36 coaches online • Server time: 11:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
xyon

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2016 - 12:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Are we talking about the same thing? I was meaning when a player earns spp, and gains a skill, their value increases right?

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Hey Xyon you need to change your sig son, I never said anything vaguely like that!
pac

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2016 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

xyon wrote:
Are we talking about the same thing? I was meaning when a player earns spp, and gains a skill, their value increases right?

Well, I was planning on reverting to Team Strength and Team Rating. Much better system, in my opinion.

But that question requires broader input, as it relates to wider questions such as FAME vs FF, income, handicaps, etc.

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2016 - 14:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Bring back the good old days!

I know a lot of people have pointed this out already, but I'm not a big fan of this project for two reasons:
First, I'm not sure it's necessary. In the other thread you used a "confuesd [sic] series of new rules sets" as an argument for another ruleset! I like a lot about CRP. There are some subtle changes that might improve it, but I'm not sure at all that it needs another overhaul.
Second, I don't think you're going about it in the best way. A good place to start might be asking what people liked or didn't like about various rulesets. Just sticking up some rosters (which are all far too similar amongst other issues) is not the best way to get the ball rolling.

There are some good suggestions in here - extending the bench, changing the way teams are valued so it's just about the best 11, bringing back some negatraits (quirks) that come with experience (the old ageing roll system I think would work well with your quirks - some would get to star status without negatraits, but some could pick up a quirk on their first skill... works well with the fluff, but also adds a necessary element of chance). These are interesting ideas, but I don't think there's an appetite for an entire new ruleset!
bghandras

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2016 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I had my doubts about this thread, whether it is an honest proposal perceived as trolling, or else.

Fact is the author posted a USA/UK based league idea shortly after brexit. Think about those.