36 coaches online • Server time: 15:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Electric_Wizard

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2016 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, I probably overlooked that... thanks for your quick answer! Smile
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2016 - 21:34 Reply with quote Back to top

NP. Smile

Half an hour to go, we've three good looking groups of 20 or so ready to go on the hour. I have an odd number in each of North America and Europe, if you want in, apply now! If I get no-one apply in Europe by tomorrow lunchtime, I'll throw a team in myself and make sure everyone gets six games. Smile
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2016 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all!

The Spike! Magazine Showdown is underway. We've three good looking groups fighting it out, and I'm excited by the opportunity to run a slightly more complex system where our group winners recieve a bye to the final four.

The opening group PM is below, and you'll be able to follow all of the action as it happens via this thread and the Online NAF group (see sig!).

I have an odd number in Europe, so if you've missed the kick-off, you still have a chance to join us! The spot goes to the first PM to my inbox.

Enjoy, and if there are any issues, shout your staff member (for scheduling) or me (for anything else).

Cheers, and go Spike!

Phil / Goo.

Hi all!

I’m pleased to say that the Spike Magazine Showdown is GO!

Do not reply to this PM, please instead use the forum thread for all discussion.

Thank you for joining us for this online NAF tournament! Now that we have kicked off, I can finalise our structure. The winner of each of the three Swiss groups will advance to a four team knockout bracket to crown our overall champion. They will be joined by the winner of a prelininary four team knockout held between the three group runners-up and best performing third placed team. We will also have a final between the top performing Stunty teams to decide the Stunty Cup.

The first round deadline is Monday night, 4th July, 22:00 server time. Each group has a different member of staff to deal with forfeits; European Group 1: Purplegoo, Group 2 easilyamused, North American Group: happygrue. These are your staff members to PM if you find difficulty scheduling your games. You will find your group number on the tournament page.

Those of you that have joined us before will be aware of the below 'six important points' section, but if you're new to Online NAF events, please have a read. They should help you with the online ettiquette of organising games.

Good luck, have fun, and if you have any issues, please raise them swiftly in the forum thread. Thank you for your support!

Phil / Purplegoo.

Six Important Points

1. Tiebreakers: The SMS will be using racial tier as first tie breaker, then opponent record as tie breaker for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in each group. We will be using net TD + net CAS, TDs scored, CAS inflicted then random everywhere else. This is because opponent score is currently manually calculated.

2. Schedule your game as soon as possible. Your coach overview will now list your scheduled round 1 opponent next to your team. Make contact with him NOW! Azure’s blog (https://fumbbl.com/p/blog&c=Azure&id=15803) is full of good advice on this point; but essentially, PM immediately, use the site scheduler and do everything you can ensure your game is played.

3. Inducements: Spend your remaining treasury to hire your rostered inducements each game when you enter the client. I have checked every roster and published every rostered inducement below, so everyone knows what everyone else should be bringing. Check your opponent is bringing the correct thing. Tick only the correct box!

4. No extensions will be granted. Games will be forfeited on time, at 21:00 GMT (22:00 server time) every Monday night in Europe, in North America 22:00 Eastern time Monday night / 04:00 server time on Tuesday morning. Server time is shown at the top right of your coach overview page, so you have no excuse!

5. Should your game be proving impossible to schedule (unresponsive opponent, no good mutual time to play, any other reason) invite your staff member to your PM chain ASAP. We will be making forfeits based on any and all information at our disposal, and if your opponent is not replying to PMs and you don’t tell us, you risk the forfeit going the wrong way.

6. If you spot any bugs, have problems, or experience any other issues, shout about it in the forum as they happen. We will do our best to remedy the situation quickly and fairly. I’m sure things will proceed smoothly, but if not, please bear with us! Smile

Rostered Inducements

North America

Frostitute - Helmut Wulf
savion47 - Morg & Fungus
Beorg - Deeproot, Zara, Chef
wintergreen13 - Nobbla, Fungus, 3 x Bribes
keggiemckill - Ithaca Benoin
natsirtdm - 1 x Bribe
pythrr - Ripper
Dalfort - Brick & Grotty
Hammer16 - Luthor
fidius - Sidewinder
crimsonexec - Lewdgrip
spinball - Chaney

Europe

karrashantemi - Glart
lemf - Chaney, 2 x Bribes
KFoged - Sinnebad
Jeguan - Seketh
Jip - Puggy
phil78 - Fungus, 3 x Bribes
giorss - Glart, Skitter & 1 x Babe
Nobbaet - Wandering Apo
Danish_Dan - 2 x Bribes
sebotouno - Hemlock
xnoelx - 1 x Babe
TheDangerousOne - 2 x Babes
Justicium - Prince
fluffy_bunny - Chaney
SkavenLordVinshqueek - Dribblesnot, 2 x Bribes
grunth - 1 x Bribe, 1 x Babe
Candlejack - Hack Enslash
Ghorgrix - Setekth
JackH - TBC
Endzone - Chaney
sann0638 - 1 x Babe
Badpublicity - Nobbla, Fungus & 3 x Bribes
Electric_Wizard - 3 x Bribes
Electric_Wizard

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2016 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Aww yeah, thanks to whoever drew the matchups!

Starting off with a Goblin mirror tomorrow evening 20:00 o'clock server time. Cool
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2016 - 01:07 Reply with quote Back to top

You have the FUMBBL randomiser to thank for all things. Good luck, and I'd love too see more starts advertised! Wink
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2016 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Early going, but after the first day's games: Goblins are clearly in the lead, across all the groups. Go gobs!

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2016 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Playing Strider84 tomorrow at 22.00. Wolves are sharpening their claws for some Saurus can-opening.

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2016 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Good stuff. My Zug delivery system spare men will be attempting to halt yet more Goblin dominance on Friday night, tennish server.
Jonny_Kanone

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 02:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi! Can someone please tell me how to use the "site scheduler"?! I would like to suggest a time to my opponent...
Thanks, Jonny
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 03:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Jonny_Kanone wrote:
Hi! Can someone please tell me how to use the "site scheduler"?! I would like to suggest a time to my opponent...
Thanks, Jonny

Hey Johny. It should be straight forward. What you do is click the schedule button (little clock) under your team and beside where it says schedule, then put in the date and time. Put in suggested, and it will show up on your opponents screen under his team. Be warned guys aren't accustomed to seeing that as a proper way of scheduling. One thing it does is show others when you plan to play in upcoming games on the main Tourney page. It's best to send him a pm for scheduling. You will get better results that way.

Jeffro
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 08:57 Reply with quote Back to top

What he said! Be sure to PM.
Jonny_Kanone

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

The hint with the little clock helped alot Wink thank you! Should work now

And I PMd Very Happy
Frostitute

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

My opponent(fidius) and me(Frostitute) are getting an error.
"does not allow cross-league play" error
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 20:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi.

I don't know for sure, but it looks as if you created your roster for the NA group and not for the default online NAF group, which is the link I give out in all of the literature. Because of this, the site won't let you play 'cross league'.

Please remake and resubmit your team via the link in the OP, and I'll make the substitution. I didn't realise that the site would stop you playing if you made a team specifically for the NA group (a logical and intuitive thing to do). Next time, I'll shout loudly not to do that.

Everyone else, 48 h in you should be far along in the process of organising your games. Having problems? Involve your staff member!
Frostitute

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Resubmitted.
 Jump to: