14 coaches online • Server time: 03:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Goblinslayer

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2016 - 10:18 Reply with quote Back to top

So, recently I joined cowheads College Fumbbl tournament and Subs was kind enough to create a cool looking team bio for my team. Man was I surprised what one can do with some bbcode.

I started to look out for other examples and found Kams blog entry on his Amazons. Nice work I thought, time to get my undead a graveyard.

So that's what I did. A lot copy and paste and troubleshooting. Harder than it seems if you don't really know what to look for. But it's done and I am really pleased with myself.

Check it out: Special Edition Deluxe

Special thanks to subs for the kickstart and Kam for the embedded images idea.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2016 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

That is good. Who did the goblin pirate boat recently? That's another nice one.
Subs

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2016 - 12:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Super work man!
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2016 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
That is good. Who did the goblin pirate boat recently? That's another nice one.

That'd be Miceycraft's Pirates of Bogwash. He also did the majority of the work (read: almost all the BBCode) sprucing up the ARR group page.

What a hero!

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2016 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Great work!
The links work so well. Though I may not realise if I click the gravestones it gives info if I opened the team page and hadn't read this thread.

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2016 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Great bio
Subs

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2016 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

So a question by the way please: how put images into another images as you do in that bio? :]
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2016 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Subs wrote:
So a question by the way please: how put images into another images as you do in that bio? :]

I think the question is wrong.
You should be asking:

How is he generating a background image?
And the answer is, it is somehow set to 1px. But how he did it he only knows himself.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2016 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, here is what I can gather... there is a table, it's got three rows, holding segments of the picture each. The toggle buttons seem to be part of separate sections of the table and the table is probably constructed around their positions.

Likewise you'll notice that part of the top on bottom of some toggle buttons can't be clicked. That's because the rows height doesn't exactly align with the image everywhere.

What baffles me is that when I hover over the individual table segments that they don't seem to be holding image links.

Instead a full image is added in a separate hidden segment at the beginning...
Subs

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2016 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, that's a better way to ask indeed (thx Wreckage) but i still dont know how to put images into others with precision! :]
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2016 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the table is entirely empty except for the toggle buttons. Which means the image is indeed just in the background....

the method the toggle buttons are in precise positions is simply by the table so that's easy to explain...

Last edited by Wreckage on %b %11, %2016 - %16:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Subs

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2016 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

hmmm nice point wreckage! it made me understand that thing a bit! I will have to made some tests to master that! :]
Goblinslayer

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2016 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Since I copy pasted most of the background image idea, I'm not exactly sure how it works, but heres my best explanation:

Quote:
(block=floatcontainer]
(block=floatleft width=1px](img]https://fumbbl.com/i/494708(/img][/block]\

is the code for the background image. Officially, it is just 1px wide, but the whole image will show.

I then created a table the size of my picture, and generated rows.

The first row is empty and about 250px high, just to skip to the interesting part of the picture.

The five buttons are then in two rows. They are evenly separated in about 30 columns all 20px wide. I then just cut out the buttons of the background picture at the exact point my cell started. So i basically overlayed the background picture with itself. Those are my buttons.

For a better and more visual explanation, check out Kams blog entry on creating a team bio Creating a team bio from scratch
Beanchilla

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2016 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

This is wizardry! Great job. One day I need to start diving into things like this. Looks spectacular.

Here's a great resource for all sorts of Fumbbl images!
bghandras

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2016 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I cant help but notice the collection of Nigglers...