66 coaches online • Server time: 21:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What would you pick?
Mighty Blow
15%
 15%  [ 10 ]
Side Step
11%
 11%  [ 7 ]
Guard
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Sure Hands
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Tackle
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Juggernaut
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sure Feet
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Leap!!!
60%
 60%  [ 38 ]
Pro
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Catch
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Diving Tackle
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Jump Up
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Other (please specify)
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 63

radge

Post   Posted: May 04, 2016 - 11:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I promised myself ages ago to stop posting things like this on the forum, but I just had to involve the community in this skill choice.

Lule, who plays in the bash heavy Swedish league, has faced plenty of clawpombing Chaos and Nurgle, hard hitting Undead and Orcs, and somehow survived despite not having blodge until hitting 76 SPP.

After +AG, +AG, +ST, Block and Dodge it's now time to decide her final skill. Not a stat increase this time, but a double!

What's your opinion? As always, I am very interested in reading the motivation behind your choice in the comments.

Last edited by radge on %b %04, %2016 - %12:%May; edited 1 time in total
CroixFer

Post   Posted: May 04, 2016 - 12:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Undoubtly for me: leap. He will be a menace anywhere and cage breaker.
jdm

Post   Posted: May 04, 2016 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I normally like Sneaky Gut as a legend choice, but I think in this case it's gotta be leap!

Post   Posted: May 04, 2016 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

A stat freak like that needs leap. With ST4 and frenzy on top you'll get a very decent chance of knocking the ball free.

And remember, you don't need to leap every turn. The menace is often enough for your opponent to position differently, which may create other opportunities for the rest of your team too.
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: May 04, 2016 - 12:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Very unglamorous but I would go with SS. MB if you want to hit harder but as the main ball carrier I think SS is better. Tackle would be decent as well to make a good sweeper.

Leap is just asking for a early death from the gangfoul really. Yeah he looks more sexy in the short term but how sexy is it being six feet under?

DLE College 7s
Fortis

Post   Posted: May 04, 2016 - 12:40 Reply with quote Back to top

If you enjoy rolling dice, take leap. If you're boring take SS or MB.

You can win games with S4AG5 leap that you just can't without. No other skill choice does that quite as hard.
bghandras

Post   Posted: May 04, 2016 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I think leap has merits, but i would consider juggernaut, too. Also i think this is a rare case, when stand firm could be significally better than side step.

Post   Posted: May 04, 2016 - 14:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I would pick leap too. Ag 5 makes it +2 so failing happens rarely. Also your wolf is basically scarier version of Wooddancer.

I'm bit surprised that your team doesn't have grab and KICK! Next zombie level up must be kick (unless double).. wouldn't put that on wolf tho'. Grab might be useful on Flesh Golem or wight.. also wouldn't use grab for wolf because of frenzy (altho' it might help with getting multiple dices on blocks and avoid putting you in scrimmages you don't want to go.. might also help with 1 turn td-attempts because you don't need to blitz or you have 2nd plan if either blitz or grab fails).

Still:

1st choice for this wolf would be leap. If that doesn't interest you then MB (because you only have 1 already and 2nd is needed at some point).
Uedder

Post   Posted: May 04, 2016 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Wolfdancer 4 life! Take leap.

Tackle, MB, Juggs, SS, even guard... all good choices, but none as gamechanging as leap on a st4 ag5.

Edit:
@kummo you can't take grab on frenzy players. Reading the rules is OP. Smile
deyempe

Post   Posted: May 04, 2016 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

pie
thoralf

Post   Posted: May 04, 2016 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Leap without Sidestep is asking for trouble.

I'd take either Sidestep of Mighty Blow.
awambawamb

Post   Posted: May 04, 2016 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

if I'd have a Mv8 St4 Ag5 blodge hitter to skill up and I was to pass over leap, I could consider taking a pause from FUMBBL and join some humanitarian misión in Amazonia for a while.

Verminardo

Post   Posted: May 04, 2016 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

This is a really tough choice, so many skills would be awesome on her, Tackle, Side Step, Sure Hands, Juggs... don't discount MB either, Claw MB ST4 is powerful and your other Wolf doesn't have a double yet. Half as good without Tackle though. And AG5 calls for Leap.
mdd31

Post   Posted: May 04, 2016 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I think leap would be fun and result in some exciting plays but I also think it would be a fast track to the grave. High risk high reward I guess!
radge

Post   Posted: May 05, 2016 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

High risk high reward indeed! I think the main pros with leap would not be the extra scoring opportunities, as she is already extremely hard to stop when she's within touchdown distance, but rather making my opponent fear getting crowdsurfed in so many more ways.

Failing a leap will of course be very dangerous, with armour rolls both when she hits the ground and when she gets gang fouled during my opponents turn.

I love blodge+sidestep, but Side Step is only used when being hit, and I don't intend to put her in harms ways too much if I can avoid it.

Tackle is a fine skill, but the league is bash heavy = not so much dodge. Also, it's a skill that the other players just as easily can get.

Juggernaut is nice for surfing and for hitting wrestlers, but maybe not as useful as some other skills.

Sure Feet is also nice - giving her further reach. Still not wise pushing her luck the whole time though - it will fail now and then.

Sure Hands - nice for saving rerolls, and protection against strip ball. Also nice for picking up the ball in tackle zones.

Mighty Blow - combines very well with frenzy and claws. She uses a lot of hit 'n' run tactics and that would suit her fine.
 Jump to: