12 coaches online • Server time: 05:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2016 - 15:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
how to get a game - greenlight all teams that are close to you in terms of tv, that's all. the rest is just silly.

That's close to what it ends up being. I think I've only ever dodged a team by taking a game with a different team, or one time I redlighted a silly matchup that my opponent had greened. SL isn't big enough for standoff-style picking. It is big enough to go search out the kind of matchups you want to play and get "good" games instead of "bad" ones, using more than one metric (TV, sure, but race, age, coach, all that plays a part). Along the way I end up only facing 1-2 Claw at a time, 'cuz 5 Claw vs my un-Apothable AV9 MA4 team with no Guard and 5 Block at 1330k does not sound like a good match.

If I were playing a scheduled league in SL, I would not play Elementals. They're a Gamefinder thing.

Last edited by JackassRampant on %b %28, %2016 - %15:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2016 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

maybe so, but by the same rationale if this is how people are choosing games its the same for everyone and people will therefore only be playing match ups in which both coaches think it is fair.

also we have stats from tournaments too, for what is worth.

Anyway please stop everyone my self included, I don't want to division/picking discussion.

JackassRampant wrote:

If I were playing a scheduled league in SL, I would not play Elementals. They're a Gamefinder thing.

I don't get this at all though.... I think you are massively over egging the apo tbh, he is great for BH and Ko rolls, but that aside i find crp apo a bit crap tbh.

Last edited by Garion on %b %28, %2016 - %16:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
jdm

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2016 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

From PM chain:
Garion wrote:

In update 4 coming soon 2 new team

Any teasers?

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2016 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

mekutata wrote:
zakatan wrote:
khorne should have an igor Laughing

cultists are humans, they are not undead. an igor won't help those poor guys.

Igor would help extracting the blood for the Blood God and polishing those skulls for his throne... who cares about the poor guys anyway?

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2016 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
who cares about the poor guys anyway?

this ^ they are there to die, they are even looking forward to their skull being added to khornes ever growing throne of skulls Smile
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2016 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a 4 wight necrarch team that wants to try playing again. What's the protocol for having too many wights? J

ust sit them in the dugout if possible?

Or use them since they're giving away inducements or robbing you such inducements?

or is there an admin that can delete wight roster position #2 (plain) and 3 (w/ mb)from the team?

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2016 - 21:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Lorebass will do it pm him
Zlefin

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2016 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I disagree on the value of apo garion; while not what they used to be, they still make quite a big difference in keeping premium players alive in the long run; so I'd expect it to be a real drain on elemental teams.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2016 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Zlefin wrote:
I disagree on the value of apo garion; while not what they used to be, they still make quite a big difference in keeping premium players alive in the long run; so I'd expect it to be a real drain on elemental teams.

But since you know there is no apo I would just develop my team in an even way, instead of stars and scrubs, it would be of greater benefit to that team, each player with 3 skills sort of building. I'm not saying it isnt a negative for the team, because it is. But the team (water and earth) are so strong anyway I honestly dont see it holding them back. If i was playing earth I would want block, MB and Guard on every earth player and you will be a nightmare for any team, similarly water block dodge, en masse.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2016 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Zlefin wrote:

But since you know there is no apo I would just develop my team in an even way, instead of stars and scrubs, it would be of greater benefit to that team, each player with 3 skills sort of building. I'm not saying it isnt a negative for the team, because it is. But the team (water and earth) are so strong anyway I honestly dont see it holding them back. If i was playing earth I would want block, MB and Guard on every earth player and you will be a nightmare for any team, similarly water block dodge, en masse.
But that's not how they WANT to build. Earth Elementals go to the line, so they cycle every few games and get nothing unless they're on Earth teams (and even then they build slowly), so the non-Earth teams can only take S skills on Incarnates and doubles, and the occasional Earth Elemental survivor. Since they're not high AV and can't be Apoth'ed, those doubles for S skills tend to be MB more than Guard, and thus are stars born. On Earth teams, you have to carry with the faster Elementals, and so you build up, once again, stars and scrubs. You can distribute the ball all you want, it's gonna happen. Sure you can build EEs by getting MVPs on them and then giving them garbage comps (unlike a Zombie), but they're harder to skill than, say, a Human lineman.

All of this is not really a complaint: I'm having fun even without an Apothecary; if anything it means my team is tighter at low TV. But your insistence that it's minor is a little baffling: having done both, the difference between a team with an Apoth and a team without one is huge over the long run. Elementals are reasonably powerful at the TV they want to hang out at. (Well, two elements, anyway, the other two are less effective.)

Why do you think there are ~90 games played with Earth Elementals and only ~40 with the "more powerful" Water Elementals?

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2016 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

"Sea Elf Teams
Have new Blocker Icons, because people found the last set too hard to distinguish. "

Could we have something similar for the snakemen? like different patterns/colors for the positionnals? It's kind oy hard to tell apart constrictors and mesmer, for example.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2016 - 08:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure I'll have a look
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2016 - 08:19 Reply with quote Back to top

10th and 11th races to reach 100 games

Undead Pirates 101 games
Win percentage 41.09
Average cas for and against 2.32 1.74

Zoat 101 games
Win percentage 55.45
Cas for and against 2.09 1.67

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2016 - 10:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there a fluff reason why the Giant Cave Squig's standard gender is set as female? Genuinely curious, are these Giant Cave Squig's normally female in lore?
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2016 - 10:35 Reply with quote Back to top

no reason. I think there are a lot that have no gender as well that probably should be male. probably just clicked on one randomly. Smile
 Jump to: