54 coaches online • Server time: 22:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Khan-amil

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2016 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, looks interesting, I'm gonna try a bunch of teams Very Happy
CastleMan

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2016 - 00:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Daemons of slannesh are able to be built in a multitude of different directions. Like Victor said, with up to 4 of the hypno players, you could build two killers, two two headed big hand ball carriers, or go pact style and hope for doubles and make a squad of claw/mb ag4 death machines. There are a few teams in need of some work, and you are whining about your team not being bashy enough. Next topic.
Critical_Code

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2016 - 02:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Lumbrian Holiday are ready for games. Mainly because I can't believe no-one has created a team with them yet.

YOU. GET. DROP. BEARS.
CUTE-FUZZY-MURDER-MACHINES!
FREAKIN SOLD!
CastleMan

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2016 - 02:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I tried them, they are fun but you REALLY need to manage the hits you take cause the drop bears can disappear quickly.
buuface

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2016 - 04:03 Reply with quote Back to top

CastleMan wrote:
Daemons of slannesh are able to be built in a multitude of different directions. Like Victor said, with up to 4 of the hypno players, you could build two killers, two two headed big hand ball carriers, or go pact style and hope for doubles and make a squad of claw/mb ag4 death machines. There are a few teams in need of some work, and you are whining about your team not being bashy enough. Next topic.

Agreed. KidChrest you have mutating elves for 60k. Stop moaning.

Slannesh were never meant to be a bash team.
buuface

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2016 - 04:10 Reply with quote Back to top

The toughest team to beat that i've played against so far is Nechrarch-

No blood lust, ag4, hypnotic gaze, foul appearance AND 4 wights to back em is REALLY hard to deal with.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2016 - 05:20 Reply with quote Back to top

buuface wrote:
The toughest team to beat that i've played against so far is Nechrarch-

No blood lust, ag4, hypnotic gaze, foul appearance AND 4 wights to back em is REALLY hard to deal with.
Having been the Nechrarch in that match, I agree with buu's analysis. Losing 2 vamps and a point of strength does not make up for the loss of bloodlust, gaining Foul Appearance and 4 blockers.

It's easily one of the top 5 strongest SL rosters available.
tussock

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2016 - 08:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Necrarch:

0-16 Skeleton
0-4 Zombie
0-2 Wight
0-2 Nechrarch (6348, Animosity, Hypnotic Gaze, Regeneration, GA, 110k).
0-1 Zombie Ogre (4519, Really Stupid, Mighty Blow, Thick Skull, Regeneration, S, 120k).

The SL roster Nechrarchs are under-priced, over-skilled, and also a disturbing hypno-Elf team with 4 Wights? That's not good. If you want Disturbing Presence on them, take off Hypnotic Gaze! Don't use both.

While I'm here.

0-1 Bloodthirster (5719, Ball & Chain, Regeneration, SM, 100k).

It's not that hard to design scary BB players without breaking everyone's teams off the bat through a huge load of skills on a rookie. That Bloodthirster wanders around to 3d everything in sight and sometimes hits its own team. Easy as that.

0-1 Deathroller (4719, Stand Firm, Dirty Player, No Hands, Secret Weapon, S, 100k).

Even the pros love sticking extraneous skills on rookie players. That's a much better rookie, retaining various old flavour, and allowing some development choices. It's even affordable while making Dorfs a bit more interesting.

0-2 Wardancer (8347, Dodge, Leap, GA, 100k).

It's just not that hard to strip things back and still keep the flavour and ultimate function (and even the same cost in the long-run) of the player. All players over 100k on the top teams should have serious consideration given to just stripping them back.

0-4 Nurgle Warriors (4429, Disturbing Presence, Foul Appearance, Rot, Regeneration, Decay, GSM, 100k)

Or adding something negative, as the case may be, that could deal with the issues of inevitable legend status for example, while also making them a touch cheaper to construct starting teams from where that's a problem.

0-2 Bull Centaur (6429, Sure Feet, Thick Skull, GS, 120k).

All sorts of expensive players can lose a little something, if the team's performing very well, it can make a difference in the practicality of dealing with injury streaks while making them a tiny bit less good.

0-4 Koka-Kalim (6337, Dodge, Jump Up, Dauntless, GS, 90k).

Or fix things like Amazons (low-TV dominance, high-TV disintegration) by giving them their high-TV needs and synergies earlier while cutting back the low-TV win-rate issues. Giving the odd squad some Tackle would help and all.

0-1 Mechanic (6338, Chainsaw, Secret Weapon, S, 50k).

Obviously Humans need a rostered Chainsaw to enhance their opening turns and fouling presence, if one is dealing with broader roster problems. Orcs and Khemri need one too.

0-2 Kicker (4236, Dodge, Stunty, Dirty Player, Kick, Right Stuff, A, 50k).
0-2 Sherrif (5237, Dodge, Stunty, Dauntless, Right Stuff, GA, 50k).

And the very poor teams don't need all that much help to get closer to where they should be. Ideally something useful like Strip Ball would switch to being an Agility skill and you might not even have to bother, but while people are doing rosters.

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2016 - 08:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you Tussok! But only one of the those players is from/for the Secret League!

PS u mean Foul Appearance not Disturbing Presence

Last edited by buuface on %b %27, %2016 - %08:%Jun; edited 3 times in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2016 - 08:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Tussock your post confuses me greatly. That roster at the top is not the necrach roster. The next part of your post I just dont get sorry. The standard teams have all remained the same?

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2016 - 08:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I actually think just cutting the wights to 0-2 might do the trick

Or making the Necrarch Vampires AV7

Last edited by buuface on %b %27, %2016 - %08:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2016 - 08:53 Reply with quote Back to top

buuface wrote:
I actually think just cutting the wights to 0-2 might do the trick

Yes this is what I will do if they are performing too well
That said I have no problem being better than vampire standard teams, just as long as they aren't too good.

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2016 - 09:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, no problem, I am often unintentionally cryptic.

That's a Necrarch roster I'd start with. It's conservative, easy to increase, covers the same fluff (story, flavour, except they get their monster too), and is pretty similar to the Necro/Undead/Khemri rosters in what it contains. The prices on new players are also fairly standard, rather than surprisingly low. Shifting to 2 bigs, or 4 of some other position is easy as needed.

The rest of the post is just me being me. Once I start thinking of how things can be changed for the better, I do have a little trouble stopping. But they are examples of how things can be changed without upsetting the flavour of a team or radically shifting the balance of it in an undesired fashion.

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2016 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not making any drastic changes to any rosters. The rationale for the each team is on their team page, so read that first. Each roster has been built with the strictest adherence to their background in blood bowl first and foremost, after which wfb is used as a source for understanding racial character, and stats and skill.

There are a number of rosters that are possibly too good and as this is an open beta of sorts things will be tweaked and made weaker or stronger, but no posiotionals will be added or removed, just tweaks to what we have.

Fimir are the perfect example, I let them play and know they are totally over powered but I just want to gauge exactly how awful it is to play them before the nerf hammer smashes them. Which will happen very soon for that team.

The most important part though is starting with a team that perfectly captures the character amd traits of that race after which adjustments will be made. Zombies in a necrach team for example is just a no go that would be anti fluff.

I have nerfs and buffs in mind for every team I have concerns over.

The only roster I really am not sure what to do with is pestilens

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2016 - 14:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Children of the Dragon are ready to impress the Auld Worlders of the perfection that is the Dragon. Inspired by Balle2000's cathay cobras!

Jump to: