61 coaches online • Server time: 20:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
I can has skill-burger?
Guard - You'll never regret it, until he dies
48%
 48%  [ 12 ]
Mighty Blow - Speed can kill
28%
 28%  [ 7 ]
Diving Tackle - You'll never get away with this
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Shadowing - You thought you could escape me?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Fend - Stay boy, good boy
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
Pie - The Cake is a Lie
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 25

Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: May 04, 2016 - 08:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Godfrey Flamefoot is currently a very real one turn threat for his team, though he's also quite the annoyance on defense. So far, he's the fastest member of his team with MA8, and a great sweeper/ball marker with dodge and Side Step.

The rest of his team feels a little bloaty at times, but they have a good solid core, and are well rounded enough to enjoy in spite of it.

There are really only 5 skills I'm considering.

Guard: It would pay off well with dodge and side-step, and with MA8 he could get almost anywhere I need a guard. He'd be the 4th guard on the team, and you can never have too much.

Mighty Blow: Of course, with MA8 and Dauntless, he will be making blitzes. He's only 1SPP away from his next skill, which would probably default to Tackle if I go this route. It would indeed make him a better sweeper on defense.

Diving Tackle: Ignore the double and make him pair better with my other Runner, who currently has dodge, side-step, diving tackle, and tackle. That is about as annoying a skill set as a player can have for marking the ball carrier. Going this route would make it a lot harder for teams to re-position away from my runners, especially if they have guard support.

Shadowing: Ignore the borked up Shadowing/Side-Step bug for a moment (I'm well aware and know how to NOT activate it). Suddenly, you not only can't push my runner off a ball carrier with ease, now you can't even escape from his tacklezone. MA8 makes this a viable skill, and it would then pair well with Diving Tackle at 76 SPP. If nothing else, it'd give me a more unique player.

Fend: Not only can I now choose where I am moved, but I can now deny any kind of follow up on a block. Often, this would leave me a completely unmarked MA8 annoyance to re-position as I see fit on my next turn. The alternative is to expend 2 or more pieces to attempt to lock my Runner down.
coombz

Post   Posted: May 04, 2016 - 08:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I quite like the idea of Mighty Blow and eventually (if Nuffle wills it) Tackle

1) you're a bash team

2) all that MA is good to get your hits where they need to be

3) Dauntless is nice for getting a shot at those annoying +ST ball carriers

otherwise I guess I'd be looking at SH, if he's your dedicated carrier? ;o

That's Trailer Park Life.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: May 04, 2016 - 08:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Noise are always short on Guard.
bghandras

Post   Posted: May 04, 2016 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Probably leader. This one has Niggle, and the other runner will mark ballcarriers. 2nd marker is redundant mostly. Guard would be good, but not on a niggler.

Post   Posted: May 04, 2016 - 12:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard on an AV7 niggle? DT/shadowing on AV7 niggle? U MAD BRO!

I would love you to mark one of my players with him and get him in the scrum, great chance to go a man up. Obviously fair enough if you take the skills before the niggle but not after. Leader is a decent shout as is SH but out of the ones you mentioned fend. Great if he has the ball, great if he is blitzed to make sure he does not get locked down. You have plenty of better blitzing candidates in general already with MB and or frenzy and or ST4 and with a niggle a scrum is not the best place for him.

So Fend out of those you listed, but if you are open to others Leader and sure hands are pretty good shouts too.

DLE College 7s
jarvis_pants

Post   Posted: May 04, 2016 - 13:09
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

guard... but really sure hands

Post   Posted: May 04, 2016 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

It feels like he should be a ball carrier, so Sure Hands. But you have a Thrower with SH, which suggests that either the thrower carries, or that you want to hand-off/pass from the thrower to this guy?

If the former, then DT or Guard, though neither seems ideal for such a fragile player. If the latter then Fend.

Post   Posted: May 04, 2016 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

guard guard guard. Can't get enough on Norse. creates an all important pivot point for frenzy.

Post   Posted: May 04, 2016 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard is for dead men on a Norse team, they die like flies.

If you want to really 1-turn, ignore the double and take Sprint and Sure Feet.

If you're serious about using him as a primary Blitzer then Mighty Blow and Tackle.

Tackle also works better with the SS/DT you're lining up for later, though a bunch of those heavy teams won't be bothering to dodge out until turn 8, and then they can probably set up a push to clear you anyway because all your friends are dead already. Such is Norse.