32 coaches online • Server time: 10:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jdm

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2016 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

We all know that box is where the big boys play, but the similarities to WCW need not end there...

JellyBelly and I present to you, Black Box Racial Belts

24 belts for the 24 races (art on the UW and Pact belts comes from Wreckage's awesome browser extension. I have little experience with paint.net so these are me working to the utmost of my ability.

At the end of every 2 month period, the belts are awarded to the team with the best sprint (16 consecutive games) result, utilising koadah's awesome real black box sprint data.

So, the inaugural champions, based upon the sprint running from August to September, are:

AMAZON CHAMPION: Hell Grannies, coached by kfoged, with a sprint of 3/0/2
#1 CONTENDER: Hollywood Seduction, also coached by kfoged, with a sprint of 2/1/0
THIRD PLACE: Les beautés fatales, coached by Dr-Snake, with a sprint of 2/1/0

CHAOS CHAMPION: Rash, coached by jean-michel, with a sprint of 14/1/1
#1 CONTENDER: 5ème Element, coached by tykoonfranky, with a sprint of 12/3/1
THIRD PLACE: Calculatron, coached by ImpactedAnimal, with a sprint of 11/2/3

CHAOS DWARF CHAMPION: Plain of Zharr, coached by big_tschad, with a sprint of 12/1/3
#1 CONTENDER: Straight Outta' Compton, coached by Throwreck, with a sprint of 9/4/2
THIRD PLACE: Zwergen Feuerkopf, coached by Jos75, with a sprint of 9/2/3

CHAOS PACT CHAMPION: smallkosp, coached by smallman, with a sprint of 7/2/4
#1 CONTENDER: Big Tent Party, coached by MTKnife, with a sprint of 4/3/9
THIRD PLACE: RAW Trade, coached by nThatch, with a sprint of 3/3/4

DARK ELF CHAMPION: Hexgate Hydras, coached by Rbthma, with a sprint of 6/3/7
#1 CONTENDER: Boudin Noir Butchers BBL, coached by mrt1212, with a sprint of 3/2/2
THIRD PLACE: (B)lackguards, coached by bram, with a sprint of 3/0/3

DWARF CHAMPION: Zufbar Hammerers, coached by proff70, with a sprint of 5/6/5
#1 CONTENDER: Acklar's Pride, coached by Acklar, with a sprint of 6/1/6
THIRD PLACE: Barak Varr Krakens, coached by Mr_Foulscumm, with a sprint of 6/2/3

(PRO) ELF CHAMPION: Rain Wild, coached by Timetis, with a sprint of 12/1/3
#1 CONTENDER: Hopeless Brigade, coached by Uedder, with a sprint of 8/0/3
THIRD PLACE: Kiss my Asthma 99ers, coached by JackH, with a sprint of 5/0/1

GOBLIN CHAMPION: I Gigietti, coached by dirold, with a sprint of 4/4/8
#1 CONTENDER: Pirates of Bogwash, coached by Miceycraft, with a sprint of 3/1/3
THIRD PLACE: Villaraeliae BBC BBL, coached by mrt1212, with a sprint of 0/3/6

HALFLING CHAMPION: Bandle City Thunder, coached by Life5Failure, with a sprint of 0/0/8
#1 CONTENDER: Epic Failures of Foresight, coached by Azure, with a sprint of 1/0/1
THIRD PLACE: Sneaky Snackers BBL, coached by mrt1212, with a sprint of 0/0/2

HIGH ELF CHAMPION: Generic (B) elves, coached by Stonetroll, with a sprint of 11/3/2
#1 CONTENDER: Asuryan's Phoenices, coached by MattDakka, with a sprint of 6/7/3
THIRD PLACE: vapourlecomplot, coached by azyx, with a sprint of 6/3/7

HUMAN CHAMPION: Mega City One Judges, coached by Subs, with a sprint of 7/8/1
#1 CONTENDER: Humains du Barthas, coached by tykoonfranky, with a sprint of 8/3/5
THIRD PLACE: Blitzkrieg Brigade, coached by cdassak, with a sprint of 4/9/3

KHEMRI CHAMPION: Boardy sokoletons, coached by Silviackk, with a sprint of 3/4/0
#1 CONTENDER: Songs of Distant Sands, coached by CroixFer, with a sprint of 4/0/1
THIRD PLACE: Dentiere Dannate, coached by andr_e, with a sprint of 3/1/2

LIZARDMEN CHAMPION: Hessens Clowns, coached by Jos75, with a sprint of 9/2/5
#1 CONTENDER: Mornicertole, coached by albedoc, with a sprint of 7/2/3
THIRD PLACE: les arts s'en mèlent, coached by feufollet, with a sprint of 3/6/7

NECROMANTIC CHAMPION: Perpetual Army, coached by big_tschad, with a sprint of 9/6/1
#1 CONTENDER: die an other day, coached by madmatt13, who also had a sprint of 9/6/1.
THIRD PLACE: (B)iting the hand, coached by BubbaDave, with a sprint of 8/5/3

big_tschad and madmatt13 fought to a time limit draw but the title was awarded by the judges to big_tschad based upon average tv.

NORSE CHAMPION: Bjornhaven Berserkers, coached by DaCoach, with a sprint of 8/2/6
#1 CONTENDER: Sven Frenzysco 69ers, coached by Balle2000, with a sprint of 7/5/4
THIRD PLACE: Agdar Hrafners, coached by bujke, with a sprint of 7/1/3

NURGLE CHAMPION: Slime Barons, coacked by DukeTyrion, with a sprint of 10/5/1
#1 CONTENDER: Rot Pot, coached by Noble, who also had a sprint of 10/5/1
THIRD PLACE: Harsch, coached by Ignaz, with a sprint of 9/3/1

The judges found the odour coming off of the Slime Barons to be more pungent so awarded them the title. They are now hiding from Rot Pot.

Any coach that plays ogres is a true champion, but here are the results

OGRE CHAMPION: Seven-League Boots, coached by Timetis, with a (winning!) sprint of 3/2/2
#1 CONTENDER: Ogre me tendARR, coached by cdassak, with a sprint of 0/3/8
THIRD PLACE: Jumbo Franks and Weenies BBL, coached by mrt1212, with a sprint of 2/1/3

ORC CHAMPION: Fistfull of Steel, coached by Steakhachez, with a sprint of 11/3/2
#1 CONTENDER: We Wuz, coached by Threepac, with a sprint of 7/2/6
THIRD PLACE: Blunderbuzz, coached by Jackamon, with a sprint of 5/1/4

SKAVEN CHAMPION: Sendung mit der Maus, coached by Jos75, with a sprint of 9/2/5
#1 CONTENDER: Care Bears for the Fluff, coached by Hollaender, with a sprint of 7/4/5
THIRD PLACE: les rats des champs, coached by feufollet, with a sprint of 6/6/2

SLANN CHAMPION: Batracios cabreados, coached by Nestoroide, with a sprint of 11/0/5
#1 CONTENDER: Ranaldinhos Superstar team, also coached by Nestoroide, with a sprint of 10/2/4
THIRD PLACE: Tzunki's Hoppers, coached by MattDakka, with a sprint of 5/2/5

UNDEAD CHAMPION: ZombieBox59, coached by didier59, with a sprint of 7/0/4
#1 CONTENDER: BlackundeadBox, also coached by didier59, with a sprint of 4/3/3
THIRD PLACE: Black(B)ox Undead, coached by MrNomad, with a sprint of 4/1/2

UNDERWORLD CHAMPION: Florescent Jumpsuits, coached by keggiemckill, with a sprint of 5/3/5
#1 CONTENDER: Bulboniks le Retour!!, coached by tykoonfranky, with a sprint of 4/3/6
THIRD PLACE: Underground Pain Train BBL, coached by mrt1212, with a sprint of 2/1/4

VAMPIRE CHAMPION: Red Bats, coached by MattDakka, with a sprint of 10/4/2
#1 CONTENDER: Guinguetus Narvalis, coached by bancobat, with a sprint of 4/5/0
THIRD PLACE: Ve Silence of the Thralls, coached by Cyrus-Havoc, with a sprint of 4/2/2

WOOD ELF CHAMPION: Wanderers of the Forest, coached by bancobat, with a sprint of 10/2/4
#1 CONTENDER: Luckville Dodgers, coached by Rawlf, with a sprint of 8/2/1
THIRD PLACE: Kalevalan Uusi Aika, coached by tmoila, with a sprint of 2/2/5

Break It Down
Out of the 24 race, only 5 races achieved 3 or more sprints over August and September(Chaos, High Elf, Human, Lizardmen and Necromantic).

7 of the 24 races didn't achieve a single completed sprint (Underworld, Pact, Ogre, Khemri, Undead, Halfling and Amazon).

I realise that site activity drops in the (NH) summer months.

3 races were dominated by single coaches: kfoged with Amazons, Nestoroide with Slann and didier59 with Undead.

3 coaches achieved title unification:
big_tschad is holding the Chaos Dwarf and Necromantic belts.
Timetis is holding the Elf and Ogre belts (ARR Hero).
Jos75 is holding the Skaven and Lizardmen belts.

Plans For The Future:
Hoping to have a group page up and running asap. However teams don't need to be a member of any group to be in contention for the belt

I'm finishing up the silver and bronze belt art too. Currently all I've done is switch out the coloured background layer, I'd be interested to hear any other ideas.

Also, if anyone has greater photoshop-fu and fancies helping makes the belts a bit more unique based on race then please get in touch. I had the idea of the halfling belt being shaped like a pie surrounded by crust, or the goblin belt looking a bit more raggedy. Maybe adding some claws to the chaos belt and tents to the nurgle one. Etc.

Finally, I know I promised a resurrection of the black box belt, and this is coming. But I've been still swamped by RL (had planned to have this done for the first of the month) so it will happen asap.

Thanks for reading and thanks for playing box. See you in the scheduler (as soon as I find the time)

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2016 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Double Snake Eyes claim the only defeat of the Slime Barons on that Sprint Very Happy

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2016 - 21:34 Reply with quote Back to top

ArrestedDevelopment wrote:
Double Snake Eyes claim the only defeat of the Slime Barons on that Sprint Very Happy

Excited to discover who DSE are, I headed to your coach page, moist with anticipation. Are they goblins? Slann? OGRES???

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2016 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Yay, this is great work dude!
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2016 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

jdmickleburgh wrote:

Excited to discover who DSE are, I headed to your coach page, moist with anticipation. Are they goblins? Slann? OGRES???

Well. They are green, and were full of blodge.

So just like goblins Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2016 - 22:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome work Mr. Mickleburgh! Belt is slapped into bio!
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2016 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

\o/ awesome idea and work!
Belt added to Red Bats' bio.

<jumps holding the belt up in the air>
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2016 - 01:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Great post, jdmickleburgh - those gold belts are looking awesome! I'm really excited about this! Very Happy

ramchop wrote:
Interesting. So would a 0/0/16 Amazon record have won a belt as the only 16 game qualifier?

I may be tempted to leap into Box (never been there) to pick up a near guaranteed shiny award.

Yes! It follows the BB sprint, so if someone had played 16 games with an Amazon team, they would have won the gold belt (even if they lost them all). Please do jump in - the whole point is to encourage more diversity by giving coaches the chance to win some easy loot by playing with the lesser-used races in the Box.

Personally, I'm tempted to try to get a few games in with my new Khemri team this season .. Smile

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2016 - 02:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Displaying the badges on the coach's page would be awesome.
ramchop

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2016 - 02:00
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

ha. deleted my post as i thought i'd got it completely wrong.

the Pact belt indicates that there isn't a 16 game minimum. it's all done on score.

still... tempted
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2016 - 02:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Give in to that temptation, ramchop .. there's a sparkly belt here, waiting for you .. Wink

Yeah, it's based off of the sprint scoring, so you don't need 16 games to win the gold belt (but more games will obviously help ..)

@MattDakka: I agree, it would be awesome if something like this could be incorporated into the coach page, so people could more easily show them off, but I guess it could be a lot of work for Christer to do that.

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
ben_awesome

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2016 - 09:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there info on when sprints start and finish? In the original post it just says every two months but when and where or should I just be playing box all the time now? :-p
jdm

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2016 - 09:25 Reply with quote Back to top

On my phone so linking is tough but they last for 2 months and run Oct-Nov, Dec-Jan etc. You don't have to do anything to take part apart from the most obvious thing: play more box Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2016 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

So, in a 2 month span, all halfling teams combined for a grand total of 1 victory. So depressing.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2016 - 23:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Azure wrote:
So, in a 2 month span, all halfling teams combined for a grand total of 1 victory. So depressing.

Fix it!
 Jump to: