70 coaches online • Server time: 23:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MalicWanderer

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2016 - 01:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I've found a picture on DA that I believe is a perfect fit for one of the players on my custom roster, and whose author was kind enough to release it under CC BY 3.0, meaning it's entirely legal for me to take it and stick it in front of the scroll background and use that, as long as I give attribution to the original author.

However, I can't see any way to provide said attribution within the gallery. Is there a way to do this that I'm missing? If not, is this a feature that could potentially be added? (Even just an image description field where we could type out the attribution would be great.)

Apologies if this isn't in the right (sub)forum.
kummo

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2016 - 01:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Why not add a text about that either in players bio or teams bio?
MalicWanderer

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2016 - 01:30 Reply with quote Back to top

This is for a Custom Roster, not a built team, so I don't see any way to put the information on the player either. I could put it in the roster's info box tho I suppose.
Uedder

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2016 - 03:45 Reply with quote Back to top

The best thing imo would be to mod the picture to add the autor's name. But it wouldn't look as good.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2016 - 04:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I think at the moment the only workable alternative is to change the player name to the artist's. Although obviously that's not ideal when your Space Marine Apothecary or Great Uncle Bulgaria player type has to be renamed and appears on the roster as something like 3ternals0ul47...