24 coaches online • Server time: 01:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
bancobat

Post   Posted: May 18, 2016 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello
I have a question about the vampire build.
About this team : https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=833653

I started the team with 4 vampires. Things went well with a 11/2/1 record
Then I bought the 5th vamp and all went wrong with a 2/2/9 record
I had no pro vamp at this time so I destroyed my thralls too much, burnt my RR, raise my tv...etc
I went down to 4 vamp then had a record of 11/4/1...seems there is a connection lol
But I want to build the team to play tournament, at least give it a try

Now that I have 3 pro and good vampires, do you think I should buy the 5th vamp ?
Or wait a little more ?
Or stay at 4 ?
Maybe with the 2 ag6 I must stay at 4 ?
I saw competitive vamp team has 5 vamp...4 seems to me a little short to run against high TV box team
What do you think ?
CroixFer

Post   Posted: May 18, 2016 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I hate to run too many rookie vamps once team is developing, so for me, anytime after your 4 starting vamps are at 3 skills is good time for a 5th. And yes, definitely 5 is nice. Even a 6th one if you have pro-enough Razz
m0gw41

Post   Posted: May 18, 2016 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I have the same quandry with these guys in a high TV league, not as developed as Bancobats though:
https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=817075

Post   Posted: May 18, 2016 - 13:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say buy a vamp whenever you have no vamps <16 SPPs.

Post   Posted: May 18, 2016 - 14:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd drop 1 re-roll to lower the TV and buy the 5th Vampire.

About having no Vampires < 16 SPPs: the sooner you buy a Vampire, the sooner he will skill up and get MVPs.
MVPs are wasted on Thralls.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: May 18, 2016 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmmm

Vamps have been on my mind a lot recently. I started with 3 and basically made the same error you did but at a lower TV (I had a vamp die and then replaced him and bought another to quickly), playing against opponents where the new vampires' base stats were completely offset by the damage skills he gave the other team and the damage he does to your own team.

It's a tricky question - I think your current team now supports the addition of a 5th vampire, you certainly have the stats on the main vamps, you have currently got the bank balance to get the vamp, there's enough Pro on the team to support it...
I *might* hold off to get block on Drogomir first (I'd imagine that was the plan and then he rolled +ST, poor you Wink ).

Post   Posted: May 18, 2016 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

buy the 5th vamp, then the 6th. A vampire team without vampires is just a team of hobgoblins.

Post   Posted: May 18, 2016 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

@matt : 3 RR seems not enough for me, at least give me unconfidence in my play. Maybe with a leader thrall but I see your point, can be a solution.

@arrested : yes it was the plan for drogomir and unfortunately he got +1 ST Wink

Was about to wait drogomir to reach blodge but I think I'm gonna buy the fifth vamp sooner
Seems the right option
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 18, 2016 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

bancobat wrote:
@matt : 3 RR seems not enough for me, at least give me unconfidence in my play. Maybe with a leader thrall but I see your point, can be a solution.

Was about to wait drogomir to reach blodge but I think I'm gonna buy the fifth vamp sooner
Seems the right option

Tarabaralla plays Vampires with 3 rrs, so it's doable, especially if some of them have Pro.
Yes, if you can, get Leader on a Thrall in order to have 3 team rrs + 1 leader rr.
It's not that 4 team rrs are bad, but I think they are too expensive and bloat the team a bit once the Vampires are skilled.
I think that your 4 Vampires are skilled enough to play with the 5th rookie Vampire.
Also, consider this: if you play with 4 Vampires, one of them might be knocked out, and then you would have just 3 Vampires on the pitch.
You don't need to do much with the rookie Vampire for his first games, but he's still better than a Thrall.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: May 18, 2016 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I am no Vampires expert by any means... but it seems to me that the time to buy a 5th Vampire is NEVER. Or at least almost never. It always seems to backfire and make the team worse rather than making it better. Looking forward to reading any more advice from players that know more than me about how to make this team work.
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: May 19, 2016 - 00:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:
I am no Vampires expert by any means... but it seems to me that the time to buy a 5th Vampire is NEVER. Or at least almost never. It always seems to backfire and make the team worse rather than making it better. Looking forward to reading any more advice from players that know more than me about how to make this team work.

This is my opinion too. It really throws off your vampire to thrall ratio. It's better to have 4 on the pitch than 5.

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
Arktoris

Post   Posted: May 19, 2016 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

you know what really throws off the vampire to thrall ratio? Not having enough vampires with guard and hypnotic gaze to turn off your opponent's guard...which then allows your opponent to beat your fragile thralls into a 6 foot hole.

Post   Posted: May 19, 2016 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

With 6 developed Vampires, the opponent is usually far too much occupied putting out fires to beat the blood out of your Thralls !
tykoonfranky

Post   Posted: May 27, 2016 - 02:52 Reply with quote Back to top

full lino team, first skill dirty player then sneaky git Smile
tussock

Post   Posted: May 27, 2016 - 06:04 Reply with quote Back to top

With 4 Vamp teams, you can get away with moving them all every turn, it's only 4-6 bloodlust/RRs per half.

With 5 Vamp teams, you often want to leave 2 of them unmoved to save on bloodlust/RRs for the key moves that involve all 5 of them, which will normally eat at least one thrall and often two, otherwise you'll eat all your thralls and rerolls before turn 8 arrives.

With 6 Vamp teams, there are not 6-9 thralls there to eat in the first place, you should really leave a vamp on the bench, or if you can get things done with just the 1-2 vamps and a Wrestle thrall while the rest maintain a ST 4 blodge-screen by not moving, then all the better. Should the ball pop free, you've got 4-5 Vamps ready to pounce on it and make a great cage right there (while eating a thrall), and if it doesn't the other team still has to break that screen somewhere. Just start them in a screen that keeps your opponents out of the centre pitch scoring range, and that often saves 3-4 turns of moves as your opponent battles thralls and a dedicated blitzing Vamp, and when they press you've got RR, Vamps, and bloodbags to spare to gaze your way into anything.

With 2-3 Vamps in reach of each wing, you've got one of the strongest sideline covers and surf threats in the game, they really have to go up the middle and you can just wait for them.

The more Vamps you run, the more often you have to deal with lone Vamps trying to get things done, and learning to deal with the inevitable running off the pitch trick is part of the team's charm. Don't forget the one with the ball can sort of punt by running somewhere clear with it before leaving, I wish I'd remembered that one in overtime. Smile

Pro is much more help for good knockdown percentages and gazing tricks than for bloodlust, you still have to not move them a lot of the time with 6 on the pitch. It's better on your blitzing vamps and +AG ones, who move a lot more often in a big team of them.