44 coaches online • Server time: 15:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kryten

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2016 - 22:45
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Annoyance: Safe Throw - if safe throw prevents a fumble based on negative modifiers (not a natural 1) then the thrower holds onto the ball (correct) but it still counts as a turnover (incorrect). Workaround - none - just be aware that you will incur a turnover if your thrower holds onto the ball instead of fumbling the pass.

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=bugs&op=view&id=1426
Kryten

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2016 - 22:49
FUMBBL Staff

Annoyance: Missing players during setup. If you are setting up your men for kickoff, sometimes you can click too quickly and a player will land on another, and one of them disappears. You can resolve this by Saving the Setup, Moving a player, and Loading the Setup. The missing player appears in reserves, and you can set up normally.

Gamebreaking, same issue: Unfortunately, if you move several players to the same square during a kick off event, like Perfect Defense, Quick Snap, or High Kick - there is no solution. You won't be able to end setup, and the game is broken. Workaround: Be careful during these kick off events.
Kryten

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2016 - 22:51
FUMBBL Staff

Annoyance: Quick Snap - whole turn missed entirely. This is a fun one - the receiving coach gets a Quick Snap kick off result, and once done with moving his players, he clicks on End Setup twice quickly. The client interprets the second click of the End Setup as "End Turn" and immediately ends the receiving coach's turn. Workaround: Click only once. Fair Play option: Defender ought to skip his turn as well, in fairness. This is not always a great option, but often can be reasonable.
Kryten

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2016 - 22:55
FUMBBL Staff

Quote:
1) Blitz action: if you click the target of your Blitz after using a re-roll on a Dodge or GFI to get next to them, but do so too quickly before your client has fully synchronised with the sever about the re-roll result, your block from the blitz action can be lost. This can be recovered if you are able to move more squares, and sometimes is recovered if the client is reloaded.

Clarification on this one: Specifically, the issue here is if you must roll for something while moving next to the target of your blitz, and then click on the victim of the blitz before the client can prompt you for the team reroll. The client catches up and prompts you to use the team reroll, which you use and pass the roll (GFI, leap, Dodge, whatever) but now you cannot actually blitz the victim (but you could blitz some other adjacent target). Workaround: Don't click so fast when going to blitz someone. Otherwise, you can try to continue moving, but this is usually not practical (more dodges, GFI, etc.)
ramchop

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2016 - 22:57
FUMBBL Staff

Thanks. I'll put the Missing Player as a Game Breaker. Even though there is a fix for this, if neither player knows the fix then the game can be effectively frozen. (e.g. can't end set up with 10 men on the field and an 11th in the twilight zone).
Kryten

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2016 - 23:04
FUMBBL Staff

Another fun ghostly player bug: It's possible (but rare) for the two clients to be out of synch with regards to where certain players are. Usually this happens during a laggy situation during setup, when you are fumbling with setting up the players. The results are bad - you can see the player in one location on your screen during setup, but then if you disconnect/reconnect - you'll find that really he was somewhere else. It's also possible that one of your own players will end up moving straight over him and disappear him for the drive.

Workaround: Use Saved Setups to minimize click/dragging during setups. If you have trouble during a setup, do the save setup/move guy/load setup trick to ensure your players are correctly located. If something is acting weird during your turn, then tell your opponent, disconnect, and reconnect to see where your players really are located. Can be murky to deal with.
Kryten

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2016 - 23:16
FUMBBL Staff

Annoyance: In case the FFB server crashes, ongoing matches get rolled back to beginning of turn. Because we don't have a way to replicate results in FFB, and coaches don't have a way to force a crash - our current response on this is:

"Any partial turn that was played did not happen. Coaches should continue the match from the point where it got reloaded by the client. You don't have to try to replicate what happened before."

Not a happy thing to have to rule on, but it's all we have. One note on this - if you are planning to disconnect and finish the rest of a game at a later time... Kick the ball off first. Get to the Beginning of a Turn. Then disconnect and let the game be saved at a good point. I saw this happen once where two coaches took a break after a brilliant one-turn score on Turn 8... and it got rolled back by a crash Sad
ramchop

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2016 - 02:09
FUMBBL Staff

tmoila wrote:
CRP Breakers

You cannot foul during the free turn of Blitz!.

This is blatantly wrong from CRP and needs to be fixed ASAP.

I feel that I have failed as a fouler for not knowing about this one. Sad
Rawlf

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2016 - 11:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is another one regarding passblock, this time in combination with tentacles. Tents make a mess out of a pass block!

Most importantly: if your passblocker ends his pass block move in an illegal square because he is held by tents, the game freezes and has to be abandoned.

But the whole move action is bug ridden.

IF the passblocker is in a legal square when he tries to dodge the tents but is held - no problem, the game continues, you can try to intercept.

IF the passblocker is in an illegal square and tries to dodge out but is held, the passblock action should end right there.
Instead, you get your remaining (1 or 2) moves, but now you continue your move as if you had succeded the tents roll, possibly beaming yourself 2 squares away towards the INT zone, rolling for the move as if you were leaving the square you failed to enter in the first place.
Unfortunately, you cannot work around this by clicking the continue button, because you are in an illegal square.

So a siterule should state: Do NOT use passblock with a player next to tents outside the INT zone.
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2016 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

tmoila wrote:
CRP Breakers

You cannot foul during the free turn of Blitz!.

This is blatantly wrong from CRP and needs to be fixed ASAP.

You mean, you are supposed to be able to foul, but the client doesn't let you?

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
Gozer_the_Gozerian

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2016 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

@ArrestedDevelopment

"As an aside, if this has happened "a couple of times", I would question why you've repeated doing it, knowing what happened the first time?"

The first time it happened, the other coach accidentally did it to me, then the second time I'd forgotten all about it, as it was months later, and I accidentally did it to my opponent.

It's good to know it doesn't always become skulls, I guess it just happened to choose a skull both times it happened during my games.

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2016 - 07:02
FUMBBL Staff

Bug summary list updated. Any more?
Kharon

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2016 - 09:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Annoyance: Spiked Ball (either as a dirty trick card or from league settings)

In case of multiple failed catch attempts the Spiked ball only stabs the last player failing the catch.

For example: player A fails a pick-up, the ball scatters to player B, who fails the catch scattering the ball to player C who also fails the catch. Only player C is stabbed instead of A,B and C.

From the rules: (...)any failed pick up or catch roll (but not interception roll) is treated as the player being attacked with the Stab skill by an opponent.
easilyamused

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2016 - 10:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Good thread. Stikkied.

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2016 - 09:47
FUMBBL Staff

No fouling on a Blitz! kickoff table result? I guess that's a bug so I'll add it to the Annoyances

unless I'm wrong, in which case I'll remove it again
 Jump to: