15 coaches online • Server time: 03:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How much is removing a negatrait worth?
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
29%
 29%  [ 19 ]
17%
 17%  [ 11 ]
23%
 23%  [ 15 ]
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
an apple pie
20%
 20%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 64

Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2016 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh right, yeah in different rules it might be fine. What else are you running with for that for player attrition? Removing MB from selection would I think lead to too many players making it to legend. That could be where I decide if it is worth to me changing that to make the big guys more viable.

DLE College 7s
fidius

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2016 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Matthueycamo wrote:
Oh right, yeah in different rules it might be fine. What else are you running with for that for player attrition? Removing MB from selection would I think lead to too many players making it to legend. That could be where I decide if it is worth to me changing that to make the big guys more viable.

I'll do a forum post or a blog one of these days (when it doesn't just add to the constant alt-rules noise) but for now I'd rather not hijack Zak's thread any further.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2016 - 02:41 Reply with quote Back to top

fidius wrote:

o a Piling On that becomes more effective with higher Strength (as a proxy for weight).

Well the ST5 to 'use' Pile On was originally my idea (I think), so I'm all for this. I don't think the skill should be removed totally, and it's good to have things that stop the BB world from becoming overpopulated.

It could be that say........for example the old PO is for regular players (as it has good synergy with jump up) and the current one for big guys/ST (also frenzy for me (momemtum)).
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2016 - 21:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I don't think big guys should have negatraits. An ogre is 140k, that's 20k higher than a wardancer. His effectiveness on the board should reflect this.

Big guys should basically be the "Queen" (chess reference) on your team roster. This is the "boulder" in your marble stash.

but i guess the anti-big guy crowd of 3rd ed still gets a say.

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2016 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree that big guys' effectiveness on the board should reflect their cost, and that they should be used more -but I very much like the way they work currently, so I would just suggest lowering the prices to hire them, to make them more attractive.

They're very fun both to field and face as it is, just not quite worth it to many teams.
 Jump to: