33 coaches online • Server time: 15:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, I did fail to mention the most epic moment of the match.

Turn 6 in the first half the Titans cannot get the score with out resorting to drastic action. Hand off to a snotling, pick him up and heave him downfield....PERFECT throw and landing!!!!

Glorious TTM for what turned out to be the game winner.

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2016 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

A little over 24 h to go. Let's get this round done! Smile
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2016 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Round 4 group PM below. We'll be leaving R3 behind us later this evening!

Hi all.

Round 3 is coming to a close this evening (~ 100 mins from this PM), and we then move into round 4 of 5, which ends at the same time next week at 22:00 BBtime, Monday, October 10.

Just a quick reminder - I am not forfeiting games this time around, please advise your individual staff member nice and early if you're having trouble. You'll find their names below, or on the group page.

Keep up the good work and the high games completed percentage!

Cheers,

Phil / Goo.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2016 - 09:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Wednesday of R4 is already here! I hope first contact has been made and those games are being organised.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2016 - 08:22 Reply with quote Back to top

It's Friday! I hope all organisation goes well... If not, shout!
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2016 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

A little under a day to go. Go, go, GO!
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2016 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

The final Swiss round PM!

All,

Please continue not to reply to this PM, instead use the forum for all discussion.

Round 5 of 5 is upon us! Very shortly, the final Swiss week will begin, and it ends at the usual time next week: 22:00 BBtime, Monday, October 17.

Let's push as hard as we can and finish the event with a bang!

A reminder of why we're here: the Welsh Open.

The Welsh Open is one of the UK’s largest tournaments, and it is held in Newport, Wales. Next year, the eighth Welsh Open will be held over the weekend of January 28th / 29th, and you should go!

Full Welsh Open VIII information can be found in this thread: http://www.talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=42740

Cheers,

Phil / Goo.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2016 - 08:33 Reply with quote Back to top

The final Wednesday. Let's push to the end!
Rawlf

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2016 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

iena (#1 in group 2) and I are starting the last round match right now.
frogboy

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2016 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Good Luck everyone still to play their last games in the group stages and to everyone progressing onto the Play Offs.

I had a blast and learned a lot. Hopefully will return to give you some harder games next time, see you all in January in sunny Newport for the TT Welsh Open Wink

Foul Bowl - Table Top Tournament in South Wales
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2016 - 08:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Final Friday! Go go! Smile
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2016 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

A little over a day remains. Let's power through to the end!
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2016 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Final group PM, detailing all of our winners!

Hello, Online Welsh Openers!

Please continue not to respond to this PM thread and use the forum for all discussion!

The group stages of the Online Welsh Open are drawing to a close, and what a five weeks we've had! The Swiss groups are just being tided up, and then we'll be moving into our playoff phase. Here comes all of the vital information...

The Stunty Cup will be contested between Painstate's Ogres (2/1/2) and m0gw41's Halflings (also 2/1/2). Fine performances, gentlemen, now settle matters in a final playoff game! This will be a match between our most consistent Stunty operator m0gw41 and the charismatic PainState, I'm really looking forward to the build-up! Hard lines Glowworm, who just missed out on 2/0/3.

This time, we have some certificates for most TDs and most CAS in the group stages. In the tradition of NAF tournaments, we'll give the awards to coaches that haven't made the playoffs and are in the running for other prizes. Most TDs is a tie between cyg-Obsidian (Dark Elf) and lorgoth (Wood Elf) with 11. cyg-Obsidian conceded fewer TDs, so gets the nod, congratulations! Most CAS was KhorneliusPraxx with 21 (Necro). 21 CAS in five games! Claw-some. Sorry, not sorry.

Now for the playoffs! A recap of the format this time; the group winners advance to the final four, and they will be joined by the winner of a fourway between the three second placed teams and the best third place. Tiebreakers are racial tier, opponent record then net TD + net CAS. Those results were:

Group 1: Winner: Timetis (Elf), 8 pts. Second: PeteW (Dark Elf), 8 pts. Racial tier split our big two here.

Group 2: Winner: iena (Dwarves), 9 pts. Second Strider84 (Lizardman), 8 pts. Third Kaltenland (Skaven), 8 pts. Second and third here were settled by opponent score, and Kaltenland qualifies as our best placed 3rd placed coach.

Group 3: Winner: Spartako (Wood Elves), 10 pts. Second mobo (Wood Elves), 8 pts. Spartako was our only 5/0/0 coach, well done! The favourite to win it all?

So, there we have it! The final four will be Timetis, iena, Spartako and one of PeteW, Strider84, Kaltenland and mobo. The playoffs and the Stunty Cup will be set up shortly; participating coaches, please set up your games and get stuck in! We'll be slightly laxer on deadlines for the playoffs, but please crack on, and post those game times in the forum!

Thanks to everyone that joined us for the Online Welsh Open. It's been five great weeks of Blood Bowl action, and we have the playoffs to come! Please stay tuned for our next event. It's going to be a bit different, a special way to round off the year. Come November, things are going to get a little bit Dungeonbowl around here...

Thanks!

Phil / Goo.
PeteW

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2016 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Ahhh - forgot about racial tier!

Hehe - well, I guess I get the 'win' of an extra two games of bloodbowl! (Hopefully).

All good. bring it on!

Thanks Goo - another great tournament.

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2016 - 08:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Woohoo !! I won smthg !

Thanks to my opponents, it's mainly grace to you ! Smile

Good luck for the PO !!
 Jump to: