36 coaches online • Server time: 09:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Use potion on Hauclir for final?
Yes
44%
 44%  [ 16 ]
No
33%
 33%  [ 12 ]
Feed him a nice piece of pie instead!
22%
 22%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 36

Arktoris

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2016 - 21:56 Reply with quote Back to top

this reminds me of middle aged single childless women saying "I'll get married when I meet the right person."

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2016 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Arktoris wrote:
this reminds me of middle aged single childless women saying "I'll get married when I meet the right person."

Except that when she decides to get married and have kids BAHM! She's ready to go and expecting. And she knows how many eggs are guaranteed fertile. And she gives birth to an orc with a bad attitude. Who craves pie.
Bram

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2016 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

keggiemckill wrote:
I still have 2 Healing Potions. It would take a lot for me to use one. I wouldn't use it on that player. Ive left better players in the dust.

You're right, and I don't think I will use it now.

However, I was never intending to use the potion just to save the player. Instead I was wondering if it would be recommended to heal him now with the specific purpose of having better chances to win the final of my team's Lustrian Open qualifier. And I guess the answer to that question is still no, since I'll be giving up too many inducements.
Dominik

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2016 - 23:22 Reply with quote Back to top

bram, Major qualifiers are as unimportant as a weekly standard tournament final is. Don't waste it for this, in fact you get seven chances each year to advance your team to a qualifier final!
Maybe I'd use my healing potion on a +ST +ST in the semi final of a Major if the player is otherwise permanently crippled, but not in lesser important situations.
Bram

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2016 - 00:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the advice. I didn't use the potion.

I'll probably fire the guy after my next game.
licker

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2016 - 00:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
bram, Major qualifiers are as unimportant as a weekly standard tournament final is. Don't waste it for this, in fact you get seven chances each year to advance your team to a qualifier final!
Maybe I'd use my healing potion on a +ST +ST in the semi final of a Major if the player is otherwise permanently crippled, but not in lesser important situations.

Well that's just like your opinion dude.

Not everyone is going to assign the same value to their matches as you.
Bram

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2016 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I lost the game anyway, but I don't think having the player healed would have made a difference. After losing the toin coss I got grinded down to six players by half-time, managed a semi-miraculous 1-1 in early in the second half with three players on the field, but had too few players left to stop the winning touchdown.
 Jump to: