60 coaches online • Server time: 19:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coach
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sheepycollins

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2016 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Then you don't have lrb6 it was updated fairly recently but it's on mine and as kummo said it's in the designer notes at the end, all the new stuff is in red so should be easy to see

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2016 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Would that be the LRB5 plus experimental rules pack.
Thats from around 2008 and included banking rules.
CRP is the most current official release and what we use.

xnoelx

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2016 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

He may well have lrb6, as there are least two versions of it. There is the "official" one, which says lrb 6, Jan 1 2010 on the title page and is identical to CRP but with more pictures and the 3 additional teams. That one is 84 pages and is the one available on the Cyanide site.

There is also the "Icepelt version" which is 87 pages and includes the bank rule, but was never official. It says Blood Bowl Living Rulebook 6 on the title page, and has a blue cover, followed by a page of painted minis.

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2016 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Why does it say "Living Rulebook 6 - Chaos Cup 2015/16" in it?

(Via googling Chaos Cup i found out it's official NAF MAJOR in US)

Wouldn't that mean that someone somewhere uses it still?

Ok, found CRP.. yeah, CRP doesn't have banking rules.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2016 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

As I said, there are at least two versions. I'd assume the Chaos Cup decided to use the bank rule and made up their own version, or something along those lines. And Icepelt might not've had bank rules, I may have mixed the two up as I've never used either. But generally speaking, "everyone" uses CRP.

Edit: after a bit more research, lrb6 with pictures and the 3 extra teams IS Icepelt. The one with bank rules is the Chaos Cup's version. And "official" lrb6 is CRP. I think. Just stick with CRP and you'll be fine.

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2016 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

The Chaos cup was GW's last "official" release for bloodbowl and the editor even said it was basically updated to crp standard with the bank rule implementation as it was playtested and found that it works to encourage the use of inducements especially for coaches with loads of disposable income.

It's an optional rule true but I do like it, might even start just using some excess cash on my Dwarf team for lols I got almost 400k that ain't gonna spend itself lol

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2016 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

You do not have to hire Journeymen. Instead you can take the inducements (if you get them,) and hire a Star or a Merc. Ive thought about doing this for Tourneys in particular.

Jeffro
Lucci

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2016 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you everybody !
sheepycollins

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2016 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

keggiemckill wrote:
You do not have to hire Journeymen. Instead you can take the inducements (if you get them,) and hire a Star or a Merc. Ive thought about doing this for Tourneys in particular.

Surely this will only work if you know who you are going to play next, if you didn't take 2 JM and had to play a lower TV team you'd have to use your own cash to get up to 11 players