60 coaches online • Server time: 20:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is playing for a tie sissy?
Yes
26%
 26%  [ 46 ]
No
73%
 73%  [ 125 ]
Total Votes : 171

CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2005 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

How about fouling T16 when you've already won? Twisted Evil

p.s. is it inevitable that nearly every tactic-based thread ends up being about fouling? It's like the failed apoth of threads I guess:

(1) Topicpothecary has failed! Your Thread is now about Fouling.

Laughing
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2005 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

It´s because lots of people respond with fouling, when they face a tactic they can´t cope with.
PhilMan

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2005 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

...or if they just get bored and want to see how many times they can make the opposing coach swear...not that i've ever done that...ahem...*whistles innocently*

"Best Bar in This Street"
DoubleSkulls

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2005 - 00:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Embarassed Okay so T16 fouling is petty revenge, and doesn't make the game more enjoyable for either player. I'll slap my own wrists. Don't do it again you naughty boy Laughing

However it really was borne from frustration of seeing such a negative approach to the game. I reckon my opponent probably had about a 50/50 chance of getting a winner (he might have not considered the chance so high, but he could theoretically score without GFIs and without leaving the ball carrier unprotected too).

The defeatism that is inherent in such an approach I don't understand. Its a game, not RL.

Its not about the odds of victory or defeat - its about risk/reward ratios. The advantages of winning are greater than the disadvantage of losing (-1 on FF, vs +1 on FF & +1 winnings, also faction games have a 3:1 ratio of scores too) so play should reflect that.

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2005 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Well put.

Jeffro
 Jump to: