42 coaches online • Server time: 19:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Christer

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 00:03
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

This thread is for discussion of the new custom roster feature on the site. Please use this one to report problems and missing features.

The following is a TODO list for me, outlining what I'm planning to implement and some short notes regarding each entry:

More reasonable sorting of rosters on the ruleset page
Probably sorting by type (Preset, External, Own) first, then alphabetically.

Importing teams into a league ruleset
There is no way to migrate an existing league into a ruleset controlled environment. I will need to add support for importing a team into a ruleset. This will probably happen in a few separate steps:
1. Allow importing of teams where the race is allowed directly in the ruleset. This is easier.
2. Add support for converting a team from one roster to another (old roster to new roster, old positionals to new positionals)
3. Allow importing teams where the race is not allowed, but there is a conversion process configured.

Support disabling of skill categories other than Mutations
This isn't possible at the moment, and I may add support for this. It involves dealing with what happens if a player has a skill roll, but no skills available to pick from.

Reuse of icons, logos and portraits
Mostly a user interface issue. Need time to think about this and find a suitable design. Maybe restrict to LRB6 / Stunty races to begin with.

Add ability to import rosters from any rulesets, and not just the promoted ones
This is more or less a matter of implementing the user interface for it. The underlying system already does this to an extent.

Add support for cross-ruleset play
This one is hard. Maybe explore the possibility of reverting to the divisional ruleset for client options, while retaining the individual team's team settings.. Will need to implement support for mixed progression settings during match result processing.

Auto-update of existing players when changes are made to the position
As it stands now, players are not fully updated when a position changes (specifically stats and cost). This needs to be resolved. This may also affect team TV.

League commissioners should have the ability to edit individual players and teams
For tournament prizes or other reasons. This can currently sort of be done through position editing, but that's a very crude and time-consuming way of doing it. This includes things like adding/removing SPPs, skills, injuries etc.

(More todo items will be added as they come up)

Beyond this, there are some options that need changes in FFB:

Bribe cost
I believe this is currently a function of the roster name (Goblin), and not something FUMBBL can provide a setting for.

Halfling Chef
Same here, hard coded in FFB.

Last edited by Christer on Aug 02, 2016 - 11:27; edited 21 times in total
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 00:13
FUMBBL Staff

Could you add the option to use existing icons and logos?

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Christer

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 00:16
FUMBBL Staff

On the list already.
Christer

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 00:25
FUMBBL Staff

Fixed a problem that prevented teams from being created properly.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 00:39 Reply with quote Back to top

"Support disabling of skill categories other than Mutations
This isn't possible at the moment, and I may add support for this. It involves dealing with what happens if a player has a skill roll, but no skills available to pick from."

What about if there were a disabling limit? For example 2 or 3 skill categories. Or it is impossible to disable General skills for example.

The team that springs to mind right now is the Galadrieth Gladiators. An elven team that threw away tradition and perfected the running game and do not use the throwing game.

To represent that; the team would have extra blitzers but have throwers removed and Pass access removed. Of course they wouldn't have M access either. It's not massive not having the 'none' function, but neither would it break the system having 2 skill categories removed.
Christer

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 00:44
FUMBBL Staff

When I get around to it, I'll deal with the problem.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 00:45
FUMBBL Staff

Christer wrote:
On the list already.

Oops, sorry. I somehow skipped over that one :/

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Zlefin

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 00:54 Reply with quote Back to top

should we have a master thread for people making new rosters and looking for design help/graphics/other assistance? to avoid having tons of individual threads for each roster designed? I have a few rosters designs I want to mull over; but I wouldn't want to spam threads.
Christer

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 00:58
FUMBBL Staff

I think a single thread would quickly become an echo chamber of everyone talking about their own rosters and not responding to others.

I suggest taking the time to think over things and create your version 0.9's and then when you have something comprehensive to present go ahead with a thread.

As you say, a whole boatload of early design concept threads will quickly become spammy.. People do, however, enjoy discussing properly thought out designs.
koadah

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 02:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Could the team page and gamefinder page display which ruleset the team is linked to.

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 09:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I have another request:

We need to be able to add an info text and Physique, Finesse, Versatility info to a roster.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 09:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Roland wrote:
I have another request:

We need to be able to add an info text and Physique, Finesse, Versatility info to a roster.

Ohhh I like that idea.

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 09:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Thrall Flag wasn't working in this match with custom rosters

Also, additional Secret Weapon skills, ala Stuntee Leeg, for teams meant to be more Leeg friendly?
Christer

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 09:58
FUMBBL Staff

Antithesisoftime wrote:

Ok, this is a bug and I need to fix it. Prioritizing this higher.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 10:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
Antithesisoftime wrote:

Ok, this is a bug and I need to fix it. Prioritizing this higher.
You may also want to attend the support ticket that I placed recently. I'm not sure if it was a custom teams issue, a client issue, or what have you, but the game entered into an invalid state when my opponent attempted a legal pass while testing 2 more custom races.
 Jump to: