29 coaches online • Server time: 00:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coach
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DarthPhysicist

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2016 - 05:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Today was not a good day for Darth's Blood Bowl prowess. 3 games played and 3 games lost. None of them were even close! I could sit and moan about dice and the RNG but to be perfectly honest, I was just sucking air! I could tell about halfway through all of them that all of my woes were just bad positioning on my part, and solid play by my opponent. So Nuffle made sure to punish me further by not giving me a shaft opponent to play that would make up for my errors.

Then again, I guess Nuffle delivered me to my oppoenents... I'm depressed... and my Modelo tastes like shit...
Uedder

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2016 - 06:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't feel bad mate. We all have those days. We play badly, roll badly or both, can't think straight and so on...

Nothing a good walk in the woods can't solve Smile
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2016 - 06:46 Reply with quote Back to top

We all have those weeks. In my case it goes from bad luck to fostering bad emotions to fostering hopelessness to giving up prematurely.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2016 - 07:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I appreciate Saturday is drinking night, but maybe this should be a blog?
pythrr

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2016 - 08:00 Reply with quote Back to top

we all have those years, where nothing works and poo is liberally dropped from the heavens on us...

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2016 - 09:30 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
we all have those years, where nothing works and poo is liberally dropped from the heavens on us...

Luxury! I used to dream of poo falling from the heavens in my day. Now, I had it tough I tell you. A little poo would have been a nice change of pace from the gut wrenching torments I suffered at the hands of "avalanche of 1s"!

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2016 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:

Nah, the point was to have "general chat" and by being sufficiently self deprecating, someone else might have a story to share, and comments to make. Who knows, maybe it was a rare alignment of the planets with the North Shore of Massachusetts, and someone in Algeria was playing at their best!
Jamerson

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2016 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I feel your pain. For me, it's not so much the losing but the feeling that you have just wasted an hour or not really achieved anything.

I am a fixer. And my services are valued.

JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2016 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey DarthPhysicist, yeah we all have days like that. Sometimes the dice just aren't on your side. I assume a couple of those games were on Cyanide, as it looks like you only played one game on FUMBBL yesterday?

I checked out the first few turns of your Norse vs the Amazons. Looks like you were doing the right thing and you were just a bit unlucky. I think the match-up was a bit tough, given that your opponent had so much dodge/blodge and you had no tackle. One comment I have is that maybe you could have tried for more surfage, with all the frenzy - if you can't knock 'em over, push those chicks off and let the crowd sort them out Wink

(btw, come play in the NWL next season. I'm doing crap this season and I'm still having fun! Smile )

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2016 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:

I assume you've passed a year in the Teruel province then

harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2016 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

DarthPhysicist wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:

Nah, the point was to have "general chat" and by being sufficiently self deprecating, someone else might have a story to share, and comments to make. Who knows, maybe it was a rare alignment of the planets with the North Shore of Massachusetts, and someone in Algeria was playing at their best!

All of which could have been done on a blog. Rather than clutter up a forum category with personal stuff.
Cavetroll

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2016 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Everyone has these days. And the less frequent they occur, the more they hurt. Taking a break usually helps, as the urge to play overrides the frustration of losing/getting diced/getting slaughtered. Though the length of the break is often dependent on the level of frustration.

harvestmouse, be nice.

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2016 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

JellyBelly wrote:
I assume a couple of those games were on Cyanide, as it looks like you only played one game on FUMBBL yesterday?

Yeah, there were more than a few on both versions of Cyanide. Yes, I'm very aware of the surf goals of Norse which is why I'm so down on my play this weekend. My other matches were using a new-ish Chaos team and I wasn't doing them justice either. Just a general crap-shoot all over the place.

I post this here because everyone has a crap day every now and again (and as Pythrr points out, some peoples crap day goes on, and on, and on...) and they could (or could choose not to) add to this post. Also, I think the idea that the forum is "non-personal" posts alone is an exercise in futility. That ship has sailed!
pythrr

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2016 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

well, playing low TV chaos is almost always a crap shoot. just gotta suck it up until they get a few skills

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2016 - 22:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Jamerson wrote:
For me, it's not so much the losing but the feeling that you have just wasted an hour or not really achieved anything.

The irony of course is that this is true whether you lose or win!

It's ridiculous how much an "unfair" loss affects my mood the rest of the day. Breaks help but really it's about regaining perspective and having the proper attitude toward what is only a game.
 Jump to: