54 coaches online • Server time: 13:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2016 - 12:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi gang!

It's Online NAF Blood Bowl time again! The Spike! Magazine Showdown will begin in two weeks on June 27th. Be a part of Canadian BB action!

Spike! Magazine Showdown

Our third online NAF tournament of 2016 will see us partner with the Canadian NAF Major tournament, the Spike! Magazine BB Championship! This post should point you toward everything you need to know to enter the Spike! Magazine Showdown (SMS), and compete to win physical, Spike! themed prizes.

The Spike! Magazine BB Championship is one of the five yearly NAF Major tournaments. It is held in British Columbia, Canada. This year, the Spike! will be held over the weekend of August 26th / 27th, and will use the much heralded Ironmanj ruleset! The Spike! is held in a beautiful part of Canada, and Steve and the Thunderbowl team put on a superb show. A trip out to BC is more than deserving of your holiday time! Further details can be found at the Spike! website, here. Sign up NOW!

The full rulespack is available here, here and here. Check out the full rulespack for the funky Spike! poster I'm not allowed to reproduce here. Wink

Teams should be created using this link, and coaches wishing to play in European timezones should apply here, North American timezones here, and Oceanic timezones here.

Cheers!

Phil / Goo.

Rulespack Summary

- Individual, non-progression Blood Bowl!

- Team treasury: 1.20 M gold. All inducements are permitted except Special Play Cards, Mercenaries and Team Wizards. Teams must hire 11 rostered players before adding Star Player

- Format: 6 games of Swiss in approximately 30 team groups formed according to timezone preference (Europe, America, Oceania)

- Weekly rounds

- Skill package 2 double skills, 4 normal, all available before game 1

Very Generous Spike! Prize Support

- The winner of the SMS will receive a free ticket to the Spike! Magazine BB Championship, BC, Canada, worth $50

- In the event the winner cannot attend the Spike!, the prize will be offered to the winner of the North American timezone group (should he not win the playoff). This prize is now available in perpetuity. The winner may cash in any year!

- One coach using a tier 2 or 3 team that has completed all 6 games will be randomly chosen to receive Spike! themed prizes

- The winner of the Stunty Cup will also receive a Spike! themed prize

Application Help

I will accept applications to the group every 48 h. Every tournament, someone misses out on joining us. Don't let that be you! apply, then check the group 48 h later. If you're not there, try again!

Last edited by Purplegoo on Jun 14, 2016 - 21:36; edited 6 times in total
bghandras

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2016 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Great stuff! Will be difficult to make it due to league commitment, but marked anyway!

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2016 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

OP up to date, applications open... GO!
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2016 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Way hey the BC!

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2016 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

You going this year, pythrr? It's a lovely tournament, I will get back one of these years. Smile
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2016 - 21:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Just to be sure, the ticket is for this year's Spike! and not next year's, right?

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2016 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes. As per usual, if you win and were attending / had paid anyway, you'll receive a refund.

If you win and would prefer to attend in 2017, I can ask if the prize can roll over, but no guarantees.

Last edited by Purplegoo on Jun 13, 2016 - 22:30; edited 2 times in total
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2016 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
You going this year, pythrr? It's a lovely tournament, I will get back one of these years. Smile

99% likely that I'll make the 45 minute trek out in the burbs, yes. Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2016 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
Purplegoo wrote:

Don't let this discourage you from coming! Wink

Actually the Pyth is a right stand-up guy, a good host, and if you're due to get your High Elfs held down and kicked by well-coached and murderous Orcs he will do so in amiable and jolly fashion!

I have trouble making it to Spike! every year despite being in my hometown (weekends away from the family are near-impossible). But I hope to be part of the welcoming committee / taxi service this year.
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2016 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll be there as per usual. I hope some more of the Fumbbl Seattle guys turn up this year. I'd like to meet some of you in person.
Ive heard of no one who has complained about making the trip out. Let me know and we will deffinately meet up before hand. Plus we have a travel agent in our club, that can get tours set up, if someone wants it.

Jeffro
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2016 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

fidius wrote:
pythrr wrote:
Purplegoo wrote:

Don't let this discourage you from coming! Wink

Actually the Pyth is a right stand-up guy, a good host, and if you're due to get your High Elfs held down and kicked by well-coached and murderous Orcs he will do so in amiable and jolly fashion!
]

no i'm not. i'm a bastard.

stop ruining my PR.

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2016 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

STOP PRESS! 14th June Update:

As of June 14th, the team treasury has been modified to 1.2 M gold to more closely match the TT Spike! ruleset, and the free ticket prize is now available in perpetuity. The winner may cash in any year! Thanks to the Spike! crew for their generosity.

A PM has been sent to every coach that has applied so far to let them know about this change, so they can change their applied team accordingly.

Apologies for any inconvenience!
lordchaos

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2016 - 04:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Where do I go to apply?

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2016 - 08:03 Reply with quote Back to top

All of that information is in the top post, LC.
lordchaos

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2016 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Goo. I think I did it right.