51 coaches online • Server time: 19:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
TortalVor

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2016 - 20:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi All,
Most likely some stupid newbie question. Is there anyway to easily see how far opposition players can move on the java client? I've been playing on Fumbbl for a little while now, first post Very Happy, and its currently my number 1 user experience complaint vs playing on a board which is where most of my experience has come from.
P.S. Thanks very much to my opponents who have generally been extremely tolarant, funny and supportive.

I find it really hard to easily check if I am out of GFI range of oppostion blockers or not by trying to count the tiny little squares on the client with semi regular disasterous results. Given that the client is really good I assume there is a setting or option that makes this super easy like the passing view or the shift "type" what skills various people have which I'm too dumb to find. Is there such a thing?

Second question. Is there a link that explains all of the various options you can set up in the Java client. I've looked in user guides etc without success but that may well be because I'm looking with my elbows.

Any help greatly appreciated. Very Happy
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2016 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Unfortunately not. It's one thing that really makes the game easier for me to process than counting out each possible pathway for each player to see if my ball carrier is in blitz range of a baddie.
tmoila

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2016 - 21:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Shift+click can mark squares and I use that to count and mark critical ranges of all key opposing players. It is useful to place the marker MA-value squares in diagonal of said player and then you can easily see the reach in both vertical and horizontal direction.

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2016 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

You just have to count.
The more you play the easier it will get.
TortalVor

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2016 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

oh well. I suppose it's just one of the nice things that the pretty client gives you. Thank you very much for the answers.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2016 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

You can also turn on the numbers so that will make the distance counting easier.

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2016 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a very good thing to mention WhatBall as I played for about 2 months without it Sad . I'll give your idea a go Tmolia as being something that could certainly help to avoid crossing the line of death or tackle zone.
fly

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2016 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

you can activate the grid and numbers will be shown.

pythrr

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2016 - 00:59 Reply with quote Back to top

counting is hard

Jump to: