19 coaches online • Server time: 01:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
SPACE MARINES!

+1
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

deyempe wrote:
I understand this is a touchy area so understand if I cannot use these - thought it best to post about it and hope an Admin sees it to get the picture straight Smile

Good call. This comes down to wether or not the material is considered under the Games Workshop copyright or not. But the picture approval process alone isn't a guarantee for this mind, as admins are not walking encyclopedias of all things GW. Smile
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Why only ST 3?!
ST 3 is normal human stats, Space Marines are way stronger than any normal human being.
They should have ST 4 at least, ST 3 could work for Scouts because they have not yet completed their training.
deyempe

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
deyempe wrote:
I understand this is a touchy area so understand if I cannot use these - thought it best to post about it and hope an Admin sees it to get the picture straight Smile

Good call. This comes down to wether or not the material is considered under the Games Workshop copyright or not. But the picture approval process alone isn't a guarantee for this mind, as admins are not walking encyclopedias of all things GW. Smile

Hopefully I can get a thumbs up for these but I understand completely if thats not the case.

MattDakka wrote:
Why only ST 3?!
ST 3 is normal human stats, Space Marines are way stronger than any normal human being.
They should have ST 4 at least, ST 3 could work for Scouts because they have not yet completed their training.

You are right, and this is a good point and I do agree with you.

I'll look into adjusting that before I update the OP.

The reason I choose ST3 over 4 is because it is a more familiar starting strength for a human type character, even tho they are stronger than real humies I figured they'd only be matched against the other race rosters of 40k so they could be designed around that but if they were somehow up against regular Humans then yeah Id want them to be stronger and fend doesn't really do it justice.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem is that if Marines are only ST3 most of the other positionals around should be ST2 to fit the fluff. Or you can just ignore the fluff and make this playable.

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, according to the fluff Space Marines can regenerate wounds which would be lethal for normal men.
They should have Regeneration, I think.
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
The problem is that if Marines are only ST3 most of the other positionals around should be ST2 to fit the fluff. Or you can just ignore the fluff and make this playable.

Depends what the race is, a lot of races in 40K have things that are stronger than a ST 4. So they would have ST3 linos for example and then ST5/6 or 7 positionals.

DLE College 7s
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 18:46
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Cmon, its SPACE MARINES. they all start at 4str since they hold some of the emperor's DNA.

This league team might be better suited at a higher standard Strength base.
deyempe

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

News Update

OP Updated.

Play BB40k!

For any interested coaches I have created a Rule-set, Group/League and the Space Marines roster. You can now play the first open games of BB40k! ..provided you don't mind the default lettered icons to play with.

I will certainly be making a team and looking to play in the next hour or so Smile

You can make teams here:

Please try remember to prefix your team's name with so other coaches can easily pick out your team; [40k]

If you do make a team you might consider signing them up with the group page to further your involvement Smile

cheers!

Last edited by deyempe on %b %30, %2016 - %04:%Jun; edited 2 times in total
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2016 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

If it's a fanbase mod, then they're fine. However admin staff should refuse pictures if they are unsure. They're not obliged to get in touch with you and ask whether or not the pics are GW or not. So....it's best to give them a heads up, chat is obviously best. All bar Cloggy though, can read tickets.
deyempe

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2016 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I now think it is probably best if I look for an alternative on this occasion. Perhaps I can get some simple cartoon-style drawings together.

I wouldn't want to mistakingly take a shot of a model that WASN'T user created material!

Better safe.
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2016 - 02:13 Reply with quote Back to top

SPACE MARINES Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

When will the other rosters/ icons be added Question
What type of league structure will there be Question

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2016 - 13:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Nightbird wrote:
SPACE MARINES Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

When will the other rosters/ icons be added Question
What type of league structure will there be Question

Rosters and Icons will be added as they are created.
I'm hoping to get the SM icons finished this weekend.

Haven't given league structure too much thought yet but I imagine open casual games and either Swiss or Round Robin tourney.
deyempe

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2016 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Bump:

Significant OP update #1
deyempe

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2016 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Bump:

Significant OP update #2.

PS: If anyone would like to play some games with us and help us test these rosters feel free! More info @ OP.
 Jump to: