking the client or something like that.
Throweck

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2016 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

mdd31 wrote:
thoralf wrote:

I think it's possible to imagine cases where disregarding the ball completely can't be considered a "play-style" anymore.

But in the end I think people should be able to play however they want. Its a game, everyone needs to just chill out and let people enjoy it however they want to enjoy it as long as they are not hacking the client or something like that.

I agree, people should be able to play however they want.

However, when that impacts on the opponents fun (I'm not talking about people who don't want their players to get smooshed but real fun), that's 90 minutes they won't get back.

Thank you to all who have responded. My thoughts on this are many in a sense but I will try to summarise as best I can.

We all play for different reasons. Some we may understand, some we may not. I do believe that the majority of us who play in the box want to see it thrive. A good fumbbl friend of mine (akaRenton) uses an old adage which I think encapsulates my summary...

'Don't be a dick!'

I think it's fair to see through the vast and varied mindsets of the box that this would work as a joint mindset.

We hold court well in the box and of course, every good court has it's Jesters Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2016 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
There was a Blackbox before I arrived? Sounds like old wives tales.

The old wives still tell the children of the dark days of the box.

When the Box was located outside the city walls of Khemri city, the box was riddled with Khemri teams, when they still had 4 mummies and 10 players with Dirty Player. The pitch was littered with the dead, they would rise each night and keep feeding the Khemri monster.

Until all that was left was Khemri skeletons. The masses cried out in agony and pain!!! they demanded a revamp of the TS system to smite the evil skeletons but it was all for naught. The power of Regen/Mummies and DP was to great.

All that remains of the Box V 1.0 is a desert pitch, void and desolate. Some times when the mist over the pitch thins you can still see a horde of DP skeletons, standing, waiting and longing for the days when they can once again reign supreme above TV 1400 and over 30 matches played.

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2016 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Throweck wrote:

Don't be a dick!

Words to live by right there! Maybe this can become the official Fumbbl motto! Smile
kilinrax

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2016 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

DeathJester74 wrote:
keggiemckill wrote:
You only play this way, because its the only way you can justify being so horrible on offence. No offence...... Pun intended! XD

I have shredded your team so many times I have lost track, you are no match for me as I have proven time and time again!

Apologies for the troll feeding / necromancy, guys, but which matches are you referring to, DJ? I honestly can't tell whether you believe your own attempts at smack talk.

Either way, whilst I think it's one thing to play the game to deliberately damage your opponents team (the one time you played me, you complained that I was only letting you kill my loners), it's another to evangelise this style of play on the forums, particularly to newcomers.
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2016 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

kilinrax wrote:
DeathJester74 wrote:
keggiemckill wrote:
You only play this way, because its the only way you can justify being so horrible on offence. No offence...... Pun intended! XD

I have shredded your team so many times I have lost track, you are no match for me as I have proven time and time again!

Apologies for the troll feeding / necromancy, guys, but which matches are you referring to, DJ? I honestly can't tell whether you believe your own attempts at smack talk.

Either way, whilst I think it's one thing to play the game to deliberately damage your opponents team (the one time you played me, you complained that I was only letting you kill my loners), it's another to evangelize this style of play on the forums, particularly to newcomers.

Because of DJ's lack of Fumbbl donations, he loses a lot. The real treasure with DJ is the banter back and forth. I think its hilarious, because I am very like minded during the game. I like to joke around and have fun with my opponent. If one side is quiet it becomes a video game more than a board game. I like playing this board game. Fumbbl gives us a chance to play a bunch of games in a short amount of time. I imagine people will play the same styles in real life as they would here.

Jeffro
DeathJester74

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2016 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

keggiemckill wrote:

Because of DJ's lack of Fumbbl donations, he loses a lot.

Finally someone in authority admitting to what I have always known to be true!!! It is time to pull back the curtain and expose these people for what they are!
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2016 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

DeathJester74 wrote:
keggiemckill wrote:

Finally someone in authority admitting to what I have always known to be true!!!

I can also confirm out of experience and well developed gut feeling that success is tied to donations.
kilinrax

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2016 - 12:33 Reply with quote Back to top

DeathJester74 wrote:
keggiemckill wrote:

Finally someone in authority admitting to what I have always known to be true!!! It is time to pull back the curtain and expose these people for what they are!

Okay you've won me round DJ, your theorising is brilliant Very Happy More more more!
 Jump to: