49 coaches online • Server time: 23:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DarthPhysicist

Post   Posted: May 30, 2016 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
If you do a support request and don't ask for it to be unscheduled but say you want to finish the game then it can be concession'd if the opposing coach doesn't try and rearrange it for a suitable time for you in the next 72 hours (Box). Though then your team can't play while waiting so people often unschedule if the game wasn't started or in a very early turn.

The thing about rescheduling though is this; I'm a US player and most people are in Europe. I only look for a game when I'm available to play, and I thought the expectation was the same for the other player. By going down the reschedule route, if my schedule is problematic, I end up looking like the d-bag when I was the one being responsible in the first place.
pythrr

Post   Posted: May 30, 2016 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

paradocks wrote:
I've been trying to finish a game for over a month with someone who dropped on me, now they don't reply to PMs and admins aren't responding either. Sigh

eerrr,, not a single one of yr Box teams is currently scheduled.

did you make up your story intentionally, or are you just drunk?

Post   Posted: May 30, 2016 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

DarthPhysicist wrote:
garyt1 wrote:
If you do a support request and don't ask for it to be unscheduled but say you want to finish the game then it can be concession'd if the opposing coach doesn't try and rearrange it for a suitable time for you in the next 72 hours (Box). Though then your team can't play while waiting so people often unschedule if the game wasn't started or in a very early turn.

The thing about rescheduling though is this; I'm a US player and most people are in Europe. I only look for a game when I'm available to play, and I thought the expectation was the same for the other player. By going down the reschedule route, if my schedule is problematic, I end up looking like the d-bag when I was the one being responsible in the first place.

no, not at all.

ask them to play at the same time the day after they missed the game, since they had activated at that time previously..

Post   Posted: May 30, 2016 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

If they try to reschedule at a time you can't make then it is not your fault, if you are clear you can't make the time they suggest.

Post   Posted: May 30, 2016 - 20:07 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:

Man, people try to avoid the unschedule/cancel option if a game has started. That just legitimises "disconnecting" as an option if you don't like the draw/dice/whatever Sad

DarthPhysicist wrote:

Site rules support you here. You're not meant to accept a game you don't have time to play, and you're not supposed to activate for box without time to complete the game. Obviously there is some leeway allowed for emergencies/internet issues, but this doesn't mean people should feel free just to skip out on draws.

The box scheduler has it's own little section on the Disconnections page for this reason.

I don't see how you look like a d-bag for pursuing the proper avenues in response to someone's discourtesy.

As for the "if the other guy is in Europe" thing, so what? Euros tend to get all the benefits of everyone else bending over backwards for scheduling times for tourney games, don't give us leeway when we don't bother to turn up and it's on your terms for once Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 31, 2016 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

paradocks wrote:
I've been trying to finish a game for over a month with someone who dropped on me, now they don't reply to PMs and admins aren't responding either. Sigh

Did you follow the site guid lines? If you did Admins can not 'not' respond to you. It's put on their 'to do' list (of sorts) and is highlighted every time they log on. So it's impossible to not get a response, unless they are unable to deal with it. In which case they'll mark the ticket for somebody else. As this is a standard issue, all members of site staff could deal with it.

If however you went into chat and expected somebody to be there to deal with you there and then (rather than follow the site guide lines) then you may not get an answer. As simply they may not be at their keyboards or simply have real life/work things to deal with.

If you went into chat and left a message and left, you will not get a reply. It probably still states that in the header. Simply if you leave chat, the staff members do not follow it up. 1. It's too easy to miss comments if other people show up. 2. The issue may have been resolved after you left.

So, in short if you followed the guide lines and filled in a ticket. Don't worry about it, somebody will get back to you.

However as Pythrr said; looks like the issue got solved pretty much after you posted. So not very nice to paint the staff in a bad light in all honesty.
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: May 31, 2016 - 01:08 Reply with quote Back to top

So going back to main topic here; I have entered at the last split second for the Box scheduler, and not gotten picked only to find I have been drawn the next round. I have also in the past, entered into Box scheduler, and then changed my mind, removing my team, but still finding out I was drawn. Yes they seem unlikely, and should not have happened, but it's has happened to me. It wasn't a big deal and I played them, but it's always comes into my mind when I see this happen to others.

Now I had a gentleman enter into Box recently and then not show up for our game. I pm'ed him, and gave him 45 min to show. Finally I gave up, I just sent in a ticket asking for the game to removed and when an admin read it, blammo it was fixed. The world becomes normal again even when I was inconvenienced for a short while.

Jeffro
paradocks

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2016 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanking you good sirs

Drunkness may or may not be a factor, and kind admin have now sorted it
jdm

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2016 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

keggiemckill wrote:
I have also in the past, entered into Box scheduler, and then changed my mind, removing my team, but still finding out I was drawn. Yes they seem unlikely, and should not have happened, but it's has happened to me. It wasn't a big deal and I played them, but it's always comes into my mind when I see this happen to others.

Happened to me this morning. Deactivated with over a minute until draw. Was no problem as I could play the game. Was first time it's happened to me.