39 coaches online • Server time: 09:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you use a Blood Bowl uniform painter?
Yes
87%
 87%  [ 21 ]
No
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Pie
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 24

The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2016 - 10:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I know the Bolter+Chainsword created a space marine painter, a nice simple tool so you can trial armour paint schemes, is there anyone capable of creating something similar for Blood Bowl kits?

It would require a different base template for each race (compare orc kits to human kits etc) but I think it would be awesome if you could display your teams kit on the team page.

Unfortunately as a goblin this is beyond my technical abilities, is anyone willing to pick up the (worryingly sticky) gauntlet I have thrown down?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2016 - 12:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I just had a look at the Space Marine painter. I'm not sure this is the best site for that sort of thing. After all here is mainly based around a client version of Blood Bowl.

The tool you mention is a guide for painting real life miniatures. Probably TFF is a better place.........but that said it's a less likely community for programming. I don't know........I just don't see it being that useful for FUMBBL.
Desultory

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2016 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/smp.php
I like the idea.
Personally, I find the uploading of images cumbersome, so it would be a nice way to customise my teams.
As of posting time 83% also agree!
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2016 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Desultory wrote:

Personally, I find the uploading of images cumbersome, so it would be a nice way to customise my teams

How would it do this? You'd still need to upload the images.
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2016 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Had a go at the space marine painter and it was very cool.

The thing about that is marines all have very similar armour and are the most popular models GW sells by a long way.

For Bloodbowl even within the races you have a huge variety of equipment. You get orc linemen who range from being covered in armour plates to wearing little but a loin cloth and shoulder pad.

There are sites out there that let you make custom sports uniform for sports such as American football and that could work for choosing colour schemes for shirts and shorts.

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2016 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem I am having, is that I'm struggling to workout the use of it for FUMBBL. I can see it being useful for TT, working out which colour paints to buy. However how is that useful for FUMBBL?

I'm guessing that the suggested use would be as portraits or maybe icons for Custom League? However that usage just isn't possible.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2016 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought it was extremely obvious what the use for FUMBBL would be, even at its most basic as outlined in gobbo's post:

You would have a generic tool that could create a "team strip" that would then be possible to display in your team bio.

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2016 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
The problem I am having, is that I'm struggling to workout the use of it for FUMBBL. I can see it being useful for TT, working out which colour paints to buy. However how is that useful for FUMBBL?

I'm guessing that the suggested use would be as portraits or maybe icons for Custom League? However that usage just isn't possible.

Does every post/idea put forward have to be FUMBBL specific? I do not use other forum sites (other than Waterbowl and even there we now have a Facebook group that sees more use)

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2016 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Dalfort wrote:

Does every post/idea put forward have to be FUMBBL specific?

No. However if it's not much use for FUMMBL, then you may get more purchase with an idea at a site that it suits more.

That said, I'm starting to get it and it would be FUMBBL specific. We had something a little similar with bone_idol. He made a couple of 'staff' pictures and then customised them for certain teams.

That could work, and is a bit more interesting I think. A staff member that could be customised with a teams colour scheme and emblem.

You paint a team kit that is then linked. Wouldn't a team helmet work better? Helmets after all is an accepted way of showing a team emblem. There are a variety of team helmets available on akarenton's site. Also for a variety of races.

One thing I'd like to see, is for more leagues to use a pitch icon set up like SWL. I feel that is very innovative.
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2016 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:

One thing I'd like to see, is for more leagues to use a pitch icon set up like SWL.

Could you explain 'pitch icon' set up like SWL.
I'm not familiar w/ that.

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2016 - 19:20 Reply with quote Back to top

When used together they make a pitch overlay. So you turn up with half and your opponent turns up with the other half.

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=779117
https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=657117
https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=572900
https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=656464
The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2016 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

it would be nice if where we have the team logo area we could also have a team helmet and a team jersey area as well, purely for fluff reasons.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2016 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Well somebody could do the coding for that. By helmet though, what I meant is that the official team logos are done on helmets.
The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2016 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Not in all cases, such as the Alabama Crimson Tide
 Jump to: