34 coaches online • Server time: 00:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
RollingDice

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2015 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

NerdBird wrote:
MattDakka wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:

Also remember, teams aren't meant to be equal. I know this is a pet bugbear of yours, but that's how it is.

Allowing a Vampire to score even when failing a Blood Lust wouldn't suddenly make Vampires a tier 1 team.

It would make them a fair bit better though. The fact they could take off running like an Elf team with the lone Vamp downfield and know if they do not have food nearby they can still score. A well coached Vampire team in the 180 TV range is a scary sight and often times winning is basically sitting back and hoping they fail. Eventually they always do....right?
Well I mean, unless you have a bajillion rerolls which teams with that TV are guaranteed to have?
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2015 - 23:55 Reply with quote Back to top

NerdBird wrote:

It would make them a fair bit better though. The fact they could take off running like an Elf team with the lone Vamp downfield and know if they do not have food nearby they can still score.

The lone Vamp downfield could be clawpombed, you know.
TV 1800 is not exactly a TV where teams have no damage skills.
JuggerGonzo

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2016 - 05:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Cyrus-Havoc wrote:
If you could score with Blood lust in that way it is not a negative skill you can not score without re-rolling for Wild animal Bonehead or Really Stupid Blood lust should be the same.
Indeed it is less of a problem than the others anyway as you can still score with a thrall in the right place.
Try not to think of real sports here I have yet to see a Vampire playing American Football!

Wild animal Bonehead or Really Stupid and if they can catch bounced ball?
Anyway, I think Vamps are weak enough and this rule is not necessary. TD should be executed immediately if player with ball is in TD zone, no matter what.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2016 - 05:55 Reply with quote Back to top

The game designers apparently disagree. It is what it is.

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2016 - 05:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigmar1 wrote:
The game designers apparently disagree. It is what it is.

Until its changed in 2017...

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2016 - 08:53 Reply with quote Back to top

...vamps have a steep learning curve. Flings can regularly take them and own them. your main fodder is getting bashed from both sides, and the muscle part will get out eventually because of famine.
There are just too many player removal skills atm to make them viable...

JuggerGonzo

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2016 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

This and Thick Skull for Thralls.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2016 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

What's the point in AV7 players if they all get Thick Skull? Thick Skull seems to be thrown around all the time now (and put on skeletons) as a way of compensating for AV7. Well.......there's not that much difference between AV8 and AV7 Thick Skull. So what's the point in an AV7 player if you're going to make him not an AV7?

Why would thralls get thick skull either? I could see an argument for Norse being thick headed, but not thralls.

As I said, I don't see the point of not letting them score on the TD, just pretty negative all round if you don't see the funny side.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2016 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

It could represent that they are accustomed to getting bitten (and probably) beaten by Vampires. They can still get stunned easily but they tend to shrug off the pain quicker than a normal man.

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2016 - 22:38
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Vampires are incredible, except when they're not. No changes needed at all.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2016 - 02:13 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
It could represent that they are accustomed to getting bitten (and probably) beaten by Vampires. They can still get stunned easily but they tend to shrug off the pain quicker than a normal man.

Yes, it could. It could also represent that they carry around pet bunnies that cushion their fall slightly and prevent some injuries.

Personally, I'm all for options. I tend to say the same things again and again on this site. It would be nice to have team options, like at the back of the old Warhammer books. So we have a main team an optional teams; Maybe:

Lahmian Vamps with Ma7/ST3 and AV8 vamps
Von Carstein Vamps 0-2 with 0-6 zombies
Necrach teams with ST3 vamps that don't need to bite
Strigs with ghouls etc
1 with a Vamp Lord even

Give leagues the options to allow such teams and players the option if they don't like how the standard one plays.

Rather than trying to make everything equal artificially.
 Jump to: