71 coaches online • Server time: 20:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coach
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2016 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
I have 3 skill, 4 skill and 5 skill zombies on my Box Undead team, ForgottenVillains. So it certainly happens with enough games if you allow it. It seems we have left the original topic behind now.

To tie it back - the bank rule is kind of dumb because we've collectively found ways to cope with the issues it supposedly mitigates, it just so happens they're a completely different tack.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2016 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
To tie it back - the bank rule is kind of dumb because we've collectively found ways to cope with the issues it supposedly mitigates, it just so happens they're a completely different tack.

I might be dumb, but I still haven't understood what these supposed issues are (and no, please don't repeat them, I've seen them, they're nonsensical). Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2016 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:

I might be dumb, but I still haven't understood what these supposed issues are (and no, please don't repeat them, I've seen them, they're nonsensical). Very Happy

Agreed!
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2016 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Basically, the only thing I've gotten out of this thread is that some people simply can't store a bank, and because they can't do it, they don't feel that anyone should be allowed to do it.
thoralf

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2016 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I got a few more things, Anti.

For starters, it seems people don't realize they could hire and fire people to prevent cash to impact their TV, which means that one does not simply prevent minmaxing with that rule.

Also, the argument presented for the bank rule seems farfetched - if a league has a problem with powerful teams with lots of money, all it needs to do is to set up a cap. This cap could affect the TV, the bank, or both.

NWFL has a rule that limit both. It also adds small bonuses for winners.

All this to say that OTS may be looking for players for the next NWFL season.
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2016 - 09:16 Reply with quote Back to top

For obvious reasons, I would not welcome a change to the bank rule.

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
 Jump to: