56 coaches online • Server time: 19:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2016 - 01:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Azure wrote:
So, in a 2 month span, all halfling teams combined for a grand total of 1 victory. So depressing.

That was the one game where someone substituted the ball for a roast chicken. Wink

Is it true that the sprint only counts games over a certain TV (1400?)? If so, that might make it more difficult to get qualifying games for the stunty teams.

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2016 - 01:24 Reply with quote Back to top

JellyBelly wrote:
Is it true that the sprint only counts games over a certain TV (1400?)?

Have you looked at the sprint page? Smile

Results are from the best 'sprint' of 16 consecutive qualifying games. Games qualify when either the team or their opponents are over 1400TV.

That's kinda the point.
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2016 - 01:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
Have you looked at the sprint page? Smile

Results are from the best 'sprint' of 16 consecutive qualifying games. Games qualify when either the team or their opponents are over 1400TV.

That's kinda the point.

I thought that was the case and I have seen that page before, but I couldn't remember where the TV limit was stated. Thanks for pointing it out.

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
jdm

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2016 - 11:34 Reply with quote Back to top

There is sprint data for all TV, but after chatting with a couple of people I went for this choice. I'll gladly listen to arguments about changing it though.

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2016 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Azure wrote:
So, in a 2 month span, all halfling teams combined for a grand total of 1 victory. So depressing.

No sir.

The belts only cover matches where one or both teams are TV1400+ (as Koadah's box sprints do), I'd imagine there's a variety of reasons for that and I can think of several myself (negatively affecting bottom-feeders, encouraging team longevity, allowing/encouraging people to build a team towards and through a sprint, encouraging people to activate older teams etc).

But also I'm quite happy, for selfish reasons, that they cover 1400+ - because ARR counts everything for the ARR races, and if the belts did too, I think we'd end up with a lot of cross-over data to the point of rendering one set of awards deprecated.

Flings got 3 wins in the box last season, and 4 draws. Out of 44 games.

However, 14 of those losses where for the same team who were activating during the NA timeslot as the only "old" team owned by that coach, and subsequently got some absolute horror draws. 11 of those matches were one game/one loss sprints (and these include teams put into the box minor and brawls).

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2016 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

c9805222 wrote:
Is there info on when sprints start and finish? In the original post it just says every two months but when and where or should I just be playing box all the time now? :-p

Yes. All the time. Don't stop!

One sprint starts as soon as the last one finishes.

The new season (Oct/Nov) is already under way.

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2016 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

awesome Koadah. I was looking for that data, but couldn't find a way to get to it.
 Jump to: