54 coaches online • Server time: 23:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2016 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

The weird thing is I have (or had before GW blew upthe world) a wfb ogre army. So you'd expect me to love these guys but something about them never seemed interesting to me.

The gnoblars them selves I think are fine really theyre just slightly worse than goblins. I think the big guys are the problem in that team. They just aren't very interesting.

I think if I was going to redesign it I would give the ogres more of a staring role. E.g

Have ogres, iron guts, fire throwers etc... Each representing a more standard bb position, runner blocker, Blitzer bombardier then just have th gnoblars as linemen maybe even drop the trappers I dunno I'll have a think about a new OK type roster

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2016 - 13:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I fink yew az it der nail on der ead dere Mr G
jdm

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2016 - 13:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I think there was a discussion earlier in this thread about a more positonal ogre roster with all the stuff you mentioned. Makes sense to bring them in and would certainly make the roster more interesting to play and give it a USP.

Gnoblars are fine as is, my suggestion was nothing more than that. Trying to think of something.

I'd urge caution about lead belchers (or whatever you choose your bombadier to be). There's a fine balancing act between what people willing to pay for a secret weapon, esp a bomber, and I'd fear a st5 ogre bombadier with secret weapon would be unusable given the cost it would doubtless be.

Iron guts could be a cool blitzer type, maybe with their eliteness being a candidate for pro?? (pleasey please).

Glad you took the comment the way it was intended, I love everything about the SL, to the point where I'm playing little else.

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2016 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

grat mino of the comunist bear!!!
thanx!!
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2016 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Were are the 6th race to reach 100 games - 38% win percentage 1.72 2.3 cas for an against
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2016 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Weres seem like one of those teams that needs either a big coaching disparity or hot dice. AG4/Jump Up is crazy, but all the AV7, ST2 without Dodge, ST3/AV8 Frenzy without Block, Really Stupid... it's just a lot that can go wrong.

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2016 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

What is the statistic of the pigmy team? I have played only 1 game against them, and they felt very powerful. I wonder if there is any statistic that can support or reject that hypothesis.

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2016 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
What is the statistic of the pigmy team? I have played only 1 game against them, and they felt very powerful. I wonder if there is any statistic that can support or reject that hypothesis.

Not really, 40 games 56% win percentage.

They are good for sure but very squishy and also expensive for stunties.

too early to say whether they are too good, but my gut reaction is no. Though there will be some racially favourable match ups as with any other team.
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2016 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Like most stunty teams, their downfall is going to be when they go up in TV a little and everyone else gets block. (Or when they play a team that has block at low TV.) Unlike most stunty teams, they're pretty competitive at 1000k.

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2016 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd take pygmies for a one-off game without any qualms whatsoever. I would not like to play them for 10+ though.

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2016 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem with gnoblars is they have so little fluff or history within the Warhammer world to translate into a cool themed blood bowl teams.

Pygmies at low TV are really good, as anything is possible with them with so few skills to hamper their shenanigans. Once guard, tackle and blodge is against them they will struggle big time.
MonkeyMan576

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2016 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Are you recruiting?
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2016 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Always it's an open league like ranked. There is a private league as well if you want to only play 1 game every 10 days sort of thing.
MonkeyMan576

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2016 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Link?
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2016 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Is on the OP as well

http://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10263&op=view

Create team button is on the top right corner of that screen

That's the link for the open group. The private league is run by calthor so send him a pm if You're interested.