38 coaches online • Server time: 11:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2016 - 22:36
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

CandleMan,

You oughta get a format out like regular football stats. Just because its extra work and only a few of us would want it shouldn't deter you!
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2016 - 22:51 Reply with quote Back to top

The good thing is, I have no clue what regular football stats look like.. Wink

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2016 - 00:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Great stuff!

So now I'll ask for more: It looks at first glance as if "failed blocks" does not include blocks that are RR for success. Such as a double skull RR to push push is considered a successful block, is that right? I think I would not change that part, but would it be possible to add a bit about RR use and success fail of the RR?

Perhaps a "RR use" tab, showing what the RR were used for (d6, 2d block, etc) and the success or failure of each team's RR over the game. A game where each team failed 3 blocks but one of the teams also failed 3 more that were successfully RR while the other team didn't use any RR all game would be cheating the current system, as I understand it. But anyway, I'm sure you could change stuff forever without getting "perfect dice stats" - just tossing out and idea.

[/wish]

Great work, its fun and pretty!

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2016 - 00:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Of course a gfi category would be great too. They surely always fail at least 50% Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2016 - 01:17 Reply with quote Back to top

is there a way to remove the quotation marks at the "start and end" of the posts? Id like to think of it as an Article for the game, and not an opinion. We can add "quotations" ourselves if we need it. It looks great, but it will take me some getting used to. Im an old fart these days.

Jeffro
Dominik

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2016 - 01:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I got a proposal:
Why don't you automatically add a `"header" to every match report, where the game was an official tournament game?
This could be done like this:
FUMBBL Black Cup VIII - Round 1
Here is how I do it:
https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=3707523

On this occassion I'd also like to mention that currently no green "r" icon is displayed instead of the standard "D" for the button to the match report on tournament pages even if a match report has been written.
On the black cup tournament page for example all games are displayed as "D" but some have a match report already.
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2016 - 09:07 Reply with quote Back to top

+1 to Dominik's suggestion.

It would be nice to have the link to the tournament and group which the match belongs to.

Currently we could go from the tournament to its matches but are unable to go from a match to its tournamnent.

This also makes my job (we are developing an automated rating system with sonrises) harder, since I have to check all official tournaments regularly.

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2016 - 11:32 Reply with quote Back to top

happygrue, just my understanding, but it's only reading stuff like if there's a block die followed by an armour roll for the same team, other team, or both. The rerolled skull blocks into pushes aren't a failure or success because there's no armour roll, just like wrestling down the ball isn't a success.

That keeps it quick and using minimal resources, otherwise it's got to track a lot more things and compare results to players (and even keep the game state loaded to track exactly who you're blocking and what might take them down) and end up being vastly more system overhead.

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2016 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
I got a proposal:
Why don't you automatically add a `"header" to every match report, where the game was an official tournament game?

What I would really love is if a game was played in a tournament (either league or official), that it would show the title (maybe just an icon with a mouseover, if pressed for space) in the team's 'matches' list.

Being able to go over a league team's history and quickly seeing which matches were in a season, in a cup, or friendlies would be awesome.

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2016 - 12:44 Reply with quote Back to top

tussock wrote:
happygrue, just my understanding, but it's only reading stuff like if there's a block die followed by an armour roll for the same team, other team, or both. The rerolled skull blocks into pushes aren't a failure or success because there's no armour roll, just like wrestling down the ball isn't a success.

That keeps it quick and using minimal resources, otherwise it's got to track a lot more things and compare results to players (and even keep the game state loaded to track exactly who you're blocking and what might take them down) and end up being vastly more system overhead.

Exactly Wink

The main problem is, as I said before, that the replay data was meant to display events in the replayer in conjunction with the visual information of players moving etc. So it is just not so easy to extract when a block was "good" or "bad" apart from seeing who fell over.

But I just want to let you people know, I am currently working on beating more information out of the data Wink So hopefully Christer and I can bring you more details for match report/dice stats in the weeks to come.

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2016 - 06:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Resolved: https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=bugs&op=view&id=1809

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2016 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I have just noticed that the new match report does not include a date and time. Or am I just not seeing it?

Great work, though.

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2016 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
I have just noticed that the new match report does not include a date and time. Or am I just not seeing it?

Great work, though.

Upper right corner of the detail
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2016 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks!