23 coaches online • Server time: 06:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Who is teh sexiest OBBA star?
The Duke
49%
 49%  [ 26 ]
The Duke
50%
 50%  [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 53

FTJUK

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2016 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi

Looking to play a couple of pre-season friendly's with new Slann team Anura Athletic. Please PM me if interested.

FT
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2016 - 09:38 Reply with quote Back to top

From the dawn of time we came. Wandering down through the ages to lift the Premiership Title ... then we found an Inn and celebrated for a long, long, long time ... until the Ale ran out.

However, now we are back and Fulham Titans are ready to take to the field once more, so see you on the pitch!
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2016 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

OBBA News Update:

OBBA Cup Final is set to take place on Friday 29th April at 10pm server time.

The match sees Wotfudboy's Watford Hornhits chaos dwarf team take on Meanandugl's Barmbek Bloodletic dark elf team.

Preview: This commentator sees the match stacked in coach Wotfudboy's favour... however, there is a significant threat to what many perceive as a forgone conclusion: Meanandugl's team will have 350k of inducements and 2 x Ag5 players that could make a mockery of the chaos dwarf defence with the right Kick off rolls. A good wizard zap and dirty elven leap play could seriously threaten the result.

Should be a good one!

See you there.

<End of update>

Post   Posted: May 07, 2016 - 01:13 Reply with quote Back to top

RIP Lucas Leiva. The boy done good. For a converted scouser.

Candidate for the hall of fame perhaps?
Awards at time of death:
All-Time Oldest League Nurgle player
All-Time Most Blocking League Nurgle player
All-Time Most MVPs from League Nurgle player

PS: What happened to the OBBA Fluff thread ? It doesn't seem to be linked on the main group page any more.

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2016 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Is the season 25 badge ready yet? Just updating the Ragers' fluff after their glorious Championship win.

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2016 - 11:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, it has been posted in one of the pms. I have uploaded it to my gallery, you can copy it from there.

Thunder and lightning heading your way
m0gw41

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2016 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks b4nshee!

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2016 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

“Season 26 - Championship - Round 1

The match started with a kick of Hajduk. Drazen Muzinic take an affort to hit deep into Bury'ds zone, hoping that a misshanding at the pick would bring some additional run-down-time to the clock. The kick was great landing in the TD zones, but the elflike ghoul handeled the ball (also during the complete game) very good.

First hits were given and sold to Hajduk, so that Bury'd outnumbert Blitz quite fast at some positions. Well, but that's what elves are used to. Taking the action point Hlevnjak sacked Danny and opend the possibity for Aljosa to show what a true legend do.

Never the less the position was not easy to hold and David proved the he "was" a Nigerian national player! First sacking Asanovic and then tackling him before he could leave the TZ and pass to the score-ready Hlevnjak.

Danny took the oppurtunity to show again his quality and even Ivan Perisic tried to stop him heroicly, this time he wasn't stopable! LEAD by 1 for Bury'd. Just one round left, but for Hajduk a big one. Killy (kileld by Perisic, who was later killed also) and Page were taken out.

Second half, Hajduk is attacking, a good kick lenghts by Bury'd kicker, but high kick event. Blitz got some preasure and had to score to early by Perisic. That given Bury'd the best chance for the winning score!

Kicker out and just few players left at Hajduk's side, Bury'd decided to run down their left wing. Danny driving again the ball deep int Hajduk zone with a good ball handling but Baka (Blaz Sliskovic) used the small space for a stong hit (1d Blitz vs Blodge w/o takle) and succed. The ball scatter into the audiance and afterwards nearby the "King of Air". Aljosa proved again his great capabilities to prepare the final punch and passed a long bomb to Perisic, giving him the possibility for the second TD.

Guess, Peri left alone (blodge, and the only tackler far away) and Hajduk's manager belived in moment, but Bury'D showed real spirit and stoped him by killing him. Again Hlevnjak showed what Hajduk's player learn from theri small.

NEVER EVER GIVE UP.

As Aljosa, this time not passing but blocking, free Ivica by a nice crowd hit and gave him the opportunity to score for the winner!

Last but not least Bury'd had their small chance to eglize with OTT, but they we short by just one square.

As a resume: It was a tense game with bloody inpacts. Hajduk and Bury'd lost 2 players. At leats Bury'd was able to recute Josip Skoko (Blodge lino).

Wishing to Ady very best and good luck to this team.

For me the man of the match was Hlevjnak. Perisic scored a TD made a kill but was also killed.

Remarkable note: Raundig made his 4th kill in the past 5 games.

DeZigma
p.s.: Great game and fun with Ady (as always)

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2016 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

“Hello sportsfans, welcome to our pregame show for tonights OBBA match. This is Bob Bifford and besides me sits Jim Johnson.”

“Howdy Bob! Which matchup do we have tonight?”

“Well, Jim, it’s one of the classic matches between Borussia Orcmund and current league 1 leader Blijdorp Rotterdam. Although it’s only the third season in OBBA for both teams they’ll meet for the fourth time tonight”

“Yes Bob, they seem to like each other! Let me have a short look at their previous games before we start on tonights game.”

“Go on, Jim.”

“Their first meet was last season the 2nd round game in league 2. Although Orcmund had a promising start with star tackle Okay Gündogan sacking Rotterdam’s Dirk Kuijt who couldn’t hold his grip on the ball and it bounced into the crowd. The longer the match lasted the better the Apes’ blocks were and it seemed the Orcs hat some oil under their boots – they just couldn’t stand it!”

“Hahaha – Jim, I always love that joke. Indeed it was amazing how easy Rotterdam brought their opponents to the ground. In the end it was a 2-0 victory for them. I can still remember Klopporc, the Orcmunds’ coach, saying after the match something like: “We wunt forg’ dis. We rememb’ an’ dan we take revenge!” before starting to stomp at his assistant coaches.”

“Yeah, that was indeed funny. And Klopporc was right – their second meet was in the League Cup after season 25. And what a match was this! The Orcs hired Ripper just before the game started and truly took revenge with lots of hard hits. Swan Bender, one of Orcmunds well known blitzer squad, KOed van Persie right on the line of scrimmage. And from then on it became ugly. With a team effort Bender and young blitzing sensation Mickeysomething pushed gorilla de Goey into the crowds. He was beaten up by the frenzied fans so badly that he couldn’t return to the game and even couldn’t attend to Rotterdam’s next game. Only seconds later hard hitting blitzer Marco Fyke knocked out mad Bonaventue Kalou. And Black Orc Durmb sealed the deal by bringing down the strong muscled Bonobo Cruz. The doc rushed onto the field but could do nothing about the smashed ankle.”

“And from then on the game was pretty much decided, Jim. Later on during half one sure handed van Bronckhorst got pushed into the crowds by Black Orc Sahin and was stomped upon. He also had to take a short break from all team activities. In second half the spectators could watch a wonderful block from rookie Sokratis against van Persie that placed him at the doctor’s for the rest of the game. Finally it was the promised revenge with a 2-0 victory for the Orcs, Bob.”

“Thank you Bob. The last meeting was in a preseason friendly match. It wasn’t broadcastet by the Necromancer’s Broadcasting Circle Cabalvision Guild but according to rumours both coaches ordered their teams not to be too harsh and use the game to test some new passing and running plays instead of smashing their oponents. The match report says it was a 2-1 victory for the Orcs with no special events. And that’s enough of the two teams’ history so far. Bob, what can we expect from tonights match?”

“Well, Jim, I’ll just take a look on both teams’ lineups. We start with Borussia Orcmund. After reaching the play offs during League Cup 25 the Orcs started season 26 with a bad performance against Rotterdam’s racial twins, the apes of Paris Simyin Gang, losing 1-3 and getting beaten up badly. Their second match was against High Elf C Utrecht. They presented themselves in a much better shape managing a 2-1 victory. The game tonight will show whether Orcmund’s path leads upwards or downwards.”

“So it is an important match for them, Bob?”

“Yes, Jim, it is. According to reports all Orcs are able to attend the game. They will be led onto the field by their team captain Maurice Leader, a large Orc with an uncanny ability for the short passes. In only 25 games he managed 32 completions.”

“That’s a lot for an Orc, isn’t it?”

“You bet, Jim! The second star on the team is young running sensation Henry Mickeysomething. His average of 9 rushing yards per game and 12 touchdowns in only 18 games clearly show his outstanding talent and I am sure we will see lots of spectacular performances from him. Only last game he scored twice, got assigned one CAS and got the much deserved MVP trophy. The rest of the team has it’s strength in its teamplay. I am just curious if Willowchopper can catch up with Bumblebees, Bender, and Fyke on CAS…”

“Yeah Bob, that will be interesting to watch. Now lets go to the Orcs’ opponents of tonights match, the apes of Blijdorp Rotterdam. So far they are a bit the sensation of the season! With the expected win over newcomers from Abberdeen - they won 2-1 – and the sensational win over until-then unbeaten 1860 München the are looking down on their opponents from League 1’s top position. Similar to Orcmund their team does not form around one or two starplayers but they have most players well developed and evolved a good team play. Interestingly their top Blocker is not Bokito, the team’s Silverback, but Bonaventure Kalou, a Bonobo that has that certain thing you need for playing Blood Bowl…”

“That are nice words, Jim! Others would call him a dangerous lunatic – which is a much higher praise in terms of this sport!”

“Thank you, Bob. Well, apart from Bokito and Kalou fans will have to watch out for the devastating blocks of Ove Kindvall, another Bonobo with a knack for bloody messes on the pitch. Sadly, Rotterdam will be playing without Gorilla van Hanegem and Bonobo J.R. Cruz. Both are still recovering from their injuries.”

“So what do you think this match will bring us, Jim?”

“Well, you never know when two teams are entering the astrogranite, do you, Bob? Both teams are having similar strengths and weaknesses. Both bring some very strong players to the pitch while both teams are on the slower side of things – to put it nicely. The Orcs having thicker armour and more experience in the blocking play, while Rotterdam are just a tad more apt on the bloody side of things.”

“I’ve heard Dirk Kuijt is well know for some dirty fouls, Jim.”

“You have heard right, Bob. Well, all in all I am pretty sure we’ll see a bloody game with lots of midfield brawls, broken limbs and not enough apos on both teams – in other words: It will be a game to watch!”

“And I heard some fans were preparing to bring some rocks with them to the stadium – but that are only rumours and you should not take them too serious.”

“Really? Well, I wouldn’t bring my children to the match tonight, Bob. Another rumour I heard was that both teams were negotiating about prearranging the game – but I am sure that’s also just a rumour! Last thing to say: The match will start around 21:45 tonight and we all hope for a sold out house. I am Jim Johnson…”

“… and I am Bob Biford...”

“… for NBCCG. See you all tonight on our live match between Borussia Orcmund and Blijdorp Rotterdam.”

Thunder and lightning heading your way
DeZigma

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2016 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

You missed a GAME

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2016 - 01:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, jesus --- THIS was unexpected!

https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=3842723

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2016 - 04:14 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
Well, jesus --- THIS was unexpected!

https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=3842723

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

(though I shouldn't admit it, but my dorfs lost to goblins once. the shame)

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2016 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

So....guess who's single?
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2016 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Chewie wrote:
So....guess who's single?

commiserations! and welcome backs! Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2016 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I shudder to think how much fumbbl I would play if I became single...

Welcome back to the carnage!