31 coaches online • Server time: 08:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tomay

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2016 - 23:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Stallions All But Guarenteed a Bowl Spot

They're already sitting on 9 points and have probably the easiest Inter Conference leg in the league. The Stallions victory over the Clippers stamps them as strong contenders not only for a bowl, but for the CBBA Bowl. An unlikely hero in Blutdorfer proved the difference as the Stallions managed to scamper away for a 2-1 win over a Clippers team that lacked cohesion. There's no doubt they have a star in Kaper, but the rest of the team needs to stand up in the Inter Conference leg if they're to be a shot.

#Round3 #CBBA #Stallions #Clippers

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2016 - 00:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Unexpected Cold Snap Freezes Axemen

The Axemen aren't a team suited to the cold weather with their ball distribution and running approach to the game. Last night the Gunners took advantage of this and managed to salvage some respectability with a 2-0 victory. The Gunners didn't put in the most convincing performance but comfortably controlled the game. The Axemen are going to have to work out how to hold the ball and get it over the line quickly.

#Round3 #CBBA #Axemen #Gunners

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2016 - 04:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Falcons To Challenge Stallions

The Bechafen Falcons look like the only team that can stand in the way of the Stallions and a CBBA Bowl spot. A 2-1 victory further proved that they are capable of putting together a good performance after their earlier draw with the Griffins as well. The 'Cores will take something from the game with a decent effort and a potentially bright future.

#Round3 #CBBA #Manticores #Falcons

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2016 - 06:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Boris N @LoudMouse

Wahoo! Perfedct touring leg for CBBA, best result for Golrious Stalliosn. Coach Luo? Coach Best! @CoachLuo @Stallions @CBBA
#CBBA #RidersontheStorm #Bowlbound

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2016 - 06:28 Reply with quote Back to top

The Sallinsky Garbler
The Gloriuos Truth

Stallions Sweep Clean

Neighbours, I write it to you that the Averheim University STallions, that Glkorious team who have us all in their hearts have completed their touring leg for Grand CBBA. Last season, some time ago now, we have much to despair, as Coach DrPoosd could not give the rseults that we so much desire.

But now! Now is the Future, and it is Glotious! Coach Luo, famous of the SWL, has taken the Stallions to a clean sweep! Three games played, Three games won!

Neighbours, it is with heart-warming feeling that I confess to much hope of future. Our home conference rivals present no challenge to Glorious Stallions. The Axemen? Speedy of foots, but with no proper passion for teh game. Falcons? Ca[italise on bad luck of other teams, have no grand strategy. Cockerels? Pfah!

Now let us look at these player on such Golrious team. Our Four Horsemen - Bully, Guts, Pox and Grinner. Such a team, working semlessly for greater Good of team. Special mention of course to the Enigmatic Grinner - a truly round player, with passes, touchdowns, running yards and smashing tackles in her arsenal!

The Future of Gloruios Stallions is one of Grand Glory and Bowl matches.
Looking at you all at the Averdome for m ore Grand Spectacles!

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2016 - 11:46
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Luccini Student Association Press

Diavoli Snub Verezzo!

Oh how we love Remo and the Diavoli. The Horse Asses of Verezzo were given a harsh lesson by the Diavoli when their first ever CBBA home game was suddenly and without warning relocated to the isle of Sartosa.

This has caused massive anguish amongst the Verezzo Athletics Department who are understood to be strongly petitioning the TRU administration for immediate dismissal of the entire Diavoli management.

We approached the lovely assistant coach Mila Fiore Pisciotta for comment:

"Verezzo should be ashamed! How dare they call themselves Tilean? Did you see what they tried to pull? 'Let's see if we can fill the stadium with locals and shut out the visiting fans'...they say this in their papers. They are disgusting!

Tilea is famous for our hospitality. We welcome all visitors and they shall leave with a smile on their faces. Verezzo shame us all. They shame us with their attitude, they shame us with their little boy peepee sized stadium. This is not the Tilean Cup, this is not some backwater championship. This is the CBBA! If Verezzo, or any other country town cannot provide a ground big enough to hold all comers then all comers shall go elsewhere.

Lucky Sartosa stepped in with a Pirate League stadium to save the day. The Tilean and Norscan fans were treated to a wonderful occasion. The happy fans will convince Signore Leo on what a Tilea home game should look like. The mighty profit (80% to TRU coffers) will convince Leo. Our brave efforts on the pitch will convince him. And if need be I will visit Signore Leo again and convince him myself.

The next home game will be in the mighty Colosseum at Remas. In the meantime I suggest the other Tilean Campuses approach their local ProBowl teams and ask to borrow their grounds unless they wish to be treated like, what do you Luccini boys call them? Ahha yes, the Horse Asses"

Last edited by ramchop on Jul 21, 2016 - 00:45; edited 1 time in total
Karnov

Post 1 Posted: Jul 20, 2016 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

FEDS COACH LOADED, HONEST

NBC News ~ Your #1 source for Northern Border Confederates news

NBC News caught up with the Confederates coach last night while he was sitting in the stands enjoying the Bulls vs. Cockerels matchup. Not surprisingly, Coach K had a gorgeous blonde CBBA executive under one arm and a keg of Bloodwieser under the other.

Coach K showed little restraint towards the teams on the pitch, hurling abuse at both sides, other spectators, and even his gameday program (which was littered with spelling errors.)

We approached the coach after the game and asked him why does he harbor such ill-feeling towards the Bulls and the Cockerels?

"The Bulls are just flat-track Bullies (!) who's lairising antics while running up the scoreline against us left a bitter taste in my mouth. Their coach is a drunk, their "student" players are oafs, and their record is not indicative of their actual talent level.

"The Cockerels, on the other hand, anger me unlike any other side in this league. They are performing admirably under their new coach, which raises the question: where was this effort while playing under me? I had a world-class gameplan and chef, but got underworld-level results. It's a slap to the face of my staff and I, who put that school on the map, gave them a profile and achieved a tremendous level of respect from fans across the Empire. It's shame I never got that same respect from the Cocks themselves."

We asked the coach one last question: Are there any teams that he actually likes in the CBBA?

"Just one: the Tilea Diavoli! To be honest, they're one of the better circus acts that the CBBA has fieldied in last dozen years or so! I'm looking forward to seeing all nine of them roll out of a clown cart and onto the pitch sometime soon..."

#BullS@$t #CockSure #ClownsOfTilea

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2016 - 08:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Reaction to Chevs Griffins
Debby Demonbreeder – Sports Reporter for the Altdorf Daily

While the Griffins took the points, the Chevaliers have declared themselves legitimate title contenders after the round 3 matchup. For the majority of the game, the Chevaliers matched and in some ways exceeded the Griffins. Once again coach Bobs had his team well prepared with a great game plan but in the end they didn’t have the crucial element of luck on their side.

The Chevs looked sure to score late in the first half until an individual effort from Laurens Schor knocked the ball into the crowd and subsequently was thrown deep back into the Chevs half. In the second half the Chevaliers defended brilliantly but ultimately run out of troops and once again Laurens Schor was able to scoop up the ball and dodge away for a final turn touchdown.

Coach Tomay will be pleased with his team’s effort but will need to polish a few elements of their game if they are going to sweep the AIC. Laurens Schor finally delivered with a standout performance after leading the team in trash talking so far this season.

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2016 - 10:16
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Media Release Tilean Regional University

Trophy for the Southerners Conference Announced

Today as we look forward to the upcoming home conference stage of the CBBA, I am happy to present the trophy for the great Southerners Conference. The peoples of the South, are renowned for our hospitality, spirit, fierce national pride, and of course a love of the finer things in life. Tilea, Bretonnia, Athel Loren and the Border Princes unlike the barbarians in the north have this in common. We are a people who share a taste for for the best things in life, the most beautiful women, the tastiest food, and of course the greatest wine in the world. For this reason the team with the best results in the Southerners Conference stage shall be awarded L'Anfora (The Amphora). Of course the ultimate goal is qualification and victory in a CBBA bowl, but I have no doubt this new award will grow to be a treasured prize indeed. We love our closest neighbours, but more than this we love to better our closest neighbours.

Rules:
The Amphora will be gifted to the team with the best record of the Southerners Conference. First tiebreaker is head to head, second tie breaker will include results from the touring stage.

Dr Leopoldo Andaloro
Vice Chancellor, TRU
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2016 - 12:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Power has shifted
Urlso Press

Whilst us here in the Frostbelt and particularly Urlso are used to neglect and a lack of respect that could well change soon. Currently the point total is 25 (plus one game left for the Yhetees) for a healthy average of 6.625 for each side.

It is unlikely even the All-Imp-face conference will manage that. In fact, they currently sit on 15 plus a game. What a disgrace.

The power has likely shifted. I doubt the all-imp-face conference will ever again have the power rest there.

Frostbelt conference forever! Except the bulls who are snowflakes.

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
Tomay

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2016 - 07:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Griffins a Schor Thing
Debby Demonbreeder – Sports Reporter for the Altdorf Daily

Laurens Schor has followed up his star performance in the Chevaliers matchup by publicly declaring that the Griffins are an unstoppable force in this seasons CBBA Bowl hunt.

"I've hit form! We've hit form! Watch out! The Chevaliers had hype and we squashed them. Once I picked up that ball you could see the hearts of the Chevliers fans break - they knew no one was catching me. Look at the rest of the AIC, they're playing with one eye on us because they know that they'll be embarrassed. You could say that the Griffins are a Sure (Schor) thing!"

With the Inter Conference rounds looming, the Griffins have a lead over the rest of the All Imperial Conference, despite the toughest schedule.

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2016 - 07:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Two Games Remain for Touring Leg

Only two games remain in the Touring Leg stage of the season with the Scorpions taking on the Eagles and the Yhetees hosting the Wolfpack. A clearer picture has emerged from the conclusion of many of the groups, with some obvious favorites out in front. Other teams have also given themselves a shot at remaining in the hunt.

#Round3 #CBBA #TouringLeg

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2016 - 07:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Bears Win Crucial To Season

The Bears victory over the Harlequins could turn out to be a turning point in the season. With the win, the Bears remain in striking distance of the front runners in the North, the Bulls and potentially the Yhetees. Meanwhile, the Great North Road Conference looks to be the tightest of the lot with all 4 teams still in contention.

#Round3 #CBBA #Urslo #Harlequins

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2016 - 08:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Confirmation of Petition
Urlso Press

Head Coach DDS has confirmed that Urslo has petitioned the CBBA officials for a new honour system. He explains it:

"We believe that, during the mid season break, an award should be handed out to the conference with the most points. The "Power Conference" is in lieu of an all-star game which has consistently been denied by the CBBA. It would be an interesting system going forward, which would allow the fans of the game to track where the power is."

Whether he thinks the CBBA will accept it he said

"No they are a bunch of corrupt snowflakes. Actually you probably shouldn't print that, it will really make this whole thing a tough sell."

We at the Urlso Press are keen to see what happens!

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
tussock

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2016 - 09:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Erengrad University public statement on tragic failure to defeat cheating pups.

Erengrad CBBA Yhetees bitten in painful draw with Middenland kittens. Still fail to handle ball after brilliant strategy at start, shown up by sleepy dog boys as team training goes out window. Late team talk of expulsion to military duty saw good hits and ball movement show up for play, but was late for best result. Wrestle ball team will do laps of city until collapsed as gentle caution.

No longer leading North Wind conference, but home is where wrestlers will come good, is saying coach. Team is improving, is saying coach, results is not improving, is saying fans. Fans win argument as is very many fans and bring weapons, coach also doing laps of city.

Grand and worthy rivals to come next, Bears and Buccs. Erengrad CBBA Yhetees must win to make Bowl. Also must beat stupid Bulls, but they have easy games and come through soft and weak, will lose to all true northern teams. End message.