42 coaches online • Server time: 13:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2016 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Bank rule just punishes bad coaches and coaches of soft teams by making it harder to rebuild.

If you find yourself reliant on loners and out of cash, the answer, in a perpetual format, is to stockpile cash until you can afford to hire up a full squad and still replace a couple positionals if you have a bad game next week. Bank makes this impossible, forces you to hire one guy at a time and budget just enough to replace one positional, which is risky business.

By contrast, a heavy team can run along with 150k in the bank all the time, and the odds that they won't be able to replace all their lost players pretty quickly are slim. If I have 150k in Treasury, I'm guaranteed to be able to replace two BOBs with one Winnings roll, and seriously, while that happens, how OFTEN does it happen?

What Bank would prevent, that does happen from time to time nowadays, is to say, "screw it," fire most of your players and hire all new ones. It would make TV trimming a little harder, but not significantly: you'd have to trim bloaty players one at a time.

So please tell me what Bank would do that is more significant than making rebuilding a soft team more difficult.

Edit: I did the math, any reasonable Bank rule would not retire the Amateurs. I take that back. All it would do is make us dump cash instead of occasionally spending Petty Cash.

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2016 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

buuface wrote:
Hi Gary. Fear not, my friend is not working for cyanide lol. He wasn't here for a long time and I've been trying to tell him that fumbbl has a better community (less whiners, less abusers, higher level of competition generally) than cyanide.

Oh I mean maybe he was influenced by someone or some threads on the Cyanide sites rather than being from the dark side himself Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2016 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
Bank rule for BB2 is 150k anyway. I have no idea why you are talking about 200k unless as a meaningless hypothetical.

Let's make the bank rule 500k, then no one would care about it.

Other than in BB2 where the horrific inducement phase would allow for insane amounts of stupidity.

I also fail to see the tangible advantage these high cash bash teams enjoy. So they can rebuild easily? They already don't take as much attrition as lower AV teams. They sit on a ton of cash that does exactly nothing.

Bank rule at fumbbl would be purely cosmetic.

It's a red herring for whatever was truly plaguing him.
licker

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2016 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
licker wrote:
Bank rule for BB2 is 150k anyway. I have no idea why you are talking about 200k unless as a meaningless hypothetical.

Other than in BB2 where the horrific inducement phase would allow for insane amounts of stupidity.

I also fail to see the tangible advantage these high cash bash teams enjoy. So they can rebuild easily? They already don't take as much attrition as lower AV teams. They sit on a ton of cash that does exactly nothing.

Is that your way of saying that he couldn't cope with the mad skillz at fumbbl so he ran back home to BB2 where he could reign over a bunch of nubz?

Wink

Cuz if it is...

Well there's nubz in both places and mad skillz too!
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2016 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:

I've made a mistake. Bank of course was 100k and put up to 150k by Plasmoid. I was working with 'was 150k and Plasmoid put it up to 200k.

So in reality it makes it even worse for expensive finesse teams. That PE team would lose 70k from their rebuild fund.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2016 - 19:40 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:
licker wrote:

Is that your way of saying that he couldn't cope with the mad skillz at fumbbl so he ran back home to BB2 where he could reign over a bunch of nubz?

Wink

Cuz if it is...

Well there's nubz in both places and mad skillz too!

Your words not mine Wink

But seriously, I get that Fumbbl isn't for everyone. It's just beyond belief that something that is so small in the big picture and doesn't actually affect on field tactics could leave such a sour taste in his mouth.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2016 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

This has been the most ridiculous conversation I've seen on FUMBBL.

Agility teams can store bank just like bash teams if they play right. I survived KPL with vamps for 2 seasons with enough cash to replace 4 vamps at once if need be. In KPL, I almost exclusively play against bash teams that are loaded with secret weapons, dirty players, and might blow, not to mention claws where there normally shouldn't be any.

I wouldn't even claim to be a great vamp coach, either. According to alot of this thread, my KPL vamps shouldn't be capable of the bank they have. Frankly, I find the notion that only bash can save money, is ridiculous.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2016 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Antithesisoftime wrote:
This has been the most ridiculous conversation I've seen on FUMBBL.

Agility teams can store bank just like bash teams if they play right. I survived KPL with vamps for 2 seasons with enough cash to replace 4 vamps at once if need be. In KPL, I almost exclusively play against bash teams that are loaded with secret weapons, dirty players, and might blow, not to mention claws where there normally shouldn't be any.

I wouldn't even claim to be a great vamp coach, either. According to alot of this thread, my KPL vamps shouldn't be capable of the bank they have. Frankly, I find the notion that only bash can save money, is ridiculous.

My vampmax team has over 200k in gold sitting at 1630 TV...
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2016 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Antithesisoftime wrote:

Vamps do have regen though, so not quite the same as Elves. Also agility teams can save money if not playing v serious hitters too often. They would find it harder to build funds if facing pomb all the time.

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2016 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a combination of coaching, AV, defensive skills, and player cost. Generally, I think any team that ends up in money hell is either a) young and unlucky, or b) not optimally coached, or c) not optimally developed. I don't see why we should penalize any of these any more than they already are penalized. Bad coaches, or coaches who suffer extreme bad luck, can win and build enough to have fun: why would you want to take that away? They already get penalized with losses and setbacks galore.

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2016 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

@Harvestmouse: I bumped Bank from 100k to 150k when Ian and Tom agreed that that's what they would recommend.
Just for the record
Cheers
Martin
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2016 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
It's a combination of coaching, AV, defensive skills, and player cost. Generally, I think any team that ends up in money hell is either a) young and unlucky, or b) not optimally coached, or c) not optimally developed. I don't see why we should penalize any of these any more than they already are penalized. Bad coaches, or coaches who suffer extreme bad luck, can win and build enough to have fun: why would you want to take that away? They already get penalized with losses and setbacks galore.

If anything, the unlucky and less skilled should be getting more cash to offset their folly.
plasmoid

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2016 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Part of the intent of the (properly implemented) bank rule is to put a soft cap on TV.
When your TV goes very high, SE will give you a huge negative modifier to your winnings. This will slowly eat up your Treasury even if you are a tough team.
When your Treasury is empty, you can not replace the eventual dead player(s) so you will be forced down from that High TV.

...but your Treasury will not get emptied if you go in with an 800k buffer.

Cheers
Martin
plasmoid

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2016 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

PS - during PBBL/CRP development, the Bank rule replaced an actual hard cap on TV.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2016 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

plasmoid wrote:
Part of the intent of the (properly implemented) bank rule is to put a soft cap on TV.
When your TV goes very high, SE will give you a huge negative modifier to your winnings. This will slowly eat up your Treasury even if you are a tough team.
When your Treasury is empty, you can not replace the eventual dead player(s) so you will be forced down from that High TV.

...but your Treasury will not get emptied if you go in with an 800k buffer.

Cheers
Martin

So it's safe to say that if you really enjoy high TV BB these rules are not for you and they actively work against team building towards that goal.
 Jump to: