24 coaches online • Server time: 01:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DustBunny

Post   Posted: May 18, 2016 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

m0gw41 wrote:
Tactical concession? We wouldn't stand for those types of shenanigans in the SSL. You Northerners must be a bunch of wussies.

Yeah Pythrr. Turn in your antipodean card ya Bugger!

[13:11] <;@Prinz> i can't ban bunny for being funny
Kharon

Post   Posted: May 19, 2016 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

"Good show, that last one! And the one before that. You're getting the hang of this thing, aren't you?"
"Yes chief."
"And what a thriller that last round will be! Four teams have a shot at the division title! Betting is going on hotter than ever! Everyone's in with all they got, the bookies' offices are filled with coinage, furs, weapons and slaves!"
"Well, it's gonna be tricky to guess the outcome. We have a tough one to face. Those undead come literally in hordes, they have to pile their zombies to fit them in the locker room."
"And that is exactly why we hired some help!"
"I know chief, I paid the lad myself after the last match. Promising young man."
"What? Who? No, not the lineman you idiot! I'm talking about the tree! Oskarr finally agreed to sell it to me, so he is available for you in the next match!"
"What? Why? I thought I told you that we don't need him! We use fast speed-based plays, he is slower than anything out there!"
"Because I want to see him kill something. I bought him for you, and I want to see him play. You will field him against the Draugr. End of discussion."
Kharon

Post   Posted: May 19, 2016 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

...aaand as balle won against the Valkyries the group of prospective winners in our conference narrows down to two.
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: May 19, 2016 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I've already predicted you to win that division Kharon. Don't let me down (and don't listen to those who claim my predictions to be curses)

Post   Posted: May 19, 2016 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Great Shraaaag, thanks! (Like I needed an extra burden like a curse to weigh in on me at that game.)
awambawamb

Post   Posted: May 19, 2016 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
I tactically conceeded

YOU?
TACTICAL CONCESSION?
I stopped throwing the sponge after looking at some crazy plays by BillBrasky, Calcium, PainState... and you among many others.

I might need to check if that0s a sign of the end of the world

Balle2000

Post   Posted: May 23, 2016 - 08:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Small update from NSL longhouse headquarters.
- the humans have finally managed to find their way to the goblin lair in trollheim, and their round4 game will be played tonight
- expect an end of the regular season update dealing with a couple of issue that arose during the season
- there will also be some tweaks on the Norscan rules for next season

(Oilers coach is also looking forward to the Trees vs Zombie brawl)
knightsweats

Post   Posted: May 23, 2016 - 21:44 Reply with quote Back to top

The Order of the Snow King 1-1 Graelings Philosophers

The final game of the season for The Order was against a familiar foe, the fearsome thinkers known as Graelings Philosophers. The two teams were meeting for the third time in three seasons but on this occasion The Order was bringing a league-leading six perms.

The Ogres opted to receive, forcing The Order to put three nigglers on the line. The Philosophers were so excited by the prospect of all those tempting targets that half the team immediately suffered from paralysing boner rolls. Those were pretty much the last boners of the game though as they quickly gathered themselves, and the ball, and began to move up the middle of the field. A fortunate one die led to the ball being sprung loose, but it was easily recovered. After it was sprung loose a second time both offence and defence were in disarray and it was in Nuffle's hands as to which endzone might see the pig bladder.

In the end it was neither. Four consecutive turns without a single boner put paid to any hopes of a defensive score, while the frequent cracking of snotling limbs stopped any forward progress by the Philosophers.
Five Philosophers and four of their little green teaching assistants came out after halftime to kick-off to a full complement of dwarves. When one of each left the pitch in the first couple of turns some holes began to open up in the ogre defence. The Philosophers attempted to plug the gaps by literally throwing snots at them, but to no avail. Finally a break-tackler got near the ball but The Order was able to negotiate it safely over the line.

After the Philosophers had readied themselves for a turn 16 flying snot equaliser the crowd awarded them an extra turn and an errant hobgob foot awarded them ball in hand. After that it was a trivial endeavour for the ogres to throw the snot and have it dodge in for the score.

9 boners out of 73 rolls - the Philosophers displayed their education as they took The Order to school.

A disappointing end to a disappointing season. The Order was outplayed and out-cas'd almost every game.
Time to turn the page on Season Three and begin to plan for Season Four.
Kharon

Post   Posted: May 24, 2016 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Vinnskor Storm vs. Durfang Draugr is scheduled on next Saturday (28th). Exact time will be announced later.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: May 26, 2016 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Image Image

With two days left of the season, we already have two champions in the coastal divisions.

The chaotic pact which was formed has reached fulfillment as the Frostheim Ravagers won the Frozen Sea division in their 2nd full season.

And then there is the Dragonfolk from the southern outpost of Skeggi who went and won the Sea of Chaos division in their virgin season. Impressive.

Possible tie-breakers mean they will be joined in the finals by either Wood Elves or Pro Elves from the Claw Coast; and either Slann or Humans from the Kraken Coast.

So we could potentially have 4 first time winners this season. Which suggests the league is well contested.

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
tmoila

Post   Posted: May 26, 2016 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Kraken Sea division decider final round match:
Scheduled to play at 2016-05-27 14:00 BBtime!

Winter Sammakko
Slann

versus

Sacrifices to Khorne
Humans

Post   Posted: May 26, 2016 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
Image Image

With two days left of the season, we already have two champions in the coastal divisions.

The chaotic pact which was formed has reached fulfillment as the Frostheim Ravagers won the Frozen Sea division in their 2nd full season.

And then there is the Dragonfolk from the southern outpost of Skeggi who went and won the Sea of Chaos division in their virgin season. Impressive.

Possible tie-breakers mean they will be joined in the finals by either Wood Elves or Pro Elves from the Claw Coast; and either Slann or Humans from the Kraken Coast.

So we could potentially have 4 first time winners this season. Which suggests the league is well contested.

and it's especially nice to see the diversity of races winning the divisions.

congrats to the lizardmen and the chaos pact!
LemonheadWallenstein

Post   Posted: May 26, 2016 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

and the frozen sea is THE division for chaos and affiliated! Smile
Burnalot

Post   Posted: May 26, 2016 - 21:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Well done to the winners. Slann vs humans should be interesting. In case of a draw who would advance? My guess is humans, as they beat the Mermaids and slann only played a draw vs them.

Post   Posted: May 26, 2016 - 22:02 Reply with quote Back to top

2nd tie-breaker is TD difference, so a draw would mean the Slann go through to the finals.

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
 Jump to: