82 coaches online • Server time: 21:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2016 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
ArrestedDevelopment wrote:
On table top, since gaming dice are less random than an rng, it's probably less likely you get burned by 3d blocks with +ST, but it's also more likely that he goes a lot longer without block.

Less likely you will roll skulls and both downs on tabletop? Well rolling with few bounces you could try to roll the dice in a way to get less skulls but normally dice are on tabletop aren't going to be much different.

Gaming dice aren't random, in fact, there's a tendency for rolls to end in the same face looking upwards that is upwards when you start the roll.

Anecdotally, I have always found dice a lot more kind on a tabletop game than with an online RNG. Whether that is down to dice weighting (either through age or simple imperfections), rolling technique, or simply luck is another matter. But I have never, ever on tabletop seen Triple skulls 2x in one game. I've seen that three times in the last week alone on fumbbl and hex skulls (trip skulls, rr, trip skulls) for my opponent as well. Plenty of people from tabletop backgrounds complain about dicerolls produced by RNG as "unrealistic" for a while.

This isn't a point against the RNG, or even a criticism of it.

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2016 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

But I have never, ever on tabletop seen Triple skulls 2x in one game. I've seen that three times in the last week alone on fumbbl and hex skulls (trip skulls, rr, trip skulls) for my opponent as well.

You have just played (and perhaps watched) many more games online and it happens you have seen some extreme rolls recently. Choosing a different skill due to dice rolls on FUMBBL v tabletop is crazy.

Also you can use something to throw the dice out of if you are concerned about people rolling the dice a certain way.

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2016 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Well it wasn't really the serious part of the comment but I figured I'd explain Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2016 - 01:12 Reply with quote Back to top

But I have never, ever on tabletop seen Triple skulls 2x in one game. I've seen that three times in the last week alone on fumbbl and hex skulls (trip skulls, rr, trip skulls) for my opponent as well.

Ive seen it more than 5 occasions. I've seen it RRed and still come up the same on TT. One thing that I do know is that with RNG, I fail about %25 of my GFIs compared to TT where I only fail %10.

Jeffro
PainState

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2016 - 01:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I have to agree that on a Goblin team, take block, keeps him standing up. +ST on Orc trolls.

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2016 - 04:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Dach wrote:
Block, if nuffle really want you to have a STR 6 block troll he will give you another +1 STR.

That would prove he wanted you to have a STRENGTH 7 Troll.
 Jump to: