41 coaches online • Server time: 14:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Harad

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2016 - 11:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Most match reports are great. They add explanation and fun to the matches they describe. There is a subset though which sadden me and they tend to read as follows:

'Opponent did x,y and z which I didn't like. I should have won but my opponent is a filthy lucker. My opponent is rude and inconsiderate and I wouldn't play them again.'

I understand the frustration and I'm sure we've all had games like that. My point is that, if you really feel these things and want to do something about it, message the person directly. Using the match report as passive aggressive way to talk to your opponent with an audience doesn't seem a great thing to do.

Maybe I'm being too 'nice' but I'd love to never see these match reports. I don't think they achieve much and just leave a sour taste.

No more slanging of your opponent poorly disguised as a match report? Or do you like to see how people react?
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2016 - 11:27
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with you about Match Reports, I disagree about messaging an opponent directly. Once a game is over it's done. If you can't get your feelings across during a game's worth of chat then PMing them afterwards isn't going to do anything.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Endzone

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2016 - 11:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree it is bad form to slag off your opponent in a match report. It probably tells the reader more about you than it does them. Better to save match reports for when you have something positive to add.
 Jump to: