27 coaches online • Server time: 01:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2016 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:

Just don't stack skills on Linerats, they are fine with 0-1 skills, and start to be a bloat with 2 or more skills.
I don't know. I spent a double roll on grab on a linerat, and couldn't be happier. Same rat skilled a second time for block, and has since become invaluable to my roster for the 1-turning ability he provides.

On that same note, having a rat ogre with frenzy opens up even more one turn possibilities, especially when you have a natural one turner on the roster.

The linerat in question however, would be incredibly bloaty with multiple skills, though dirty player is the best option if he does skill. If he skills a second time, I'd hope for doubles and then slap on sneaky git. At that point, I'd be willing to keep him to 4 skills, though he'd likely be dead before that happens. The last 2 skills I'd consider are kick and wrestle. That of course hinges on him rolling doubles. Without, he should retire at 16spp.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2016 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Antithesisoftime wrote:
MattDakka wrote:

Just don't stack skills on Linerats, they are fine with 0-1 skills, and start to be a bloat with 2 or more skills.
I don't know. I spent a double roll on grab on a linerat, and couldn't be happier. Same rat skilled a second time for block, and has since become invaluable to my roster for the 1-turning ability he provides.

On that same note, having a rat ogre with frenzy opens up even more one turn possibilities, especially when you have a natural one turner on the roster.

He's Loner and Wild Animal, not exactly reliable.
Skaven can one turn easily even without Rat Ogre and without him the team is less bloated, that means less skills on the opponent team and consequently easier matches.
Instead, the TV of a Rat Ogre may be invested on skills on killer Blitzers, one turners and ball sackers.
Antithesisoftime wrote:
If he skills a second time, I'd hope for doubles and then slap on sneaky git.

Sneaky Git sucks, and a fouler must be cheap, 100k is too expensive for such a player.
Moreover, the client doesn't implement correctly Sneaky Git + Dirty Player.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2016 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm with MattDakka on this. 1 normal skill is optimal for a linerat. Rookie is a better value than a 2-skill linerat. Kicker is the exception. Doubles guys with skills are kinda worth keeping, until they die or get maimed. Wouldn't take SG over Guard.

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2016 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Id keep him and use him to either uphold the line on Defence, or foul with. That is presuming he will be out of the game after turn4.

Jeffro
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2016 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

If you have money to replace the reserve I would fire as skaven often want to dodge away rather than face hits such as from mighty blow players.
I think it is fine to have healthy linerats with 2 or more skills. May not be what people call efficient but it gives you more options and some character to the team.